Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > DC Vault Problems and Suggestions

Old 6th February 2015, 07:13 AM
Owner

More info needed please.
How?

Team Ninja Forever : Once a Ninja, always a Ninja - Team Ninja

"I'm a SAS NINJA"

Drafted to the SAS
Dump of the week in Folding@Home   Dump of the month in Folding@Home   Stomp of the week in Folding@Home   Stomp of the month in Folding@Home  
Old 6th February 2015, 09:30 AM
Dutch Power Cows

Well, could be just a hiccup in stats processing which could be OK today without intervention.

EDIT : Apparently not, OGR-28 stats are still screwing things up. Source stats at OGR-28 itself seem to be OK.

Last edited by DigiK-oz; 6th February 2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 6th February 2015, 11:37 AM
OcUK - Overclockers UK

My team OcUK and many others are incorrectly showing as having no team for OGR-28 in the DC Vault stats. There are currently 335 teams with points on OGR-28 which should mean 29.85 pts per position, it's currently 244 pts per position for the few teams that are credited with a position, so something is very wrong somewhere.
Old 6th February 2015, 12:58 PM
[H]ard|OCP

I can contest. My team is not showing any points for OGR-28 and we have been bumped from 4th place down to 13th because of it.
Old 6th February 2015, 09:12 PM
Owner

Dutch Power cows - OGR says #7, Vault says #7?
[H]ard|OCP - Your Vault name is [H]ardOCP, the team name is HardOCP. If the project name doesn't exactly match the Vault name, it will not automatically add it. Lucky for you a team member has requested it manually and I have fixed it

(EDIT)
OcUK - Overclockers UK -Your team is added
Old 6th February 2015, 10:04 PM
OcUK - Overclockers UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
I can contest. My team is not showing any points for OGR-28 and we have been bumped from 4th place down to 13th because of it.
You shouldn't have fallen that far even without OGR-28, It looks like your points from the different categories aren't adding up correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Dutch Power cows - OGR says #7, Vault says #7?
[H]ard|OCP - Your Vault name is [H]ardOCP, the team name is HardOCP. If the project name doesn't exactly match the Vault name, it will not automatically add it. Lucky for you a team member has requested it manually and I have fixed it

(EDIT)
OcUK - Overclockers UK -Your team is added
There's just a number for out team name now, and still no points.

But there is still a lot more wrong, according to these stats there are 335 teams so DPC in 7th should have 9,820 pts not the 8,563 that they are showing, their current score would indicate that there are only 40 odd teams on the project.
Old 7th February 2015, 12:51 AM
Owner

If the VAULT name = RedRabbits and the team created in the PROJECT is named Red-Rabbits(not the dash in between the Red and Rabbits), the Vault will not add it to the Vault RedRabbits team.

Lets take a real Vault team "Ars Technica"(For example, and it's the best)
There Vault name is Ars Technica -> http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=34
  • Asteroids@home - the project team is called "Ars Technica" = The added this project automatically as it 'matched' the Vault entry
  • OGR-28 - the project team is called "Ars Technica Team Beef Roast" = Not a match, Vault did not add it automatically

Now... The Vault only updates twice a day, to reduce the pressure on projects.

So the 'numbers' next to the OGR-28 project is your team's number and I have manually added it after the last stats run and before the next.

With regards to the points vs number of teams.
I have noted the amount of teams in the DNETC link you supplied, however only 47 of those teams have had their project team added to the Vault entry. With may explain the incorrect point. I dont' know. Try it and find out.

Edit: Sorry click wrong button

So the math would be
Project score = 10000 - ((Position - 1) * (10000 / Total number of teams in the project))
10000 - (7-1) * (10000/47) - 8723.404255
Give or take a few yea? Depends if I counted the amount of team entered into the vault.
Old 7th February 2015, 01:00 AM
[H]ard|OCP

Rusty, I was the one that added it in case of the error. However, I'm still not seeing our points there. Even in 99th place we should still have Vault points but it is showing as zero.
Old 7th February 2015, 09:48 AM
OcUK - Overclockers UK

Well my team has now dropped 49 places.

Totting up all the points from the different categories we should have 255,582 vault points, but we have instead 188,997 and like I said before I know that [H]'s don't add up correctly either, I can only guess that manually adding us has messed things up.

Current vault points awarded for OGR indicates that there are exactly 41 teams in the project.

EDIT: A team mate has come up with the reason why the massive points drop. The vault is currently only recognising 41 teams for OGR-28 and because we are in position 315 we have now have a negative score for OGR.

Last edited by jondi_hanluc; 7th February 2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 8th February 2015, 01:31 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Looks like [H]'s score is adjusted now. Thanks Rusty.
Old 9th February 2015, 06:04 AM
Dutch Power Cows

There are still problems....only 51 teams are recognized in the vault scoring for OGR-28. The lowest one is OcUk listed at #51, while their position at OGR is somewhere around #275. So it seems a lot of teams are missing from vault statistics.

EDIT: Things are improving (sort of) we now have 69 teams in the vault for OGR-28. So something is still broken

Last edited by DigiK-oz; 9th February 2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 9th February 2015, 05:04 PM
OcUK - Overclockers UK

The points per position (29.76) is for 336 teams which is correct, my team (ocuk) is also ranked correctly with the correct amount of vault points. I see also 69 teams with points but of course not all teams with credit on OGR are listed on the vault.
Old 10th February 2015, 05:38 AM
Owner

Nothing is broken. I am manually adding everything.