PDA

View Full Version : >News< Commentary for Thursday, January 8th

Hogward
9th January 2004, 02:29 PM
Team Ninja - The Next Generation daily Commentary for 2004-01-09 05:07:00

Hello, and welcome to Team Ninja's daily blat, your home for news that counts!

Thursday was a great crunch day for Team Ninja, with a multiple intra-team :stomp: to show high spirits. Unfortunately, we had negative progress toward our next victim, RUSSIA. Their #1 member dumped a load of 1448 w00ts yesterday to hold us off. Despite this setback, we are still moving fast and are nearly into position for a thrust of our huge, hairy, dreaded Waldo f00t!! When RUSSIA falters (and they will) the :stomp:ing will begin!

According to the Navigator's evening report for Thursday, the final mark was at 812,283 work units!

Above us Team RUSSIA was on 813,613 and chasing us Scotland's SETI had 797,390. Scotland's SETI nearly outproduced us yesterday, but we squeaked ahead thanks to a heavy dump from Bob Young. Scotland is fighting very hard to take back their position ahead of us, so we needs must continue to crunch, crunch, crunch! Ever onwards and upwards, Ninjas!

Rumor Central: The thunderous rumblings of a dump silo being filled have increased greatly in volume, and cyberspace ripples are showing up with purple fringe! What nefarious plot has been hatched? Will it burst the dump engine when processed? Can Saturday go into the history books? So many questions, and so few answers.... :D

Milestones: no milestones reached on this day

Promotions: no promotions on this day

STOMP Report:

In the GaseousMatter League

Starter :stomp:s Jimbo, ozzer, and Doinkeyheads

CPU Year awards:

None awarded on this day

Picard best weeks production awards

Zolasfoot for 149 units

Janeway best days production awards

Starter for 3 units

Hans Arne Iversen for 2 units

>DoD< goes to Robert Basil for a 395 w00t :constip: without breaking a sweat! :clap:

>POD (Continuum Class)< goes to Bob Young @ work, for a 415 w00t day we really needed to hold firing position! :woot: :bouncy: :woot:

>POD (Galaxy Class)< goes to Meady Stomper for a 57 w00t day sufficient to garner a B'etor's 400+ weekly award! :nod:

>MAM< Starter - GaseousMatter - 3 units
>MAM< Fireblade - Comet - 4 units - (22nd day in a row)
>MAM< Dr. WHO - Jupiter - 3 units - (13th day in a row)
>MAM< Meady Stomper - Stellar - 57 units
>MAM< t_willi27 - RedGiant - 28 units - (2nd day in a row)
>MAM< r9brian - SuperGiant - 18 units
>MAM< Fat Dave - BlackHole - 23 units - (6th day in a row)
>MAM< Bob Young @ work - TheContinuum - 415 units

>Phoenix< not awarded on this day

>StompMaster< goes to our newest member, Starter, for a fantastic triple :stomp:! WTG, Starter! :xohyes:

Legend - What do all these awards stand for??

DoD - Dump of Day - awarded for a remarkable dump of w00ts
POD - Producer Of the Day - highly subjective and at the whim of the commentator (two classes: Continuum Class, for those in that league, and Galaxy Class for all other leagues)
MAM - Most Active Member - most units produced in the league that day
Phoenix - Awarded to a team member who has been long inactive and has returned to active duty
StompMaster - Awarded to the member who stomps the most people on a single day

Respectfully submitted by: Hogward

Meadmaker
9th January 2004, 03:01 PM
Another great :read: Hog - thanks for that.

Congrtaulations to the award winners - Russia is not far away now Folks. :D

Fireblade
9th January 2004, 04:16 PM
Fine :read: again Hog... many thanks :thumbsup:

Well done t' all the awardees - particularly Starter :clap:

Bob Y
9th January 2004, 05:51 PM
Put on sneakers, find 128MB smartmedia card and reader, and off I go.

The Doctor
9th January 2004, 09:17 PM
:) It shows that we need help... from G6 ... in order to maintain and prosper...

I believe it was a UK chap' http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/bee.gifreleased a song, a'while back; in it he said:

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/artist.gif...I hope the Russians love their children too http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/redecoration.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/0/target.gif

Farley
9th January 2004, 09:36 PM
"Their #1 member dumped a load of 1448 w00ts yesterday "

:cuss:

Drat them all to heck. I show them when I dump my 25 W00t cache... That will show 'em. :p

Hogward
9th January 2004, 09:59 PM
You go, Farley Mahnnnn!! Don' let no Roosskie show ya tail-lights! :D