PDA

View Full Version : Adobe PageMill

jema
21st January 2004, 10:59 AM
Just thought I knock up some web pages for a new little enterprise of ours :) and tried using this editor :(

/rant on
Wanted to do some complex table formatting and so started editing in source mode. But Adobe has a wonderful habit of if the html code is incorrect, shoving in random tags on your behalf without bothering to tell you what it is doing or more to the point in succeeding in getting it right. Every time I tried to correct things it would f$%k it up even more :eek:

Eventually went into a nice safe standard text editor and did it that way....

I have to be honest never been converted to using html editors, I always seem to run into some problem or other :(

/rant off

jema

BigBen
21st January 2004, 02:06 PM
Hi,

Have you tried Dreamweaver? :)

Regards

Chelle
21st January 2004, 02:23 PM
Yeah, you want to stay away from editors that take it upon themselves to put in their own proprietary code. MS Frontpage is the absolute worst. I guess they serve a purpose for people who have no interest in learning HTML, making homepages, etc.

I use an ancient version of Homesite (4.5), it does retain raw html and you can still hard code, then toggle to design view and everything stays intact.

I hear Dreamweaver is good but I've never used it...

jema
21st January 2004, 03:33 PM
I will probably try dream weaver next, though I can see me sticking in my nice safe text editor for awhile :D

If you think FrontPage is bad, and I know it is awful as I tried frontpage first, then try saving a word docment as html.... html my ar$e.

jema