PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku

Yankton
3rd May 2009, 11:21 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen (and wabbits),

Sudoku hasn't updated in a few days and their website seems unreachable. Does anyone have any inside (or left side) information on what is going on over there?

:help:

*It is my luck that after it's been down for a few days, I make this post and suddenly the site is back up. Still can't connect with boinc though. I need a PGGB!*

KAMCOBILL
5th May 2009, 11:28 PM
No problem connecting with BM on this end. Stats updated 5 May http://dist2.ist.tugraz.at/sudoku/stats/

Rusty
6th May 2009, 12:15 AM
It is contactable but

Results ready to send 0
Results in progress 2,966
Workunits waiting for validation 0
Workunits waiting for assimilation 0
Workunits waiting for deletion 0
Results waiting for deletion 0
Transitioner backlog (hours) 0

Yankton
6th May 2009, 12:35 AM
As per their forum, it's been out of work for quite some time. Apparently the next stage would take years so they are debating whether or not they want to proceed and if so - how.

Ars-outlnder
6th May 2009, 04:22 AM
Maybe there should be a stated down time limit. 60 days seems like a reasonable time to be down before action should be taken. Perhaps a warning after 30 days?

Yankton
6th May 2009, 05:26 AM
I agree. One of the things we've been jabbering about.

KAMCOBILL
7th May 2009, 03:41 AM
I'm confused. They don't seems to be down, I have WUs

Yankton
7th May 2009, 05:03 AM
The page shows some still in progress but most of us haven't gotten any work out of the project in a the last few months. Maybe you've managed to snag a few recycled units that were abandoned?

Razor_FX_II
7th May 2009, 12:09 PM
I havn't been able to get works for 2 months now not for the lack of trying.

opyrt
11th May 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm confused. They don't seems to be down, I have WUs

According to the admin, there are only two wus left in this run, and they are gigantic by some unknown reason. Because of the size, these are being run at the admins computer.

If my memory serves me right (I have no way to check this as their site is currently down), those two wu's will be the last of the batch that lets us know if there are any solvable sudoku boards with 13 given numbers and only one solution.

The next stage will find out if there are any solvable sudoku boards with 14 given numbers and only one solution.

However, the insane increase in work this change brings has made the admin consider if the problem is best left alone for a few years until either computers are alot faster or someone is able to create a better way to attack this problem.

Unless anyone of you have some really good reason to keep this project in the Vault, I say we deactivate it and then welcome it with open arms when it starts moving again (hopefully it will).

Sport
11th May 2009, 10:56 PM
According to the admin, there are only two wus left in this run, and they are gigantic by some unknown reason. Because of the size, these are being run at the admins computer.

If my memory serves me right (I have no way to check this as their site is currently down), those two wu's will be the last of the batch that lets us know if there are any solvable sudoku boards with 13 given numbers and only one solution.

The next stage will find out if there are any solvable sudoku boards with 14 given numbers and only one solution.

However, the insane increase in work this change brings has made the admin consider if the problem is best left alone for a few years until either computers are alot faster or someone is able to create a better way to attack this problem.

Unless anyone of you have some really good reason to keep this project in the Vault, I say we deactivate it and then welcome it with open arms when it starts moving again (hopefully it will).

Agreed:thumb:

Ars-outlnder
12th May 2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds fair to me.

Razor_FX_II
12th May 2009, 01:36 PM
I agree with the suggested course of action.

cswchan
12th May 2009, 03:24 PM
Agreed... another shift in team positions...

:p

opyrt
19th May 2009, 08:55 PM
Sudoku is now deactivated. :tear:

Please let us know if it starts moving again!