Team Ninja Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Team Ninja Bulletin Board > DC Vault > DC Vault Projects

Old 24th April 2009, 09:03 AM
Ninja Recruit

Does Poland still exist?

I thought they split it up when they did Czechoslovakia.
Old 25th April 2009, 02:46 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
It has already started. We are doing a lot of brain storming, and the best idea so far is to invade Poland.

Stay tuned!
Congrats to all............. but Invading Poland ?? Thats been done already
Old 25th April 2009, 03:12 PM
I only nibble now
General Obvious

Invade Antartica. No one has done that yet.

Keeper of Rule #6, Lord of the keys to get to the keys.
Old 25th April 2009, 03:17 PM
SeriousCrunchers

we get the idea ...actually there are some serious changes in the works for DA-Vault ...some will be obvious...some won't... new projects...dropped projects ...administration principles....all are in the works ...we need your input!!!!

Rick>>> go to basecamp and spread the word that DC-Vault is open to any team involved in a DC-V approved project that would like to be included...projects upon screening!!!!I'll personally review applications!!!

Last edited by Sport; 25th April 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 25th April 2009, 06:12 PM
Ninja Gunso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit98 View Post
Invade Antartica. No one has done that yet.
As a member of Team Norway, I'll have to correct you on that!
Quote:
An expedition led by Norwegian polar explorer Roald Amundsen from the ship Fram became the first to reach the geographic South Pole on 14 December 1911
Yeah, that's about as big as a Norwegian invasion force will get!
Old 25th April 2009, 11:58 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by opyrt View Post
As a member of Team Norway, I'll have to correct you on that!

Yeah, that's about as big as a Norwegian invasion force will get!

True story - and it was a great accomplishment - Amundsen 'discovered' the pole, but Scott is best known for dieing the in attempt.............. Scott was a fool, and Amundsen wasn't .
Old 26th April 2009, 12:02 AM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post
we get the idea ...actually there are some serious changes in the works for DA-Vault ...some will be obvious...some won't... new projects...dropped projects ...administration principles....all are in the works ...we need your input!!!!

Rick>>> go to basecamp and spread the word that DC-Vault is open to any team involved in a DC-V approved project that would like to be included...projects upon screening!!!!I'll personally review applications!!!
I will, but as BC is at this moment an WGC only project, and at that hit and miss when we run it, not sure what the reaction will be...... but consider it done...............
Old 26th April 2009, 12:13 AM
SeriousCrunchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillis View Post
I will, but as BC is at this moment an WGC only project, and at that hit and miss when we run it, not sure what the reaction will be...... but consider it done...............
I thought we worked around that ...just let teams know that DC-V is open for Team and Project applications; WCG or otherwise!!...thanx my friend!!!!
Old 26th April 2009, 12:38 AM
Ninja Taii
Ni!nja Knight

Congratulations to all three of you.

Hmmm... busiest I've seen the site in ages - maybe a few new brooms will liven things up some!

Old 26th April 2009, 12:57 AM
SeriousCrunchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

Hmmm... busiest I've seen the site in ages - maybe a few new brooms will liven things up some!

thanx..don't hesitate to drop in and give us any input
Old 26th April 2009, 01:38 AM
Owner
Princess Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post

Hey!!! Gunslinger, how are things?
Old 26th April 2009, 02:18 AM
[H]ard|OCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post

If I may say so - I would tone down this kind of aggressive ambitious talk.
I have been in contact with many team heads about this comment and the consensus is quite clear - o-boy here we go.
It sound like the DC-Vault is about to lose credibility as a stable and fair reliable even pointing tracking system.
Many are quite concerned with this ambitious out of the gate attitude.
This is not what has made this statistical website relied on by so many teams as a stable benchmark.
Frankly comments like this scare the heck out of many teams. If this is your intention Sport then mission accomplished.
Not to sure how Rusty will look at this but I know from speaking to many other teams this is not being received well.
This should be your opportunity to take a deep breath and come out with a more level headed and handed statement that explains yourself, otherwise be careful that you do not do unrepairable damage to this sites great reputation.

P.S. -
Try to get the name of the DC-Vault correct when you are addressing it - you are an admin after all.
Not to rub you the wrong way, but you did ask for our input.

Last edited by Razor_FX_II; 26th April 2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 26th April 2009, 04:16 AM
SeriousCrunchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_FX_II View Post
If I may say so - I would tone down this kind of aggressive ambitious talk.
I have been in contact with many team heads about this comment and the consensus is quite clear - o-boy here we go.
It sound like the DC-Vault is about to lose credibility as a stable and fair reliable even pointing tracking system.
Many are quite concerned with this ambitious out of the gate attitude.
This is not what has made this statistical website relied on by so many teams as a stable benchmark.
Frankly comments like this scare the heck out of many teams. If this is your intention Sport then mission accomplished.
Not to sure how Rusty will look at this but I know from speaking to many other teams this is not being received well.
This should be your opportunity to take a deep breath and come out with a more level headed and handed statement that explains yourself, otherwise be careful that you do not do unrepairable damage to this sites great reputation.

P.S. -
Try to get the name of the DC-Vault correct when you are addressing it - you are an admin after all.
Not to rub you the wrong way, but you did ask for our input.

First; welcome aboard
Second; Rick is a very good personal friend of mine...we've crunched together for years , so there is no aggressive action in my request..he would do it without my asking
Third; all statements I made are valid leads to what comes from behind closed doors. The five of us work extremely well together , I just tend to be the vocal one. The community concept among the 5 of us is that the status quo isn't enough; and it's time to step up. If you aren't comfortable with that mind set then let people above me know your concerns

oh by the way ...in comfort zones I may refer to DC-Vault as da-v...or DC-v ...or Da-v ...when communicating with potential projects or teams I'll be proper

Last edited by Sport; 26th April 2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 26th April 2009, 04:22 AM
Owner

OK.. Time to chill....

Yes we are talking about possible "tweaks" to the Vault.

Nothing "major" is changing about the Vault. Just trying to streamline things a bit, narrow down the rules of inclusion and exclusion.
and some other things.

So, NOTHING, will change as to the purpose it was checked for.. Making DC just that slight bit more enjoyable.

Team Ninja Forever : Once a Ninja, always a Ninja - Team Ninja

"I'm a SAS NINJA"

Drafted to the SAS