PDA

View Full Version : Macs

MadDriver
6th March 2002, 11:45 PM
I have to get some reasons of why PC's are better than Macs to prove a kid wrong at school. I already have many, but if you want to put any input, go ahead!

gypseyman
7th March 2002, 12:07 AM
Not nearly enough ways of digging around into the guts of the system... Lack of choice on virtually every layout spec... Can't plug all sorts of wonderful things into them... Some mods don't have floppy drives (what's with THAT?)...

And Macs don't bounce as high... :D

MadDriver
7th March 2002, 12:11 AM
I totally agree. I had to help take an Mac apart today... it was HORRIBLE. Everything was so compacted, and when it was running, you could have cooked an egg on it since it was so hot. Everything on the motherboard was huge. I think it was because it was a pretty old model. But still... not old enough. Instead of fixing one, ir would have been better to take a sledgehammer to it and buy a PC!

speculative
7th March 2002, 01:49 AM
Think Windows likes to crash? Try using one of the old iMacs w/a printer and an Internet connection hooked up to it... My mom has one, and it crashes twice as much as my Win98SE machine used too.

Also... Do you want to twiddle your thumbs and stare at the screen for 5 minutes at a time, unable to do anything but just that? When I send something to print, if it's 20 pages it will take 3 minutes to load into printer memory (I think that's what it's doing, but who really knows what evil machinations are rumbling around in its innards) and then it takes like another 3 minutes to actually print. Now, on Windows, you can do other things while it's printing... NOT ON A F'IN IMAC!! GOOD F'IN GAWD WHAT CRACK WERE THEY SMOKING!!!!! :mad:

I'm sorry, but out of everything about computers that has ever annoyed me in my entire life, that is by far the most annoying thing. I'd rather have a computer I can't get to work at all then have a computer that behaves like that... http://ninjamicros.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon13.gif

MadDriver
7th March 2002, 02:10 AM
I also forgot to mention that someone brought up the "dredded blue screen" to me about windows. At least windows has that, instead of just freezing up and you not knowing what is happening!

Gibbon
7th March 2002, 03:11 AM
A PC is twice ass powerful as any mac, cos don't forget that macs only have 1 mouse button... its actually so they won't get confused :D

If a mac user ever says that they are better for multimedia then prove them wrong by pointing out the diverse range of products the pc offers for such things in contrast to the macs single solution ;)

Also mac users as a whole tend to have large beards, and smell of wee... :D

GITster
7th March 2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Gibbon
A PC is twice ass powerful as any mac, cos don't forget that macs only have 1 mouse button... its actually so they won't get confused :D

Yeah, whats with that???

I could never do without by 5 buttons and roller ball. They have to keep going from mouse to keybord, running the mouse all over the place, going into menus, pressing buttons etc. just to save a picture from the internet to a directory! :rolleyes: