Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > The Lounge > The Media Centre

Old 5th October 2009, 03:47 PM
Troll

Marilyn Manson - Monday Oct 5 2009 - Challenge Stadium Perth Western Australia

Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world... when someone comes to town you kinda feel you have to say thanks for making the effort and go see them. With that attitude and having been begged by a friend to accompany them some months ago I attended the self appointed new prince of darkness's return to our shores.

The musicians in the band are absolutely awesome. It seems a shame that the hype and controversy surrounding Mr Manson overshadow what really is a tight, professional talented metal band (yes, metal). I was left wondering how great they could be given different circumstances... When they were left with the stage to themselves they put out some truly great sounds.

Mr Manson himself was clearly off his nut, and appeared to have enjoyed a few too many pizzas in recent years. Nevertheless he provided an excellent show. I am not a huge fan, but I didn't feel ripped off despite the 75 minute performance being a tad short. The classic version of Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams" (which I believe Lennox should never have recorded and just given the song to Manson years later) was underdone, but that was the only low point of a (short but) amazing experience.

After the show I couldn't help thinking that it was the hype that got them there so many years ago - if they had used that then left it behind and focussed on becoming professional musicians and songwriters they may have gone down in history as a great band, instead of the cabaret act they are unfortunately destined to be remembered as...

7 out of 10.