PDA

View Full Version : EulerNet - (Removal 10th May 2010)

runesk
14th April 2010, 10:48 AM
Tried to start a EulerNet client today, and got this error:

Internal Error A 10054
Client error: -982 (Server error)

I've sendt an email to Jean-Charles Meyrignac <euler@free.fr> (euler@free.fr) describing this problem.

A fellow team member, tells me his client has not been able to connect to the server since 30th of Mars.

In respect to the first step in new regime for project removals, I've opened this thread.

.Runesk

runesk
14th April 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi !

Yes, I'm aware of this problem.
I sent a mail to Greg Childers, so that he restarts the server.

The problem is here since 29th of March (last update of the top page).

Just be patient a little bit more, it should be solved in one or 2 days.

Thanks for your interest !

JC

.R

Rusty
15th April 2010, 03:14 AM
Very good...

runesk
21st April 2010, 06:30 PM
1 week, and still no working EulerNet.

.R

Rusty
23rd April 2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks mate... No work at all...Hmm not good...

Rusty
26th April 2010, 06:50 AM
Any news?

runesk
26th April 2010, 08:52 PM
I got this from Jean-Charles:

No, I'm sorry but I contacted Greg and he told me he was busy.

Meanwhile, a new client has just been released for Boinc:
http://www.rechenkraft.net/<wbr>yoyo/ (http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/)

You are encouraged to use this one !
About the setting, you need to check "Run test applications?" (set it to yes).

Then remove all other projects, except Euler625.

JC

runesk
26th April 2010, 08:57 PM
Even though this "harms" my beloved Team Norway more than any other team, I say just remove it now....

.R

frmky
30th April 2010, 04:33 PM
This is my fault. The computer suffered an unknown failure, and I haven't had time to diagnose it. I'll see if I can get it limping along again, but it probably won't be completely stable for a few more weeks.

Beyond
2nd May 2010, 09:22 PM
28th of April 2010: I have both good news and bad news

The bad news is that the eulernet.org server has been impossible to reach this last month, so the clients should have an empty queue, waiting for some work.
Greg Childers, who maintains the server, is very busy, and I don't want to bother him too much, since we reached a plateau since a few months.

The good news are:

The Eulernet project reached its 11th birthday in January. It's a considerable amount of time for a distributed project.
A new distributed project about (6,2,5) has been started using the BOINC platform. The link is http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/
To join, you just have to use your BOINC account (or create a new one if you don't have one), then click on Your account, then change the yoyo@home preferences. Uncheck all projects, check Euler 625, then check "Run test applications", since the Euler625 project is still in testing... After that, install the BOINC client, and follow the instructions on the home page.

As long as the new project has not been finished, the EulerNet project will remain alive, and we'll try to collect all the reports, so that no participant will lose its credits.Not sure what the above means exactly. Does this mean that the older Eulernet client/project will be ending when the Yoyo BOINC client gets running? Can you explain in detail? Thanks much!

runesk
3rd May 2010, 09:36 PM
Not sure what the above means exactly. Does this mean that the older Eulernet client/project will be ending when the Yoyo BOINC client gets running? Can you explain in detail? Thanks much!

I have no idea..

.R

runesk
3rd May 2010, 09:37 PM
BTW, the server is still down

Rusty
4th May 2010, 02:02 AM
Well we still got 6 days to work out what they are doing...LOL

runesk
10th May 2010, 06:11 PM
10th Ma, and still no working Eulernet.

Time is up! Please insert coin!

.R

Rusty
11th May 2010, 02:48 AM
:( - done

Beyond
11th May 2010, 05:34 PM
Even though this "harms" my beloved Team Norway more than any other team, I say just remove it now....

.R
My compliments, and I'll certainly vote for you as one of the community admins :)

runesk
10th June 2010, 12:34 PM
I got an email from Alexis Kravtchenko that told me that Eulernet is back up and running. I've tested and got some work for 6,2,5.

So far, so good, but....
I got work for n < 100k, and YoYo@Home (http://www.rechenkraft.net/yoyo/all_news.php#150) has already done 6,2,5 for n < 117649.

This should disqualify Eulernet from being readded to the Vault at the moment.

.R

frmky
27th July 2010, 08:51 PM
The Yoyo@Home work has completed the old EulerNet assignments, and there are no plans to add additional work. Although the server is still up for now, EulerNet can be considered a retired project.

runesk
28th July 2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the update.

.R