Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > New Projects

Old 22nd June 2017, 11:57 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Looks like the old backup they are using was from January or somewhere close to it. Not good for crunchers at all.
Old 23rd June 2017, 06:23 AM
Dutch Power Cows

Sad, the project has lost a lot of data I guess. On the vault subject, several teams have lost millions of points due to the project negligence. Not having a decent backup, sjees....If they do not care, why should we? If they cannot recover the points (which is what dc-vault is all about) to a recent point in time, I say pull it from the vault to never let it back in again. It's simply not fair competition this way.
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:27 AM
Ars Technica

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiK-oz View Post
Sad, the project has lost a lot of data I guess. On the vault subject, several teams have lost millions of points due to the project negligence. Not having a decent backup, sjees....If they do not care, why should we? If they cannot recover the points (which is what dc-vault is all about) to a recent point in time, I say pull it from the vault to never let it back in again. It's simply not fair competition this way.
Seconded
Old 23rd June 2017, 04:28 PM
Neophyte

Quote:
+1
Old 23rd June 2017, 06:35 PM
Ninja Jotohei
Dutch Power Cows

The DPC vote is already in, but I agree.
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:15 PM
Ninja Jotohei

DENIS and Team Worldwide TechService

Well as the Team captain since all our production came after the old BU date all of our accounts plus production appear to have disappeared.

Since my account on the Project is gone I can't even post a message board comment or question

Bill F
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:54 PM
[H]ard|OCP

I would hang tight...

Quote:
Dear all,
I give you some more information to try to clarify some issues regarding this problem.
All the results of the simulations are safe. Every hour they are uploaded to Google Drive. Only the workunits of the last three days could be lost.
Your statistics are stored each day in an xml file. We'll be able to solve the problem with your credit but we need time to develop a script to do it.
We have an script to do backup every day and to store it in two different servers. I don't know yet why it has not been working. I have to find out. In parallel, I'm talking with the IT department to improve the backup system.
I fully understand everything you are saying and how you feel. Please also understand my surprise when I discovered that things that would have to be doing well were not working. I ask again patience. Give it for sure that I will do everything in my hand to try to fix it.

Best regards,
Jesús
Let them "fix" as much as they can and then address it. If you really feel the need...create a new account but don't make it the same email that way if they do recover your old account you can continue where you left off. However, I would only use the new account for posting in the forums... Just my $.02
Old 24th June 2017, 06:15 AM
Ars Technica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Well as the Team captain since all our production came after the old BU date all of our accounts plus production appear to have disappeared.

Since my account on the Project is gone I can't even post a message board comment or question

Bill F
Join the club. My account is also gone and of course many hours of completed work is sitting unable to report. Also multiply this by many others on our team.
Old 24th June 2017, 11:04 AM
Dutch Power Cows

My account was created before their "backup" and thus still exists, with a bunch of points deducted. They can probably fix that based on stats exports etc. But a bunch of my teammates, all relatively new and some with large contribution, are all gone. Apart from the fact that those accounts will be much harder to recover (if at all) those teammembers are "not amused" as they still had hundreds of jobs waiting to be returned. Some of them got so fed up they may never return to Denis, or even quit DC completely

For me, Denis is out forever. Or a 10 year ban from vault or so
Old 28th June 2017, 08:49 PM
Ars Technica

Quote:
My account was created before their "backup" and thus still exists, with a bunch of points deducted. They can probably fix that based on stats exports etc. But a bunch of my teammates, all relatively new and some with large contribution, are all gone. Apart from the fact that those accounts will be much harder to recover (if at all) those teammembers are "not amused" as they still had hundreds of jobs waiting to be returned. Some of them got so fed up they may never return to Denis, or even quit DC completely

For me, Denis is out forever. Or a 10 year ban from vault or so
Seconded again. You were lucky that your account was created before their backup.
Old 30th June 2017, 09:49 PM
Ninja Jotohei

Denis@home

Well on one Forum one of the volunteers for DENIS said that they were looking into trying to find email addresses for accounts that were dropped and not part of the BU. The implied idea was to facilitate account recovery. So far I have not been contacted by anyone and all of the work units completed on multiple systems have aged out now. Person and Team accounts still not recovered.

Bill F
Team Worldwide TechServices
Old 19th August 2017, 08:21 PM
Ninja Jotohei

Sill no DENIS updates or work

Well it has been 6 weeks and there have been no meaningful ADMIN updates on DENIS regarding status or work or problem resolution. While the Project was looking good it is now not looking good at all.

I have deleted them from by systems pending some magical life after death recovery.

Bill F
Team Worldwide TechServices

Last edited by Bill; 19th August 2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 5th October 2017, 04:33 AM
Ninja Jotohei

Will need crystal ball and lots of time

Admin did a new posting. He is now alone and admits to being over committed. Has an App issue and still has to resolve the last of the Database problems that took the project down when they lost a drive.
Stated that the Project is important to him and is planning on resolving the issues at some point but is asking for the volunteers to hang loose until he can dig him self out.

Bill F
Dallas TX