PDA

View Full Version : Squeaks fumbles the ball....

Squeaky
29th March 2003, 04:47 PM
Hello Ladies and Gentleman.

My apologies but there will be no commentary from Squeaks today.

Indeed, I have decided to call it a day, both DC in general and my long term association with Ninja/Picard. My reasons are complicated ranging from my re-dedication to my homelife, waning interest in DC, the natural loss of many faces over the past 18 months making this feel less like home, and in some cases a failing of current member relationships too.

Not an easy decision Im sure you may appreciate considering my time here, but one I have considered on a couple of occasions since a little before Christmas.

There are really far too many people to say goodbye too, some are very good friends, and some I never got to know well, and others fairly new, and of course many, for example Crabbles, Snuf, and some TPers who have moved on themselves in any case, but Id like to say Ive learnt much and experienced a great deal whilst a member and mod here V and uncountable hours of fun and frivolity at all times of the day :D

A special thanks to the old Genomers but also a heartfelt goodbye all here..and in no particular order that means Jules, Meady, Nano, Spec, Talon, Gservo, Jema, BigBen, Bozo, Therion, dnar, The Doc, Rag, Rids, Jed, 10:13, Termie, Fallguy, Sirius, CDS, Elfy, Wylie, Monkeymia, Fireblade, Ranger498, LinearB, JD, Dodgy, fragallrocks, johnnymajors, Tweety, Hawkeye, Farley, Mikemoose, Shookums, Tom, Chelle, Baldy, Bubba and dozens of others whose names escape me this afternoon

Ciao yall, will keep in touch where able and will try to make the Derby pissup in anycase (ok Meady :D )
Will also expect invitations when/if the online gaming starts up again ;)

Shookums
29th March 2003, 04:57 PM
I'll bring my avatar back if it will help?

From someone who recently retired from 4 years of SETI crunching, believe me when I say I understand. Sometimes you have to do what makes you happy. Best wished to you.

Mark

bubbadog
29th March 2003, 04:57 PM
Very sorry to see you go Rat-Boy; pehaps in time RL will allow your return. We'll save your seat for you just in case. (Besides, who else would want to sit in it? ;) )

Meadmaker
29th March 2003, 05:15 PM
'Tis a sad day indeed when a good friend decides to move on.

Whatever your reasons, Les (and I'm sure they're very good ones), please know that you will be missed, and will always be welcome here.

Don't forget to keep in touch by whatever means.

Especially try to make the Derby meeting - I've got one or two surprises for everyone that attends....:D

JDErickson
29th March 2003, 05:25 PM
:cry:

Sorry to see you leave Squeaks. Genome@Home has lost a valued member.

May the fair winds guide you to sunny shores.

Jim

CyberdynSystems
29th March 2003, 05:34 PM
Wow,. Squeaky,. this board will be a very different place without your presence :(

Take care of your self and family.

speculative
29th March 2003, 06:43 PM
Sorry to see you go Squeaky, but totally understand. I've always looked forward to reading a post with your name next to it. :) Wish you luck; drop by from time to time if you can.

:hamster:

-speculative

Fireblade
29th March 2003, 07:17 PM
:jawdrop: what a bolt from the blue that announcement was Squeaks :eek:

However... as has already been said... the family/RL are more important than any DC project(s), and I both respect and fully understand yer decision on those grounds m8 :bow:

Fare thee well my good man, and haste ye back if/when RL allows :hug:

Terminator
29th March 2003, 08:30 PM
Gutted m8 :(

Very sorry to see you go squeaks, but I send my very best wishes to you for the future and please, please do try to make the meet on the 12th :)

Take care m8 and visit when you can

T.

PS - When Sheff Weds plays Derby in Division 2 next year we'll have to go and :cry: together :D

Chelle
29th March 2003, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear this squeaks, but do understand your reasons, I know you've been struggling with some for awhile now.

I wish you well, and try to pop back in and say hi from time to time.

Be well :hug:

Farley
29th March 2003, 08:50 PM
Your posts, links and website have been a cornucopia of information and helpful advice.

Having only been here a short time myself, I can only imagine the lost the rest of the team feels. I echo the heart felt well wishes, and bid you all the bes in the future.

It is better to of sqeeked and lost, then to of never have sqeaked at all.;)

Be Good Squeaky

Brian

Gunslinger
29th March 2003, 09:22 PM
:nooo: :banghead:

I'm really sorry to see you go Squeaky :tear:
I've always liked the way you can bring a breath of fresh (?) air to a thread (as well as the occasional total hijack :insane: )

Good luck with whatever life brings you and remember the two most important rules:
#1 Have fun.
#2 See #1

Ni! :gunsling:

Monkeymia
29th March 2003, 10:39 PM
So long squeaks :wave: it has been a pleasure to have known you. Good luck in life my good friend you will be missed.

data
30th March 2003, 12:17 AM
Hi Les

was sorry to read this posting by you, but as has already been said there is some things more important than DC and the inet - so all the best to you and i hope i am around when you decide to post/come back so we can cross words again

all the best to you for the future
Regards
Tom

wyles
30th March 2003, 03:06 AM
:(

A sad day indeed, but you go with all our best wishes and hopes for a bright future.

Hope one day to see you back here.

Matt

Sirius
30th March 2003, 04:01 PM
Take care Squeaky

May you Live Long and Prosper :kiss:

Crystallize
30th March 2003, 06:28 PM
Goodbye Squeaks http://w1.739.telia.com/~u73902560/smilies/2/36.gif

Bozo
6th April 2003, 10:58 AM
Squeaky mate, really sorry to hear you wont be around as much, you may have noticed my abscence from all the forums i visit (not just NM) It took this thread to get me posting again, Have a break mate but dont stay away altogether.

Take care of yourself mate

regards

Bozo

:mona:

Ragnarog
6th April 2003, 05:55 PM
Sorry to see you go Squeaks. Dont be a stranger and good luck on the path that lies in front of you, wherever it may take you! :)

Rag