Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > Team Ninja DC Projects > SETI@home - The Next Generation

Old 3rd August 2003, 09:22 AM
Ninja Shogun
Time Lord

Thumbs down Well I'll have to try and vacuum the rest of the water

...`up in the Bat Cave today, before the next flood starts. One of my computer "woofers" [was on the floor, well two were] and no longer "woofs" ...when you hold up the unit, the water runs out of the other end it hummms good though~

But on the bright: it's going to pour some more, as there are fllood warnings out for where I live, today and this morning

If I just didn't have a sunken driveway, then the water would not come in... real smart A&E work done with the house in 1971 when it was built = not

I feel like the Bat Cave has become an intermittent stream this summer... I've lived in this house 20 years, and I've never seen it this bad... it's not feet of water, just 4" everytime it rains, over the entire first floor... the carpet was torn out at the beginning of the rainy-season... one wonders how glad I am, that I did not put more down yet... maybe this winter; but on second thought, I'm the only one that lives here now, so why should a Bat Cave have carpet to begin with, I mean: aren't all caves damp and wet...

regards, the doctor: traveling time lord ~
Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of the car is separate from the way the car is driven. -Edward De Bono, writer and speaker (1933-

Last edited by The Doctor; 3rd August 2003 at 09:29 AM.
Old 3rd August 2003, 10:04 AM
Ninja Master

not good at all. Water is nasty stuff...

jema
Old 3rd August 2003, 10:14 AM
Ninja Master
Yeeeehaw

maybe its time to turn it into a Bat-Roost
Old 3rd August 2003, 11:34 AM
Ninja Taisho
I didn't Do It!...

You could always turn the house upside down... that way the important parts (puters) are kept dry.... Other less important parts can get wet without any harm done...
Old 3rd August 2003, 11:45 AM
<==XTRP8R

So the "Bat Cave" is now Lake Placid? Ouch!!! A sump pump and raised computer floor seem like necessities at this point.

Best of luck with the weather and hope you are able to save the rest of your equipment (and yourself) from these continued floods.
Old 3rd August 2003, 02:21 PM
Ninja Shogun
Time Lord

Talking REPORT FROM: DAVEY JONES LOCKER

I'll know more at the end of the month..., I'll either be moving into a new house, or well be enabled to fix this one [hold over from the May 5th divorce]... and be glad when that's past... I'm going to have to paint the Tardis at this rate.. getting kinda musty... and daleks do not like water [little know time lord fact].
Attached Images

Old 3rd August 2003, 06:35 PM
Ninja Jotohei

My Transporters standing by

Hey Doc,

Got me 2 left over transporters from my old buddy Scotty.
If ya need some help I can BEAM them to the upstairs for ya.

Just ask and I am there!

r9brian
Old 3rd August 2003, 06:38 PM
Ninja Shogun
Time Lord

Talking YO r9b~

How's about just beaming all of the water "OUT!!!!"
Attached Images

Old 3rd August 2003, 10:57 PM
Ninja Jotohei

hey Doc

That would be nice.

But considering the area your talking bout. I might BEAM away some other stuff that you wanted to keep. like the "BIG Gun"

Lets just relocate the stuff out the Bat Cave then you can do some structural repair to those side panels of your Worp engines.

lol

r9brian
Old 3rd August 2003, 11:09 PM
<==XTRP8R

Doc's Bad Caverns

r9brian, it's no longer called the "Bat Cave". Due to the flooding, it's now known as "Doc's Bad Caverns" <lol>
Old 3rd August 2003, 11:48 PM
Ninja Jotohei

whatever ya call it

Hey Hogward

It don't matter what he calls it. its bout time for some relocating to a different place, a different time, a different dimension or somethin' for he kills himself, or worst yet, the Big Gun.

r9brian
Old 4th August 2003, 12:29 AM
<==XTRP8R

Actually, my impression is that the Doctor is worth hundreds of Big Guns, rather than the other way around....

With all candor, my hope is that his home situation is resolved soon, so that either repairs can be made or he can relocate to more suitable quarters: fitting for a Time Lord.

The present situation is intolerable for a healthy man, much less one who has severe medical problems.
Old 4th August 2003, 02:47 AM
Ninja Shogun
Time Lord

Cool r9b I'm waiting for 3 more weeks....

Then either construction starts [repairs] or I'm moving out.

Thanks for the offer, but I need to upgrade the home's electrical supply before I can move things around the house.

I had the Bat Cave's wiring redone, just to support the Tardis... and you remember my kitchen table... before long, wires will be everywhere.

This place is too big for "just me" ...though I do so enjoy the trees I've planted over the 20 year period that I've been here.

Heck I've still got multiple "new" monitors setting around in their original unopened shipping containers, as well as mice and keyboards, and boxes of line conditioners... I've got enough cat-5e cable to redo the entire Bat Cave... tight quarters there, what with the Tardis in there as well.

You know my dilemma, r9b, I just cannot lift anything heavy anylonger... though Mr Macho I'd like to be... its not something my doctors can see. And trust me, I have about 5 minutes or less, "standing-time" with my back in its current condition.

Something as every-day and very-simple as: emptying my dish washer absolutely kills my back. If I can make it through that, my back is shot for the day. I wish that were an exaggeration, but my friend, sadly it is not. One day I just won't be able to get out of bed... that will be the day the bullet meets my head :algrin:
Old 4th August 2003, 02:53 AM
Owner
Feel the need for MEAD!

Then let it be a very long time in the future, my friend.

attributed to Lazarus Long

Old 4th August 2003, 02:55 AM
<==XTRP8R

Meady beat me to the expressive statement of regard. Long live and prosper, Bro of the Tardis! That light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train bearing down on you.