Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > New Projects

View Poll Results: Add POGS to the Vault
Yes 15 93.75%
No 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th November 2013, 01:37 AM
[H]ard|OCP

For explanation and discussion on the Team/Alliance issue, please go here http://forums.theskynet.org/viewtopi...b27a1db9acde38
Old 12th November 2013, 12:52 AM
Grasshopper

Hey Guys,

Its great to see some interest in the project. We're well aware of the problems with the merger of the two alliance systems. I've put up a post on our forums that outlines our current plan.

http://forums.theskynet.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2778

Cheers
Alex
www.theskynet.org
WebMaster
Old 12th November 2013, 05:06 PM
[H]ard|OCP

This is great news. Once the merger happens, it should simplify adding both POGS and Source Finder here instead of just one.
Old 19th November 2013, 12:37 PM
Neophyte
DPC member

That would be great news!
Old 26th November 2013, 10:41 PM
Owner

Any further news on the merge of stats/users?

Team Ninja Forever : Once a Ninja, always a Ninja - Team Ninja

"I'm a SAS NINJA"

Drafted to the SAS
Dump of the month in Folding@Home   Stomp of the month in Folding@Home  
Old 1st December 2013, 07:39 PM
[H]ard|OCP

According to this forum post, they haven't merged them yet. However, the teams will get merged in time. I believe they are giving team captains time to get ahold of members to get them to join the POGS team if they haven't already. This will make the transition much easier. Otherwise, some people may be left in limbo.

http://forums.theskynet.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2778
Old 3rd December 2013, 06:33 PM
[H]ard|OCP

FYI: There was an update on the link I posted above indicating that they got the teams merged. I can see from my account that my team got all moved over as well and the (POGS) at the end of our team name has been removed.

Edit: I think they are leaving the points export separate so that sites like BOINCStats can just track the BOINC side of things. You may have to have two separate listings, just focus on one of the two sub projects, or possibly just get the numbers from their main site that merges the points together. I honestly haven't kept up on the stats export side of things. I personally would like the entire project included if possible.

Last edited by Coleslaw; 3rd December 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 22nd December 2013, 08:59 AM
Team Norway

I have only done the Boinc side of the project (POGS), but is seems to me as all of my work is automatically included in to TheSkyNet site. I could even log in with my boinc user account. So it seems like they are well merged. The stats on the TheSkyNet site shows only one leaderboard containing stats from both boinc and SourceFinder. It is this stats that should be used by DC-Vault.
The boinc project shows only the boinc side.
Old 26th March 2014, 12:52 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Source Finder is coming to BOINC

I guess this fixes the issue of having split points/clients.

Quote:
Dear

Thank you for your continued support of theSkyNet and our project SourceFinder. You are receiving this email because you've processed data for theSkyNet SourceFinder in the past 7 days. This announcement will soon be uploaded to theSkyNet website, but we wanted to contact you first to let you know personally.

Due to continuing issues with Java and the great feedback we’ve been getting for theSkyNet POGS (on BOINC) we've been planning on shifting SourceFinder over to BOINC some time later this year. We had planned for a smooth transition but unfortunately a technical issue has brought SourceFinder processing to a sudden and unexpected halt.

After much discussion here between theSkyNet team we've decided to close down SourceFinder today instead of fixing this issue. We think it's not a good use of resources to concentrate our development work on fixing SourceFinder given the ongoing issues with Java. Instead, we're going to spend that time and effort bringing SourceFinder to BOINC faster than originally planned.

This obviously means there will be a gap in availability for SourceFinder processing but theSkyNet POGS will continue processing (as it has been) with no change. So for those members not already processing data for theSkyNet POGS, take a look and get involved if you’d like.

These technical issues have not affected the results or data gathered so far through SourceFinder, and we will be able to pick up where we left off with BOINC sometime later this year. We'll let you know timeframes as soon as we have them. These issues have also not affected credits or your stats on theSkyNet - if that doesn't appear to be the case for you, please contact us ASAP and we will help you as fast as we can.

Thank you so much for your support of theSkyNet SourceFinder. As our original project it holds a special place in our hearts and we're looking forward to reigniting it as soon as we can. You'll soon find a special trophy in your trophy cabinet to thank you for your support.

For your interest, theSkyNet SourceFinder has been running for a total of 925 days, and in that time 6,387 volunteers using 355,967 clients have donated 39,618,920 computing hours to process a grand total of 319,948,440 MB of data. That was all you – thank you for your contributions!

We also have a few prize packs to send out, and we’ll do a random drawing of everyone that’s helped process on theSkyNet SourceFinder since the start and let you know the winners on theSkyNet website soon.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, and as always we're so appreciative of everyone that is part of theSkyNet and processes data for any of our projects.

Please feel free to contact us with questions.

TheSkyNet Team
Old 27th March 2014, 12:48 PM
[H]ard|OCP

additional follow up

I emailed Alex back for additional feedback. Here was his responses:

Quote:
Hey,

The original code for the SourceFinder has no JAVA dependencies so once ported it should just run normally in BOINC no need to worry about silly JAVA installs and version

As to the server setup, i'm not sure which path we'll take. There are Pro's and Con's both with keeping a single BOINC server and with having multiple ones.

Your credits will always be safe. SourceFinder will stay at theSkyNet.org, again nothing is set in stone yet but i believe the new SourceFinder will be known as SourceFinder2 and will start again with new credits.

Alex
Old 20th April 2017, 02:34 AM
Ninja Recruit

SourceFinder (Duchamp) moved from Beta to Production on 4/19 with notice released in project news.