Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > The Lounge > Off topic

Old 13th February 2005, 05:59 AM
Troll

Contact lenses - a great practical joke.

SO I says to meself "lets try these puppies out, gotta be cooler than wearing sunglasses over the top of normal frames"

I believe these were first trialled during the spanish inquisition, then reinvented by nazi doctors during ww2. Either that theres a candid camera crew laughing their heads off at me as I hold my lids open and stick my finger in my eye.

no wonder theres so many people still wearing glasses.
Old 13th February 2005, 10:48 AM
Ninja Shogun

hahahaahhaha ... on a serious note have you thought about that Lazer eye treatment? ... I am not sure what problems it can cure but its gotta be better than poking ones-self in the eye or crawling about the floor looking for the dropped contact Lens

Regards
Old 13th February 2005, 10:53 AM
The Original Muppet

Its all down to practise m8. Once you get into a routine with them its second nature. I've worn them for 18 years personally ( obviously not the same pair ).
Old 13th February 2005, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Vault Gatekeeper

I'm using the 1-day lenses for stuff like sports, otherwise i'm wearing my glasses.

And yep, with practice, you poke em in in under 5 seconds and get them out even faster, even without a mirror

Rag

Ninja SAS

27 Ghz Crunching power

- Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer.
- Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.
- There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.
Old 13th February 2005, 01:07 PM
Ninja Taisa

LOL I am with you Wylie I hated them and went back to glasses. Just get prescription lense sun glasses, they are always doing two for one deals here.
Old 13th February 2005, 03:00 PM
WoW FREAK!!!
Booyah!!!

i can put em in/take em out in one try every time, takes a couple of seconds. its like anything else, the more you do it the better/faster you get at it. I willNEVER wear glasses again
Bairne-lvl 80 Male Tauren Warrior
Twizzdedtoo-Lvl 80 Male Night Elf Rogue
Bairnetoo-Lvl 80 Male Tauren Shamen
Tryinitagain-Lvl 80 Female Blood Elf Mage
Littlebairne-Lvl 80 Male Tauren Death Knight

Server is .......um everywhere lmao
Old 13th February 2005, 03:03 PM
Owner
Princess Smartypants

I always wanted contacts ...for no other reason but to change my eye color, but after putting a major papercut across my cornea (in 1995..which has never, and apparently will never heal) That's just never gonna be an option
Old 13th February 2005, 03:12 PM
WoW FREAK!!!
Booyah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I always wanted contacts ...for no other reason but to change my eye color, but after putting a major papercut across my cornea (in 1995..which has never, and apparently will never heal) That's just never gonna be an option
do I even wanna know um.........................no
Old 13th February 2005, 04:18 PM
Ninja Shogun

i would never wear them. corneal hypoxia,corneal ulcers,etc...

long term studies are now just becoming available and they are too scary for me. whats sad is people with normal vision are using them just to alter their eye color....crazy.
Old 13th February 2005, 05:22 PM
Owner
Mrs. FWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops
Quote:
I remember that!! Jules is the only person I've ever known to get a paper cut on her eye

I always cringe when I watch Michael put his contacts in or take them out. Doesn't seem to faze him though, he's quite adept
Old 13th February 2005, 05:42 PM
Owner
Princess Smartypants

Yeah..that was one of my better blonde moments
Old 13th February 2005, 05:48 PM
WoW FREAK!!!
Booyah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops
Quote:
I remember that!! Jules is the only person I've ever known to get a paper cut on her eye

I always cringe when I watch Michael put his contacts in or take them out. Doesn't seem to faze him though, he's quite adept
i take mine out every couple of.........................MONTHS
Old 13th February 2005, 05:52 PM
Administrator
Vault Gatekeeper

You'r kiddin? Gotta take em out at night, otherwise they stick in your eye quite impressively and your vision is blurred like hell...happened once or twice to me

Unless you're using the 24/7 type but I thought they didnt last more than 2 weeks at most.

Rag
Old 13th February 2005, 06:01 PM
Ninja Master
ghost from the past...

Contacts can be a pain (I'm thinking of getting extended wear ones next time I get some) but they are definitely better than glasses for me. You get used to putting them in and taking them out - just make sure to put drops in your eyes once in awhile to clean them off while you're wearing them.

Oh yeah! Don't get laser surgery either. They cut off your cornea, which you need to see. If they cut off too much, you're just out of luck. You also get halos looking at lights, difficulty driving at night, etc. The problems that the "industry" (people who aren't even docs are doing it in malls now, I read) want you to think are only appearing in <.5% of cases are, in some reports, actually appearing in >5% of cases. I'd wait for the next thing...

-spec
Old 13th February 2005, 07:25 PM
WoW FREAK!!!
Booyah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarog
You'r kiddin? Gotta take em out at night, otherwise they stick in your eye quite impressively and your vision is blurred like hell...happened once or twice to me

Unless you're using the 24/7 type but I thought they didnt last more than 2 weeks at most.

Rag
nope, none of those probs. never get dry or stick to my eye. blurred vision-nope. can take em out whenever i please and put em right back in if i wanna. mine are the dailys