PDA

View Full Version : lian li cases

wombat
6th August 2004, 10:52 AM
Has any one got a Lian Li case. I am just wondering on the quality and finish of them, are they worth the money. I am looking at the pc60 to go on top of a light speed. :)

Fireblade
6th August 2004, 12:08 PM
I've got 4 of em Wombat :eek: :D 2x Lian-Li PC70's ('Fire + Ice')... a PC71 (black version of the PC70) and a PC61 (black version of the PC60)... and I know BigBen has a PC70 as well!

It's all down t' personal preference of course... but (as if you couldn't've guessed already :p) I personally like the brushed aluminium look of Lian-Li's. And they're absolutely top quality :nod: Removale panels... no sharp edges t' cut yerself on, and there's plenty of room in the bigger models - which don't have the benefit a removable mobo tray like the midi tower versions (PC60/61),

Get it m8... you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

BigBen
6th August 2004, 01:38 PM
Ditto :D

Regards

Meadmaker
6th August 2004, 01:42 PM
Is it only me that thinks "Lian Li" sounds like a James Bond villain? :lol:

(Finding an excuse to post in here - don't very often. :p )

wombat
6th August 2004, 02:54 PM
No morer like the bond girl to me dont know why. :D

Thanks guys they sound great, only asked as they have the reputation of being cheap coolermaster cases.The orders in for the small version as it will be sitting on top of something. :D

Tweety
6th August 2004, 03:03 PM
Get one indeed...:) they are very nicely manufactured... one of very few cases where you actually have too look for a place possible to cut yourself...:D

Also, big or small, removable tray or not they have actually considered how you are going to get things in and out of the case when making it...:D

Fireblade
6th August 2004, 09:09 PM
... only asked as they have the reputation of being cheap coolermaster casesWhere'd ye hear that Wombat :jawdrop: Lemme at 'em :mad:

:D

And besides... have ye seen the state o' some o' Coolermaster's latest offerings :eek: F'ugly or what!

The days of their style in case design appears to have been and gone? The last good lookin' case they released IMO is the one Chelle just bought... the Wavemaster (the only Coolermaster case I've actually considered buying meself). Ye can keep the rest :rolleyes:

BigBen
6th August 2004, 09:26 PM
Coolermaster wish they were Lian Li :D

Regards

wombat
6th August 2004, 09:39 PM
:lol: you know the sort of places Hexus, OCUK. I suppose I thought that they were the secon choice because when ever a discusion on alluminium cases started everone would jump in and say you want a coolermaster, but if you cant aford one the Lian Li are cheaper and quite good. :D

Fireblade
6th August 2004, 10:23 PM
... you know the sort of places Hexus, OCUK...
Well... if you ever hear/see em postin' cack like that again... point em in our direction will ya please! They'll soon be made t' see the error of their ways :cunning:

I wouldn't be shy meself... but BigBen will have 'em fer breakfast... and that's before his 3 shredded wheat :p

Chelle
6th August 2004, 10:39 PM
no sharp edges t' cut yerself onI need one of those! :D

/Chelle looks at her bruised arms and gouged thumb... battle wounds from lugging hers in and out of her car all last week :rolleyes:

My Wavemaster is pretty, but I'll tell you it's an absolute beastly thing to move around. It weighs a ton and the front is nice and rounded, but there's lots of sharp edges in back to make up for it, lol.

I've always liked Lian Li cases, they even look quality :)

BigBen
6th August 2004, 10:43 PM
I don't know if anyone else remembers but we have been at war with OCUK for years but now we are TN instead of NM it might be different :D ..... It was normally our members getting banned because they complained loudly over faulty products they bought or that the sales service sucked :D ... but then again it could easily have been the SETI crew in those days causing trouble :D de ja vu lmao

Regards

Chelle
6th August 2004, 10:47 PM
Heck, if that were the case I'd have had to ban myself 10x over for all the bitching about AMD I've been doing the last 2 weeks :p

Sue me, I say! :rolling:

BigBen
6th August 2004, 10:53 PM
OCUK were so easily upset hahahahahha they used to come here and post to carry on the argument :D .... ah "those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. "

Regards

wombat
6th August 2004, 10:57 PM
I got banned for a bit recently because I mentioned Hexus. How was I ment to know they had a bustup I hadnt been their for a while. :)

Fireblade
6th August 2004, 10:59 PM
OcUK is one place I steer well clear of m8... both for gear and their forums!

I've heard/read of far too many sob stories (see their Romulus Feedback (http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/company.php?35)) about wrong/faulty gear being sent, and even incomplete orders. But try and get problems sorted out? Hah!!

As for their forums. They're run by guys whose title of 'DON' seems entirely appropriate :rolleyes:

Nah... they're best left well alone IMO :nod:

wombat
6th August 2004, 11:05 PM
Hehe know what you mean I prefer to use tekheads I seem to get on ok with them.

BigBen
6th August 2004, 11:06 PM
funny thing is I never had any probs with em lol .... I think it was Gibbo who was all piss and wind abut it made me laugh how sensitive he could be hahahahaha

Regards

BigBen
6th August 2004, 11:13 PM
Hehe know what you mean I prefer to use tech heads I seem to get on ok with them.
Yeah Tekheads are fine, used to have good forums ... Its a shame The overclocking store vanished into the ether :(

Regards

wombat
11th August 2004, 05:43 PM
BigBen Started my crunching with the overclocking store, didnt the man that started tekheads used to be something to do the overclocking store.

Got the Lian Li and must say I like it a lot, fans included, fan speed switch and no screw driver needed. :D

Meadmaker
11th August 2004, 06:33 PM
:drool:

Chelle
11th August 2004, 06:48 PM
Very nice wombat! :love:

It's all bare nekkid though, you gotta fill it up now :D

wombat
11th August 2004, 07:03 PM
bare and nekkid :eek: :D

yep it will have a socket 939 and an fx what ever is out. been looking round on other forums and everyone seems to to be having a bad time with them. So I think the chipsets and bios's need too mature a bit. :D

Fireblade
11th August 2004, 09:01 PM
Great choice m8 http://team-ninja.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/sunshine.gif Beautiful cases - ain't they eh http://team-ninja.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif