Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > New Projects

Old 1st March 2016, 05:01 PM
[H]ard|OCP

VGTU

Quote:
About VGTU project@Home

The aim of this project is to provide a powerful distributed computing platform for scientists of Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) as well as others Lithuanian academic institutions. The project is being run by a group of scientists from VGTU Our goal is to persuade scientists to use this kind of computations in their research and to assist them in preparing BOINC applications. We hope that scientific applications from various fields will be attractive to many current and future BOINC community volunteers and this will allow us to accumulate enough computing resources to achieve significant (unachievable otherwise) results.
http://boinc.vgtu.lt/vtuathome/

Also via a PM from the admin

Quote:
Yes, work generator periodically checks the queue and keeps the number of available work units at 50.

You have our permission to add our project to your challenge.

Best regards.
As always, please post your experiences, thoughts for and/or against adding this project in this thread. We have not yet stress tested the project and may do a BOINCStats challenge in the near future. We encourage everyone to do their own testing and post their results for others to consider. The admins have not decided on the project yet but are currently taking a look.

Last edited by Coleslaw; 1st March 2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10th March 2016, 03:29 AM
ARS Technica

I wish I had more to say than "I saw, I took a trigggl and I split". That was earlier this year. I don't remember anything particularly memorable good or bad about it which probably means it was fine.

Sorry I am not of more help but nobody else is talking.
Old 10th March 2016, 09:20 PM
[H]ard|OCP

True. Something is better than nothing. This is one of those... you have notice to test before it is added moments. Time for teams that complain to put up or shut up IMO.
Old 20th March 2016, 02:32 PM
[H]ard|OCP

A stress test challenge has been created for 4/1-4/8. We encourage everyone to join in so that we can see if this CPU only project can handle the load of multiple teams participating in a challenge. The challenge link is here: http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/774
Old 28th March 2016, 12:46 AM
[H]ard|OCP

Only a few more days before the challenge begins. Please have your team captains join your team at BOINCStats. If you are not able, please run the project anyways as we need to put as much pressure on the servers as we can.
Old 30th March 2016, 10:51 AM
Dutch Power Cows

What worries me is that the project has been "dead" from july 2013 through december 2015, according to boincstats credit history. Will it prove to be an active project from now on?

Anyway, let's wait and see what the result of the challenge will be.
Old 30th March 2016, 03:54 PM
[H]ard|OCP

It was dead. And they have a new application now as well. They had been developing a GPU app back when it went "dead" but now they have to get some results/papers going with this app before looking into GPU again. This is of course coming from the admin. I don't however have a full explanation of what was going on during the 2 year silence.
Old 4th April 2016, 06:42 PM
[H]ard|OCP

We are half way through the stress test challenge. So far, everything is looking good. There is still time for others to join in. The more load it has, the better the test. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 4th April 2016, 11:50 PM
Neophyte
MODist Free-DC

Added another 134 threads today. No issues so far.
Old 6th April 2016, 12:04 AM
[H]ard|OCP

We also got the admin to increase the work unit creation from 50 available tasks to 200. This may still need adjusting. If anyone notice their rigs going "hungry" or trying to pull work too often because of lack of work units being sent. Please report so that we can get it adjusted while we still have users testing.
Old 6th April 2016, 12:07 AM
[H]ard|OCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMA View Post
Added another 134 threads today. No issues so far.
Egads man! Do you have a private nuclear power plant? You are killing it!
Old 6th April 2016, 03:34 AM
Neophyte
MODist Free-DC

Thanks, I used to operate a nuclear plant. The government wont let me build my own.
Old 7th April 2016, 01:58 AM
[H]ard|OCP

We are now on the last day of the challenge. The only issue that needed addressed (and was) was the number of work units created and stored in the bucket at any given time. The admin bumped it from 50 to 200 which seems to have helped a bunch. No other issues have been brought up yet. If anyone else has anything to add, please do.
Old 8th April 2016, 12:57 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Test went well. A big thank you to all that participated.
Old 14th April 2016, 01:22 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Rusty has added the project to the list