PDA

View Full Version : Riesel Sieve Project -All 3

KAMCOBILL
31st July 2008, 08:18 PM
Sad as it may be it looks like the 3 Riesel Sieve Projects should be removed. It's about a month since there has been any work or anything heard on the server change that was suspose to happen. looks like they bit the dust.

Nekto
31st July 2008, 08:42 PM
+1

Rusty
1st August 2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah I have contacted them and nothing back yet

KAMCOBILL
1st August 2008, 10:59 PM
Hehe. Looks like an Update, may be running Monday or so?

Xaverius
8th August 2008, 10:51 AM
Riesel Sieve - BOINC is still down...

umccullough
8th August 2008, 07:09 PM
I think while idling in the IRC channel - it seems they've almost got everything up

Jeff Gu
5th September 2008, 10:26 PM
I figured they probably pawned the BOINC server down at Big Al's Jewelry and Pawn Shop to get some more beer and Nacho Cheese Doritos...

Maybe we should ask TruTV to do an episode of The Investigators about the demise of Reisel Sieve?

KAMCOBILL
7th September 2008, 02:13 AM
Hehe. It bit the dust. MoneyBee is still giving out work so trade these 3 for it.

Xaverius
7th September 2008, 01:19 PM
Sad as it may be it looks like the 3 Riesel Sieve Projects should be removed. It's about a month since there has been any work or anything heard on the server change that was suspose to happen. looks like they bit the dust.Hehe. Looks like an Update, may be running Monday or so?I think while idling in the IRC channel - it seems they've almost got everything up So what's up with these projects? It's been a while now that they're not running and the first post of removing them from the vault is from 31st of july.

Are these three projects doing the same work but with different clients? This because the logo on the DC-vault is displaying the same formula (k2ⁿ-1)

StoneGnome
7th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Are these three projects doing the same work but with different clients? This because the logo on the DC-vault is displaying the same formula (k2ⁿ-1)

Yep they all do the same work using Boinc, LLR or manual clients.

The Admins have had problems, some outside there control, but they're assuring us that the project will be coming back on line soon.

http://dc.rieselsieve.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=10

Rusty
8th September 2008, 02:30 AM
Thank good ness.. I was hoping they weren't dead

Cow_tipping
8th September 2008, 08:26 AM
And I was hoping they were....
That manual sieving is a pain in the $%^ and should be forbidden for any dc client.

Xaverius
5th October 2008, 08:14 PM
Yep they all do the same work using Boinc, LLR or manual clients.

The Admins have had problems, some outside there control, but they're assuring us that the project will be coming back on line soon.

http://dc.rieselsieve.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=10
And now we're again one month further and the websites are still down...
What strikes odd to me is the reason why rieselsieve has three projects doing the same work but with different clients, why not combine the statistics?

My opinion is still to (temporarily) remove the projects from the vault for this reason

Project eligibility is governed by the following guidelines:
The project must:

be active
accept new members and teams immediately upon registration
have parsable team stats
have team stats that are updated regularly
provide a client program which runs on a local PC

Why projects remain in the vault when they are longtime down is strange to me, maybe russkris can give us a reason?