PDA

View Full Version : USB Watch

Squeaky
23rd August 2003, 05:21 PM
I know this has been posted on before, but I found the idea rather neat :D - but because i already own a 256mb USB2 pendrive I did not purchase one (i do not own a watch though).

Has anybody succumbed to its obvious attractions ? :D

or do you just look like a silly git ?

anyway, in the way of a reminder...

Product Information

So, you need to tell the time of course, but you also need a way to carry your valuable data with you at all times (you know - your MP3 files, favorite images). This watch can handle the mission for you and do it in style. It can store up to 32 Megs of data.

The USB Memory Watch has a built-in USB cable and can transfer files to and from most computer operating systems. The USB cable is cleverly stored in the watch band and the USB connector tucks conveniently into the band. There is also a LED indicator light at the nine o'clock position that indicates the device status. The watch is surprisingly sleek and lightweight - it is not a bulky watch. The band is comfortable and very flexible.

features:

Water resistant, shock proof and anti-static
Japan movement, 3 years battery life
Password, bootable function
Read 1000kb/sec., write 920kb/sec.
No external power supply required, USB bus-powered
LED status indicator
CE approved
Package contents: CD driver, USB extension cable, user instruction

Squeaky
23rd August 2003, 05:22 PM
and another pic..and no the cable does not stick out, it fits neatly away near to the buckle :)

Jules
23rd August 2003, 05:25 PM
but how obvious is it that there's that connector thing on the end?

Squeaky
23rd August 2003, 05:27 PM
if you check out the first picture you can just about make out the buckle view (small image to the right of watch face)

Squeaky
23rd August 2003, 05:28 PM
this might help

Jules
23rd August 2003, 05:46 PM
Hmmm...seems like it would be uncomfortable.

Fireblade
23rd August 2003, 06:34 PM
Dunno if it's exactly the same watch (it's certainly exactly the same idea), but there's a 128MB USB watch available here in the UK if anyone's interested :D It costs 52.01 incl VAT, and you can get it from Kustom PC's (http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?view=5457) (that's the white one - they also have it in black) :thumbsup:

Additional info in their description:

"Water proof watch mechanism, but we would not recommend using the watch while swimming as the USB connection is not sealed against water intrusion and could corrode"

[edit] where did you find yours Squeaks? [edit]

Squeaky
23rd August 2003, 06:59 PM
the first pics are from Ebuyer.com

but the latter are the original pics from a Gservo post (I think) http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/watches/5eec/

Fireblade
23rd August 2003, 07:13 PM
That's quite a lot cheaper than Kustom actually Squeaky... and it's a better lookin' watch IMHO (it could just be the poorer quality of the photos on the Kustom website tho'), but I'm very wary of eBuyer these days, whereas Kustom have an enormously strong reputation if/when things go wrong.

Still... eBuyer are offering a version with double the capacity of Kustoms' watch for just 22 more (including P&P!), so it's a bargain fer sure in that respect :nod:

speculative
23rd August 2003, 09:11 PM
"Can be used as a boot disk"

The ultimate diskless DC tool? :lol:

-spec

Terminator
24th August 2003, 02:22 AM
:cool: bit of kit - although I'd need more storage :D

speculative
24th August 2003, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't mind getting one actually to keep important files on... You could always wear it; that way the only way the data would get lost is if you yourself got lost. :lol:

-spec

bubbadog
24th August 2003, 03:39 AM
For some of us, that is entirely within the realm of possibilities, spec! :lol:

Tweety
24th August 2003, 09:38 AM
I've tried one... and I can definetly say that the connector is a bit uncomfortable... Looking at the pictures you will see that they inside is moulded like the connector, it would have been a better idea to make it thicker and flat...

And yes... it would be entirely possible to have me get lost together with the watch...:)

Bozo
25th August 2003, 12:49 AM
Nice gadget :)

:cool: