PDA

View Full Version : >News< Commentary for Sunday, December 21st

Hogward
22nd December 2003, 02:14 PM
>News< Commentary for Sunday, December 21st

Hello, and welcome to Team Ninja's daily blat, your home for news that counts!

Team Ninja had a good crunch day on the Sabbath, with a promotion and a milestone to celebrate along with fair progress toward our next victim! However, a disturbing phenomenon appeared at the end of the day: Team RUSSIA seems to have noticed our bow disturbance in cyberspace and scanned us for intent. They decided we are a predator, and have ramped up their warp drive in an attempt to hold us off!

At days end Sunday, long range sensor scans showed Team RUSSIA as being some 12,824 w00ts distant and accelerating to higher warp. We have firmly locked tracking sensors on their wake and continue the pursuit, but will need all available w00t production to maintain the chase.

The Navigator's evening report for Sunday showed us in 86th place with a final mark of 784,394 and 997 returned for the day. Ever onwards and upwards, Ninjas!

:welcome: back to Shalidar, who has returned to crunch SETI with us for a while! :)

Milestones: kitcat broke through the 1000 w00t level and earned his fifth merit badge! MEOW!! Don't forget to print out your new certificate! :clap:

Promotions: kitcat was promoted from Jupiter league to Stellar league, taking the :magic: 52nd place one notch higher in the ranks! :nod:

STOMP report: no :stomp:s to report on this day

Rumor Central: we still await some benchmark data (and are closely watching daily production totals) from Irridium to see what the new Prometeia cooled P4c will do! So far, all we have is speculation. Can this be hype or hyperthreading? Can the supercooler breathe new life into Intel? Will the wiley beast really work, or will it flare like a supernova? Not even the Shadow knows... but we are all waiting to see! :D

AWARDS:

>DoD< goes to Bob Young @ work for a 142 w00t dump we needed to move ahead smartly! :xohyes:

>POD (Continuum Class)< goes to our PODMaster Robert Basil for a 337 w00t day to pad our account! :woot:

>POD (Galaxy Class)< goes to EDillio who attained equal best ever daily production rate! Keep up the good work, EDillio! :bouncy:

GaseousMatter League
--- zzzzz
League daily total: 0

SpaceDust League
--- zzzzz

Asteroid League
--- zzzzz

Comet League
>MAM< Fireblade - 4 units - (4 days in a row)
League daily total: 6

Mars League
>MAM< Irridium77 - 1 unit - (2 days in a row)
League daily total: 1

Jupiter League
--- zzzzz

Stellar League
>MAM< kitcat - 20 units - (8 days in a row)
League daily total: 76

RedGiant League
>MAM< Shalidar - 22 units
League daily total: 56

SuperGiant League
>MAM< r9brian - 28 units - (16 days in a row)
League daily total: 62

BlackHole League
>MAM< Codfish_II - 18 units - (17 days in a row)
League daily total: 18

TheContinuum League
>MAM< Robert Basil - 337 units
League daily total: 778

>Phoenix< not awarded on this day

>StompMaster< not awarded on this day

Respectfully submitted by: Hogward

Legend - What do all these awards stand for??

DoD - Dump of Day - awarded for a remarkable dump of w00ts
POD - Producer Of the Day - highly subjective and at the whim of the commentator (two classes: Continuum Class, for those in that league, and Galaxy Class for all other leagues)
MAM - Most Active Member - most units produced in the league that day
Phoenix - Awarded to a team member who has been long inactive and has returned to active duty
StompMaster - Awarded to the member who stomps the most people on a single day

Farley
22nd December 2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the report HW!!

Congrats to the awardees and welcome back Shalidar, always good to see a fimilar face. :)

Hogward
22nd December 2003, 03:45 PM
Wow, Farley! You beat Meady to the first post again! Woo Hoo!! :D

Iridium192_217
22nd December 2003, 04:49 PM
lol

the benchmark didn't record itself in the log file. A rough estimate of my time would be about 1:50 give or take a few minutes. I checked on it a few times. That was done at 252 fsb, a tad bit over 4 Ghz. I might run it later but it really hurts my production to only have 1 WU going.

In response to Hog's message about everyone needing to increase their output, I've decided to up my vcore some & add some more power to my production... :D

Meadmaker
22nd December 2003, 05:07 PM
D*mn - I hate Christmas shopping! :banghead:

Congratulations to Farley for beating me to the first posting, and thanks to Hog for another scintillating report. :nod:

In response to Russia's acceleration, a MeadeStar has been instructed to head to Seti space at maximum warp. :)

Onwards and upwards, Ninjas!