PDA

View Full Version : Of cats and crunching

Meadmaker
17th May 2003, 02:28 AM
Hi Folks,

I've just "lost" 427 GNodes done on a huge stub - one of my cats decided to rub humself against the power off switch, and shut off the computer, instantly losing all the work done by my Dnet client!

He is not flavour of the month right now.....five hours crunching down the drain! :mad:

wyles
17th May 2003, 07:22 AM
How does that happen with the client meady....is work not stored??

(and go easy on the poor bugger....I KNOW what enemies cats and computers are....breathe, Meady....BREATHE!!!! ;) )

Ragnarog
17th May 2003, 07:46 AM
Ouch!

Use the checkpoint file! It stores the work every minute or so, making it not lose very much after a crash.....

Its in the config...

Rag

Farley
17th May 2003, 11:56 AM
Ah cats.... Furry four legged devil spawn they are. I have quite a few my self and a constant battle for control.

The canned air you get for blasting out your box works great for teaching them *clears throat* little darlings, where they can go or not.

Perhapse a couple of bare live wires, just outside the case will deter further attempts of sabotage :cunning:

Hope you can get the w00ts back there Meady.

Good luck

Meadmaker
17th May 2003, 01:39 PM
D*mn! I didn't know about the checkpoint file option! Thanks for that, Rag - I've made the necessary changes to the config.

I've certainly lost the woots - but it won't happen again.

As for the cat, I've forgiven him now. I told him off rather forcibly, and he went and hid under the table. Five minutes later, he's back, and begging for a cuddle.........well, you can't not, can you? :D