PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

The Therion
1st December 2001, 11:00 PM
Went to watch it yesterday.

Although it did look like it was made mainly for young children, we didnt realize how fast 2 and a half hours passed so fast !

Nice atmosphere,visual effects,costumes,make up,music (right from the beggining it sounded like John Williams....and in fact it was),

....and i reeeally enjoyed once more this great actor Allan Rickman.This guy is great to watch.Every second of his acting is rewarding :cool:

All in all a well made film based on book for kids but easily enjoyed by many other age groups.

koston
1st December 2001, 11:34 PM
I agree it was a really good movie. It's amazing that it is so long and a kids movie.

I was amused by the fact that by the end many kids were sleeping or very distracted, while most of the "adults" were on the edge of their seats watching the movie.

hehe

RaNGeR.GaV
2nd December 2001, 09:20 PM
Yeah I just saw it yesterday .... damn cool!!! (only finished reading the books about a week ago :)

jema
2nd December 2001, 09:46 PM
Went round Lacock abbey today :) where some of it was filmed!

quite interesting, makes me want to see the film again to see which bits were done there.

jema

The Therion
3rd December 2001, 12:34 PM
to tell you the truth ,when i first saw that alley i thought it was a set! too ....graphic to be true, seemed like it was brought from another time period ! then a friend told me he had visited that alley.

...and now another :)

Longshot421
5th December 2001, 11:50 PM
Well first, in keeping with everyone else: :) I agree, fun film, mostly for kids, but enjoyable nonetheless. Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid, brilliant as always. Any thoughts on what to expect from Lord of The Rings?

:xread:

Cheers!

Gibbon
6th December 2001, 12:05 AM
I'm scared about L.O.R. like when Episode 1 was coming out... and see what happened then, Jar-Jar Binks! lol :D

Gibbon

The Therion
6th December 2001, 12:25 AM
i'm a little worried about LOTR too,but somehow i think it will be beter than Episode 2.....

jema
6th December 2001, 05:49 AM
LOTR is so embedded in my imagination, having read the books more times that I can remember, I'm bound to squirm at some of it :(

In the animated version, Aragorn and Gollum were totally awful IMHO :(

Still I have high hopes that they are doing their best and will be in to see it ASAP when it comes out :)

jema

Longshot421
6th December 2001, 02:26 PM
I agree, some trepidation due to Jar Jar phobia, but everything I have seen looks so brilliant :D Go to www.lordoftherings.net and check out some of the wallpapers and stuff. Like the Nazgul. Wow. I'm sure there will be parts where I cringe, but as long as no one says "Meesa Jar Jar Baggins," I think I'll be OK. There are two film versions of LOTR, one is just terrible and the other is surreal, but interesting, but Gandalf shows up with his army and the film ends! I haven't seen them in ages, but I hoping it even lives up to 1/10 of my enjoyment of the book(s). The look for the LOTR first person shooter to play on my new machine...;)

Baptizer
6th December 2001, 05:58 PM
Harry Potter......more like Harry Popper...blah. That Rings movie looks good though.........i havnt seen special effects that good since the Michael Jackson 'Moonwalker' movie(ya know, the one he turns into that gigantic robot and saves those little kids!?!?!)http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/06/105806.jpg

That reminds me, THE best game of all time was Moonwalker for sega Genesis, hands down! http://www.lamespy.com/images/content/moon2.jpg