Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > The Lounge > Computer Software

Old 26th November 2001, 12:36 PM
Ninja Taisho

PC: Ghost Recon Review

Hey guys...just wanted to drop in and give a quick review of what i thought of this game. Not going to go into extreme detail right now, but ill give a brief summary.

I truely enjoyed Rogue Spear, and was eagerly anticipating this game. From the first mission, you can feel that same feeling that rogue spear offered. If you are familiar with Rogue Spear, youll notice there are a few differences between the two. The first one is that you no longer have to set out the paths of your troops before hand. There is a real-time stragedy map that you can set while actually playing. Definitely a nice feature considering that you need to change your path depending on the situation. Secondly, the graphics. The graphics in this game are pretty sweet. Detail is awsome, and some of the city maps have that 'city' feel.

As i said before, the map designs are fantastic. Whether it is in a little city map, where the russian troops have set up little tripod-guns in windows or huge tanks rumbling down the streets, it definitely has a good feel. There are some maps that have 20 or so troops heading towards your direction. Your goal is to protect the UN troops. Nothing like 20 troops and 2 huge tanks rolling down the road to get your heart pumping a bit.

But the negative? Ok, i dont think this is just me and i hope some of you will agree, but i tend to have a good/bad habit of saving OFTEN...very often. The good? well, you wont have to repeat stuff. The Bad? Well, if one of your troops die, then you can just do a quick load. There is certainly good reason to not want any of your troops to die. Each mission they complete, you get 'experience' points, which you can put on such things as leadership, weapons, stanima, etc. Considering this, why would you want to accept the death of one of your troops? all that work, and your just going to let him die? I think not...your going to hit that trust F7 key to do a quick load. Another thing is that depending on how many kills each individual gets, you get medals. Which adds to the fact that you either want to share the kills with all your men, or be a hog and pick one individual and snipe everyone. Either way, medals really seem to make no difference other than a visual goo-dad.

Hmm, brain seems to have stopped working....cant think of what else to say...hehe....This is a great game for those that liked rogue Spear.....

Last edited by Baptizer; 26th November 2001 at 05:02 PM.
Old 26th November 2001, 12:51 PM
Ninja Taisho

Oh just another thing. This game falls short though because it offers no vehicles to drive. Whereas 'Operation Flashpoint' let you drive vehicles, this game doesnt let you do that.........this is kinda important because EVERYONE and their platapuss wants to drive a vehicle full of men or a tank or even a scooter!
Considering this game was built on the Tribes2 engine(i think), i am rather surprised there is no vehicle support because they are an important aspect of Tribes 2!! But honestly, does the fact that there are no vehicles make this game worse? No not really....but it would have definitely added a lot to the game....
Old 18th December 2001, 07:12 PM
Ninja Gocho

Thumbs up I must have it!

Man, this game gets nothing but stupendous reviews. Must...buy...it... Between this and Max Payne, I will be near destructive capacity. then, I plan to work on a Smurfs mod for Quake III. Nice review writing, BTW.

ARAGORN:2x 1900 MP|4x 80 Gb Western Digital (3Ware 7450 RAID)|1.2 Gb Crucial RAM|1 million fans|Win-d'ohs XP Pro|Asylum GeForce4 Ti4600|SB Audigy Platinum all sitting on an Asus A7M266-D (140 MHz FSB)

My Needs Work web page
Old 18th December 2001, 07:13 PM
Ninja Gocho

Thumbs up I must have it!

Man, this game gets nothing but stupendous reviews. Must...buy...it... Between this and Max Payne, I will be near destructive capacity. then, I plan to work on a Smurfs mod for Quake III. Nice review writing, BTW.

Old 18th December 2001, 07:16 PM
Ninja Taisho

ooo! a smurfs mod for quake 3!! sweet!!! Make sure you make vanity smurf and brainy smurf!! hehehe. Yea, i think you will be pleased with this game.....definitely worth it if you liked the previous installments, and if you enjoy tactical deploying games.
With this and max payne, you should have a good mixture! If there is any other game you are interested in, but still worried, let me know..i have played a lot of the newer games....take care