PDA

View Full Version : Meady's Not responding.

LinearB
28th April 2003, 07:27 AM
His proxy that is :). Been down for me since last night.

Meadmaker
28th April 2003, 08:43 AM
???

The proxy is up and running! It has been for 13 days, 2 hours+

Both homedns.org and servebeer.com are active, so there should be no reason why you cannot connect.

Please try again, and let me know.

Meady the puzzled. :(

LinearB
28th April 2003, 10:43 AM
Will try when I return home, had no problem yesterday until last night so assumed the problem was at your end. I keep one of my machines soley on your proxy so setup should be okay.

Meadmaker
28th April 2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks LB.

I think it might have been a problem with my Firewall. It locked up last night, and when I restarted it, it seems to have lost all the permissions. :rolleyes:

I've put all the permissions back in, so it should work OK now.

Ragnarog
28th April 2003, 11:20 AM
Meady: when your ip changes after a reconnect, the DNS will not resolve correctly for 5-10 minutes until they updated their hosttables with your new ip. If LB (or anyone actually) tries to access the proxy in just such a moment, they wont be able to connect :)

Rag

Ragnarog
28th April 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Meadmaker
Thanks LB.

I think it might have been a problem with my Firewall. It locked up last night, and when I restarted it, it seems to have lost all the permissions. :rolleyes:

I've put all the permissions back in, so it should work OK now.

That of course is a possibility too :D :D

Rag

Meadmaker
28th April 2003, 11:53 AM
Hi Rag,

My DSL connection is virtually constant (apart from the odd blip when I crash the host computer ;) ), but as it's a dynamic IP rather than a static one I have both No-IP and homedns.org running. I've checked the logs for both, and they show no change in IP # since Friday last week.

I would prefer to have a hardware firewall, but that's not a possibility at this time, so I'm stuck with Zone Alarm Pro for now. Normally it's OK, but every now and then it "sticks"- I've no idea why - and the first I know there's a problem is when someone says that they can't access my proxies.

To make certain I've cleared the problem, I've rebooted the host, and reconnected to the 'net, and both No-IP and homedns.org are showing a valid connection now. Hopefully this will solve the problem (this time at least)