PDA

View Full Version : Mouse suks!

speculative
4th March 2004, 09:03 AM
I am really ticked off at my mouse! :mad: :mad: I use it to aim in the UT2k4 demo, and basically it jumps by about 1 centimeter on the screen. I.e., I know exactly the pixel I want to aim at, and it CAN"T aim there, no matter what. It's like the screen resolution is 1024 and the mouse resolution is like 400 or something. :rolleyes: Anyone have any clues how to cure this? It's basically making me get my azz handed to me. :mad:

Meadmaker
4th March 2004, 10:33 AM
Sounds to me like you're running very old mouse drivers - Win 3.1 by the sound of it. :scratch:

Farley
4th March 2004, 12:44 PM
I get this problem once in a while on my optical when the laser has collected a hair or two. :rolleyes:

speculative
4th March 2004, 03:47 PM
I get this problem once in a while on my optical when the laser has collected a hair or two. :rolleyes:

!!! Thanks Farley, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I have a cat. That cat has hair. In my apartment, I don't breathe air, I breathe hair. :D I will have to get another can of the compressed air and clean it out frequently. Many thanks for the tip! :bow:

-spec

Farley
4th March 2004, 04:34 PM
:rolleyes:

heh. Cool Glad I could help. :D

So ya know. The can-o-air is fun to use on the cats too.. :cunning:

:lol:

Fireblade
4th March 2004, 06:10 PM
This talk of compressed air makes it sound like you're still using a 'ball' mouse o' some sort Spec' - would that be right?

You're gonna have t' get yerself an optical mouse m8 :nod: No more worries about hairs 'n' such then ;)

speculative
4th March 2004, 06:59 PM
This talk of compressed air makes it sound like you're still using a 'ball' mouse o' some sort Spec' - would that be right?

You're gonna have t' get yerself an optical mouse m8 :nod: No more worries about hairs 'n' such then ;)

Naw, have a Logitex mx700 wireless optical. But, this problem happens with my Intellimouse optical too. Perhaps it is the program? Maybe I should install the old UT 99 and see if I get the same results...

-spec

Fireblade
5th March 2004, 09:31 AM
Hmmmnnn... so what were/are ye gonna the compressed air for then :confused:

What surface do you use the mouse on, coz that can make a diffeence?

And are you using the latest Mouseware drivers? The latest version available from the Logitech website are v9.79.1 Build 25 (dated 8th Jan 04) - which is a shame really, because newer v9.80 drivers were released in early February :rolleyes:

If you haven't already got em Spec', get the newer v9.80 drivers here (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2785.html) :thumbsup:

I've jusr re-read yer post, and since it happens wi yer Intellimouse too, it can;t be the Logitech drivers to blame :p

Farley
5th March 2004, 12:35 PM
On mine, the optic is recessed and kitty hairs get up inside the well there and a lttle blast of air usally gets it unlodged. ;)

Squeaky
5th March 2004, 03:26 PM
If you haven't already got em Spec', get the newer v9.80 drivers here (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2785.html) :thumbsup:

just a quickie FB, I've not installed any mouseware for months and months - and i immediately uninstalled since they used to mess up my Counterstrike key binds, so what benefits do they give you?

my mx500 has never suffered their absence but i must be missing something :D

Fireblade
5th March 2004, 07:41 PM
TBH Squeaks... I really don't know if they give me any advantage... simply coz I've never used my MX700 without the official drivers :p

I've never experienced a single problem wi' em personally, but I realise things are different for us all, and I've heard of others who've also experienced problems wi' the official Logitech drivers, so you're far from alone. I'm not downing Logitech by saying that tho'! Hell I've even known of folks having problems wi' Microsoft's own/official mouse driver updates :eek:

But if ye're using Windows XP, I'd suggest the new drivers have gotta be worth trying again? Just make sure you do a 'System Restore' before you install em, then if you suffer problems, at least you'll be able t' do a roll-back ;)

"Nothing ventures, nothing gained" an' all that eh :D

speculative
5th March 2004, 10:02 PM
Okay, so I'll have to do more extensive testing, but I think I've got it sorted.

Okay, so I read somewhere to swap out my usb devices to instead of putting the mouse and keyboard on the 2 usb ports on the back panel I put the keyboard on the ps2 port and only the mouse on one of the 2 usb ports on the back panel and that seems to have sorted it for now.

-spec

Fireblade
6th March 2004, 09:15 AM
Interesting! I'll have t' remember that one Spec' ;)

speculative
7th March 2004, 05:31 AM
Aim still isn't as precise as I'd like it to be, but I think the specific problem that I was noticing is all gone. THanks again for the tips

-spec