Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > Project Removal

Old 16th November 2015, 06:08 AM
[H]ard|OCP

Primaboinca and invite codes

I wanted to make it more public now that the admins are in discussion on how to properly handle projects that use invitation codes. Some projects post the codes on their pages for anyone to use. Some will supply a code if you contact them and ask. Others are really tough to come by. So far, the admins have agreed that if a project has it openly listed that it isn't much of an issue. Some of the projects have resorted to using the invitation code as a way to deter spam accounts from being generated in mass. However, this brings me to my next point.

Primaboinca has gone to using invitation codes to create new accounts. They have a Contact Us link on their home page where you can attempt to get in touch with them. However, when I tested this method, I have yet to get a reply from anyone and it has now been over 3 weeks. I have posted in their open forum here: http://www.primaboinca.com/forum_thr...p?id=1201#1739 in attempt to get a better method provided. However, if they do not figure something out soon, the project may be considered as being in vioalation of one of the requirements for inclusion.
Quote:
accept new members and teams immediately upon registration
If anyone has thoughts on this matter, please post in this thread.
Old 17th November 2015, 02:16 AM
Owner

Personally, if the project is open(i.e: posts on website) or is reasonably quick to issue a invite code, then it can be added.

We all know what these looser Spammers are like and I applaud the projects for doing something to restrict these douch bags.

Anyways, it's open to a good chat.

Team Ninja Forever : Once a Ninja, always a Ninja - Team Ninja

"I'm a SAS NINJA"

Drafted to the SAS
Dump of the day in Folding@Home   Dump of the week in Folding@Home   Dump of the month in Folding@Home  
Old 17th November 2015, 07:56 AM
Ninja Jotohei
Dutch Power Cows

This year DPC had their annual stampede on this project.
People were sent invites by PM (internal forum messages).
And since I was already registered I dunno the invite.
Their reason is SPAM on their forum and such.

It may also be a BS project, a topic the DC-Vault doesn't want to address though.
Edit: Probable reason for SPAM (I dunno)

Last edited by iconized; 17th November 2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 17th November 2015, 01:31 PM
[H]ard|OCP

iconized, I had an account from before the invite codes as well. My concern is that I do not have a RAC at the project as I am currently crunching elsewhere. So, PM's do not function for me. That leaves me posting in their open forum which does not get a lot of replies from the admin. The reason it is a concern with this project is that we have removed another project in the past (PSP) for not creating accounts in a reasonable time frame. So, if users are unable to create their account at this project within reason, it only fits that it is held to the same standard. Don't get me wrong. Pulling the project only hurts my team. One of my team's members has over 130 Million points on his own there. However, I believe very much in consistency and fair play.

Now the reason the invite codes are up for debate is because of the reason mentioned above. Our rules state: accept new members and teams immediately upon registration However, invitation codes prevent this from happening unless:
A: the code is openly listed somewhere (a few projects do this)
B: The admin staff is quick to respond.

I support combating SPAM but there needs to be a reasonable system for new users to join. Remember this is an ongoing challenge and sometimes you don't have days/weeks/months to wait around for a PM, message board post, or an email in order to rally your team to fend off another team. When we added Primaboinca to the DC-Vault, the invitation code was not required.
Old 18th November 2015, 09:31 AM
Ninja Jotohei
Dutch Power Cows

Ah well it is pretty easy, the project is no longer viable for inclusion.
Unless they change the way people can get registered.
Old 29th November 2015, 02:02 AM
[H]ard|OCP

I still have not received a response from an admin. I did send yet another email using the address linked on the front page. This makes 2 emails and an open request in their forums that have gone unheeded. As much as I hate to say it, but it looks like the project has remained non-compliant. Any final words from the public?
Old 29th November 2015, 02:58 PM
Dutch Power Cows

I think it is very simple. There are rules for projects to be in the vault. Projects that do not meet the requirements, even after being asked multiple time, should not be in the vault. It IS a shame, yes. But why have rules at all if they are not enforced? The project has had ample opportunity to change their registration policy, and decided not to. Out they go, maybe they'll be back in the future if they meet requirements.
Old 14th December 2015, 01:22 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Primaboinca has been pulled. If/when they resolve the invitation code issue, it will be considered for inclusion again.