PDA

View Full Version : >News< Commentary for Sunday, August 17th

Hogward
18th August 2003, 01:43 PM
News< Commentary for Sunday, August 17th

Hello, and welcome to the commentary for Sun Day! Our current team position is shown as 77, with 555,296 units and 679 returned for the day. On this day we outproduced Team Denmark, Hardware Upgrade, Team Canopus and Seti Alpha AU. We must continue the push for adding new members and revitalizing existing ones so we can forge ahead. Ever onwards and upwards, Ninjas!!

A rousing Team Ninja :welcome: to Robert Basil, who has joined us in TheContinuum league with 16 CPU years of SETI crunching! We are very pleased to have you with us, Robert!! :woot: :woot:

Milestones: none reached on this day

STOMP report: annyat has STOMPED Chops to move into 62nd place, and r9brian has STOMPED Fluke to move up to 29th position. WTG guys!! :bouncy: :clap: :bouncy:

AWARDS:

>DoD< not awarded on this day

>POD< goes to NM_Arian for boosting output considerably the past few days in an effort to help us move upwards. Thanks and congratulations to you NM-Arian!!! :cheerldr:

>MAM< annyat - SpaceDust - 1 unit
>MAM< NJGuy - Asteroid - 3 units - (2nd day in a row)
>MAM< Meady Stomper - Comet - 4 units - (9th day in a row)
>MAM< KuDvAyNe - Jupiter - 11 units - (24th day in a row)
>MAM< theking_19832002 - Stellar - 15 units - (4th day in a row)
>MAM< r9brian - RedGiant - 26 units - (15th day in a row)
>MAM< Codfish_II - SuperGiant - 18 units - (4th day in a row)
>MAM< Hogward - BlackHole - 58 units - (20th day in a row)
>MAM< DOCTOR WHO - TheContinuum - 163 units

>Phoenix< awarded to Hawkeye!! :welcome: back!! :clap:

>StompMaster< not awarded on this day

Hogward

Legend - What do all these awards stand for??

DoD - Dump of Day - awarded for a remarkable dump of w00ts
POD - Producer Of the Day - highly subjective and at the whim of the commentator
MAM - Most Active Member - most units produced in the league that day
Phoenix - Awarded to a team member who has been long inactive and has returned to active duty
StompMaster - Awarded to the member who stomps the most people on a single day

The Doctor
18th August 2003, 02:09 PM
:lol: Looks like it will be my last >MAM< for a long time [thank goodness] with our new found friends, I can sit back and watch the fun.... My few :woot: only helped us scoot, while their thusters may take us back into the space we knew so well, in a galaxy, so long ago.... :clap: :jump: :clap:

Good showing by all of the >MAM<'sters :hamster::hamster: :hamster:

And I cannot welcome too much, our new members... a phrase comes to mind, from a couple of Bruce Willis movies, where he looks at the pile of a mentor vanguished an says:

"Yippee Kye eh M...... F......" :xwtf:

:xpopworm: What a hoot :xohyes:

What a way to start a week... I'll have to grab some coffee and watch :nod: :lol: -doc

Farley
18th August 2003, 02:32 PM
Great report HW!

Welcome once again Robert... :)

Congrats NM_Arian on the POD :thumbsup:

Welcome back Hawk!! Good to have ya crunching space again :nod:

Can I make a request?? Hog, how hard would it be if you gave the W00ts difference between us and the next team up? So we have an idea of how far till the next stomp... :)

The Doctor
18th August 2003, 02:56 PM
:lol: Make the old:cowboy:buck-a-roo do the math too :roflmao: doc

Hogward
18th August 2003, 03:38 PM
Lordy, but you guys are harsh on an old man :lol:

Okay, for the next team up (Seti Alpha AU), and using the Club statistics from Seti @ home, lets see, now...

hmmm... Seti Alpha AU is at 583,415 and Team Ninja-The Next Generation is at 555,236 ummm.... well, let's see now....

... and the answer is: Uhh, they are ahead of us by a margin of 28,179 w00ts right now and they are averaging about 21,000 w00ts per week, so.... uhh... well, we aren't going to catch them. :banghead:

Now the next team up, Team Denmark, is at 587,211 and they are only averaging about 450 w00ts/day so if we take the delta (587,211 - 555,236 = 31,975) and divide it by an expected minimum average output of... hmmm.... maybe 1600 w00ts/day we can catch Denmark in 20 days, give or take. :bbanana: :D

Hey Farley, are you sure you want all that in the report every day? :roflmao:

Farley
18th August 2003, 04:08 PM
:roflmao:

I should of known better than to ask an engineer a simple question.

hehe Just the difference between us and them. Even if we aren't going to catch them when they pass the team ahead of them we'll still have an idea of time-to-stomp.

:lol: the WPD, comparson and over all gain or loss is a little more than I was askin for :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Something like this:

Our current team position is shown as 77, with 555,296 units and 679 returned for the day. Currently 31,975 w00ts behind Team Denmark On this day we outproduced Team Denmark, Hardware Upgrade, Team Canopus and Seti Alpha AU. We must continue the push for adding new members and revitalizing existing ones so we can forge ahead. Ever onwards and upwards, Ninjas!!

Setiatwork.com has the days to overtake info too if you wanna throw that in, but not nessesary. Located Here (http://www.setiatwork.com/cgi-bin/compare_teams.cgi?id=161184&type=0)

:lol: :banghead: Engineers...

Hogward
18th August 2003, 04:19 PM
:angel: :xohyes: That's me.... :D

Arian
20th August 2003, 10:18 PM
Hey m8 thanks for the POD. Sorry i have only just spotted it, been in hospital with the other half. Shes just got rid of a belly full of arms and legs. Lol
Yep i became a dad again Monday night 9.56PM.
Another little girl Halle, weighed in at 7lb 12 Oz. And my god had i forgotten how much pain is involved in giving birth.
Should be back to full production in a few weeks when the new office is finished.

Arian

Hogward
20th August 2003, 10:29 PM
Congratulations, DAD!!! That's a much better title than POD, and much more prestigious!

:welcome: Halle, to this world!!!

-- Hog the Elder :)

Meadmaker
20th August 2003, 11:03 PM
:woot:

Congratulations Arian - there is nothing better than being a parent (except perhaps being a grandparent :p )

Pictures please, and soon! :nod:

Arian
20th August 2003, 11:41 PM
Lol ok Mr Mead, ill have a playt with the digi cam. I got em dont know how to upload em. have to trim the size down a bit.

Arian
20th August 2003, 11:44 PM
Lol just remembered, I promised myself i would take apicture of Julie in full labour, and i got one too. Might try to upload that too

Meadmaker
20th August 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Arian
Lol just remembered, I promised myself i would take apicture of Julie in full labour, and i got one too. Might try to upload that too

If you do, I just hope your life insurance premiums are fully paid up. :p

Arian
21st August 2003, 12:01 AM
Yeah, didnt think about that one. At the time she couldnt leave the bed to get me, not so sure now.
Hmm
Must try to resist

Hogward
21st August 2003, 12:02 AM
If his life insurance is paid up, he will be in even MORE jeopardy!! Whew! DON'T DO IT, ARIAN!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!! :lol:

Arian
21st August 2003, 12:05 AM
But i just had to catch the moment, I am weak willed.
They say a good picture says a thousand words, well this one certainly does.

Oh what to do

The Doctor
21st August 2003, 01:31 AM
:lol: Let me add my :welcome: :wave: too... one of nature's finest moments, is becoming a father [and again]... cool Arian...

My best to your wife and the rest of your family -doc