Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > New Projects

Old 3rd April 2009, 08:32 PM
I only nibble now
General Obvious

Ibercivis

I do not see a thread for this project. There is work for this project and many sub-projects. It is based out of Spain and works with universities in Spain.

Here is a link to the main site: http://registro.ibercivis.es/

Ni
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:42 PM
Owner

Well it satisfies the inclusion criteria, so if people can check it out we will contact the project administrators and see if they are happy for us to include it
Old 4th April 2009, 12:33 AM
Grasshopper

I have tried running this project, the wu's would only run in "high priority."
Only the main page is available in English, the rest of the site is in Spanish. I had to get my wife to interpret so that I could navigate my account and create a team.

Maybe someone that speaks Spanish could give an explanation of what the project goal is/ what they are currently working on.
Old 4th April 2009, 01:45 AM
Owner

I was going to ask.. If anyone knows Spanish, can you see on the board if they have an english translated version

Team Ninja Forever : Once a Ninja, always a Ninja - Team Ninja

"I'm a SAS NINJA"

Drafted to the SAS
Old 4th April 2009, 03:27 AM
Crunchers Inc

Here is a translator...

http://translator.live.com/Default.aspx?ref=IE8Activity

Old 29th July 2009, 05:41 PM
[H]ard DC Commando

Since this project was last visited, they updated their web page to be more English friendly. There might be something to discuss now that we can read the site.

Quote:
We're glad to inform you that Ibercivis has a new website at www.ibercivis.es. We have updated the design and reorganized the content to improve the join process of new participants and offer more detailed information about the platform and its scientific research.

This is only one more step in the consolidation of our citizen computation initiative. During the last months, Ibercivis has concentrated its efforts in improving its technical infrastructure and incorporating new research projects. Apart from the three initial projects (Fusion, Docking, Materials), the Superior Council of Scientific Research has added two more (Neurosim and Nanoluz [nanolight]), and other three are being worked on for future integration.

Now we start a new stage, in which we intend to maximize the interchange between volunteers. For a start, we have created the email address info@ibercivis.es. We encourage you to write there with any suggestion about our initiative. Also, we're present in Facebook through the Ibercivis profile. Any member of this social network can become a fan of the platform at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibercivis/58887831469

We want to invite you to explore these new participation posibilities, to explore the new website, and, of course, to transmit it to other people who may be interested in contributing to the progress of scientific knowledge. Adding new participants is the best way to help advance our research.
Old 30th July 2009, 03:48 PM
Ars Technica

The top computer is an old pentium 4 with a RAC of 557,098.85. Cheating is obviously a problem and with all the WU reporting features turned off there's no way to get specific information. There also doesn't seem to be a usable forum. There's something via facebook but no posts except for an introduction.

http://www.ibercivis.es/index.php?mo...=52&id_page=28
Old 30th July 2009, 11:58 PM
SeriousCrunchers

I would have a problem with this project...just from what I've seen...just my $.02 worth

Do they fulfill the inclusion rules???... I don't know yet
Old 31st July 2009, 05:11 AM
[H]ard DC Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond (Ars) View Post
The top computer is an old pentium 4 with a RAC of 557,098.85. Cheating is obviously a problem and with all the WU reporting features turned off there's no way to get specific information. There also doesn't seem to be a usable forum. There's something via facebook but no posts except for an introduction.

http://www.ibercivis.es/index.php?mo...=52&id_page=28

That user Anonymous doesn't appear on the top users or top teams list, so it could just be a bit bucket of some sort. It also doesn't list the links to the two stats sites that every other host on that list has. Either way, I'll ask and see if I get any response.

http://www.ibercivis.es/index.php?mo...=52&id_page=26
http://www.ibercivis.es/index.php?mo...=52&id_page=27
Old 31st July 2009, 08:02 AM
Ars Technica

the user is Kaboom! and the team is Kaboom!
The machine is listed as anonymous since his computers are hidden.
Both the team and the user are listed at Free-DC:

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=ibe

Hopefully they'll respond and fix the problem.
Old 26th February 2010, 06:03 PM
Grasshopper

A quick kick to resurrect this thread. I've been running it for the past couple of months with no problems, other than an occasional "maintenance" down.

I think it deserves serious consideration for inclusion, especially as it would pad out the seriously under-represented Misc section.
Old 19th March 2010, 02:26 PM
Grasshopper

I've been running it for a couple weeks now and it was running good for a bit, but then all my machines got hung up trying to upload "sanidad" WU's, but it kept failing due to some HTTP error. All other apps seem to work fine so I tried to unselect that bad app, but no luck... Ended up reseting the project and my clients seem to be ignoring that app for now.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:01 AM
Crunchers Inc

Running on and off for a few months... 6 or so... no issues when I do rotate back to it...
Old 27th February 2014, 05:50 PM
[H]ard|OCP

Take another look at adding Ibercivis

With their website now up and revised, work units seem stable and flowing, and their message boards are working, does anyone have any reason for not adding this project to the Vault. It has come a long way since it was last discussed. It is still an umbrella project that belongs under Misc.
Old 17th March 2014, 05:53 PM
[H]ard|OCP

I had sent a PM to an admin fsanz in regards to having permission to add ibercivis to the Vault in the event that we decided to do so. The reply was: Hello

No objection. Please tell me if you need some information about getting our xml files.

Regards

Francisco