PDA

View Full Version : Jema when you find a minute

data
10th March 2003, 08:16 PM
Hi Jema

when you find a minute - can you change the MJ site team number button to read 1853278109 - its showing the old TP number

regards

Monkeymia
10th March 2003, 08:52 PM
jema you have email - new button created :)

jema
10th March 2003, 09:03 PM
thank m8

will be done tomorrow

jema

jema
11th March 2003, 11:59 AM
seems to be web cached on my main machine but the new image is displaying on another, so tis there honest :)

data
13th March 2003, 07:29 PM
league tables on MJ not positioning correctly league III is displacing league II

jema
13th March 2003, 08:07 PM
think I see the problem, should be solved from tomorrow :)

jema

Monkeymia
13th March 2003, 09:05 PM
Hi jema, I would also love our team to have 51 members but sadly that is not the truth it should be nearer 36 when you remove the duplicates.

Cheers mate,
I know you will get it just right very soon :)

jema
13th March 2003, 09:37 PM
The "duplicates" are a figment of the leagues imaginiation I think, and will I hope go away now.

I am trying to get things organised, as I am falling into the traps of ending up wasting more time as I'm rushing from task to task, the more more haste less speed scenario :(

jema

jema

data
13th March 2003, 10:59 PM
take you time m8 :D - will save you time and trouble in the long term - thanks for looking into and it will get rectified of this iam am confident

Chelle
14th March 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Monkeymia
jema you have email - new button created :)
Thanks MM! ( :doh: I knew there was something I forgot to do!) and what a nice button it is, complete with a rollover highlight, impressive!

Jema, let me know if there's anything I can help with (aside from hardcore database coding) :p

Meadmaker
14th March 2003, 12:16 AM
Just thought I'd mention that the member table hasn't updated at midnight. I wouldn't bother about it, but I wanted to try and get the Commentary done.

/edit; fixed now - sorry to have mentioned it :o

data
14th March 2003, 10:47 AM
and now the real time stats are not updating

data
14th March 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by data
and now the real time stats are not updating

:o just found out why Stanford down again:( apologies Jema should have checked first

jema
14th March 2003, 12:17 PM
phew :)

not my problem for once :)

jema

data
14th March 2003, 08:05 PM
server back up again :D

Jules
14th March 2003, 08:08 PM
Hmmmm...will have to keep an eye out for my missing contribution....:D

data
14th March 2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Jules
Hmmmm...will have to keep an eye out for my missing contribution....:D

my 2+K updated Ok - it was only the web and stats server that was down receiving servers working fine :sunshine:

Jules
14th March 2003, 08:23 PM
:xpout: I seem to be missing about 200 from a few days ago then....I'm sure they'll appear somewhere.

data
15th March 2003, 01:13 PM
Hi Jema

have checked this time to make sure Stanford is not down they are up and running - sorry to advise the Real Time Stats are not showing the correct results - how often and when do they update

regards

jema
15th March 2003, 01:47 PM
They update every hour, and from what i can see updated last at 13:12pm

the updates look correct here :confused:

jema

Nanobot
15th March 2003, 01:57 PM
At the moment Stanford have Data at 181571.94 but the realtime stats have him at 179928.18

jema
15th March 2003, 02:41 PM
I think it is just a matter of the delay on the RT stats, kicking off a manual update has bought things up to date. I wonder if where i get the stanford data from is itself subject to lag? e..g do the individual stats at Stanford update before the team stats?

jema

Meadmaker
15th March 2003, 02:53 PM
I think I've noticed the individual stats update about an hour ahead of the Team stats.

Nanobot
15th March 2003, 03:04 PM
I have also noticed that sometimes that the borg does not match what is shown on Stanfords page. I wonder is it is an "invisible" proxy cacheing thing

data
15th March 2003, 03:37 PM
will check the next update and let you know as at times i have noticed the team stats reflect the updates before the user stats are published

think this may be one of the problems - will be back just need to check something (sorry about this)

have just been on the G@H comm site looking at some things

Stefan has advised that the problem with the web server is its needing replacing and they are awaiting some new hardware on receipt the server will be replaced - this is good news

also have asked for confirmation on what the work upload stats updating routine is just to confirm as i cannot seem to find my ols notes on this - will advise when i get advice

thanks for the manual update Jema :) - wanted to check work was in fact through before i send up more :D

data
16th March 2003, 06:23 AM
Hi Jema

as promised i have been monitoring the G@H update and the routine seems to be
1/ User Stats update first about 15-55 mins after cut off
2/ Team Stats update second about 20-30 mins after 1 above
3/ The Team User stats update anything from between 15-90 minutes after 2 above

e.g. the 20:00PST update was as follows
1/ 20:55
2/ 21:18
3/ not yet through - not waiting up any longer :D going to bed now

jema
16th March 2003, 07:54 AM
In Principle there are two delays on the RT stats relative to the stanford stats.

1) Up to 60 minutes as the Borg may be almost an hour late if it picks up the stats just before an update.
2) +5 mins as the RT stats pages are locked to prevent a constantly page refreshing person from overloading the site database.

So in total that make 65 mins at the outside. Yet Data by observation reckons on up to a 90 minute delay :confused: I am not quibbling here, merely curious as to what might explain the discepency, unless of course Data was simply roughly approximating?

jema

data
16th March 2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by jema
In Principle there are two delays on the RT stats relative to the stanford stats.

1) Up to 60 minutes as the Borg may be almost an hour late if it picks up the stats just before an update.
2) +5 mins as the RT stats pages are locked to prevent a constantly page refreshing person from overloading the site database.

So in total that make 65 mins at the outside. Yet Data by observation reckons on up to a 90 minute delay :confused: I am not quibbling here, merely curious as to what might explain the discepency, unless of course Data was simply roughly approximating?

jema

well the 4 updates i watched varied from 45 to 90 mins and the last one the 05:00GMT had not come through even after 90 mins since the the team stats updated - but as Stefan says they have problems with the stats/web server they maybe have to complete a manual update to try and keep things going - hopefully when Stanford get the new server on line this will resolve the problems

data
24th March 2003, 08:06 PM
? Jema

does the RT Stats update from the user or team stats

regards

jema
24th March 2003, 08:11 PM
The RT stats update from the data you get when you run Genoborg.

e.g.

the data at:

http://gah.stanford.edu/teams/team ninja...html

sorry if that is a bit obtuse, but I am a but out of tough with all the stats sources for Genome. Is there a better place I should be parsing?

jema

data
24th March 2003, 08:19 PM
Hi Jema

just realised the stupidity of my ? my apologies - if you used the user stats you might get a quicker update but this would mean parsing the whole G@H Classic user data base rather than the small team base

jema
24th March 2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by data
Hi Jema

just realised the stupidity of my ? my apologies - if you used the user stats you might get a quicker update but this would mean parsing the whole G@H Classic user data base rather than the small team base

hang about, I have bandwidth here! Tell me what i could look at, and I will have a look see.

jema

data
24th March 2003, 10:17 PM
could use the user database below - this is what gets updated first

http://genomeathome.stanford.edu/userstats.html

jema
24th March 2003, 10:28 PM
Aha, I think the GenoBorg already can read this info, for rank, but it does not update the units from it, but if this is updated first then it obviously could :)

jema