PDA

View Full Version : Question ... projects ....

10:13
7th March 2003, 09:24 AM
This is just a quick question ... I've been doing an off and on commentary for the Dnet projects. Are we (Ninja) running any other Math projects at the moment? I don't want to not be taking note of projects we are running simply becuase I'm ignorant of them.

thx,

Fallguy
7th March 2003, 09:59 AM
Are there more projects that RC5 and OGR? I appreciate there used to be ECCP and GIMPS and other stuff, but I thought those had finished or change or something..... ?

I could be wrong.

Fallguy

LinearB
7th March 2003, 10:00 AM
Good question 10:13, I have been toying with the idea of starting a 17oB team but with the focus we seem to be achieving currently on dnet I thought it best to wait a while.

As far as I'm aware there are no other Maths projects currently being run under the Team Ninja banner.

Once we pull our Midlands meeting together I was hoping to come up with a plan for future projects along with a revamped SSS stats. This in turn will hopefully lead to a weekly diary report but for now I think your dnet reports are just what the doctor ordered :)

Trust FG to get an oar in while I'm talking :rolleyes:

As previously stated TN hasn't registered a team but the following projects are running:-

ECC2 (ECCp-109 follow on)
GIMPS
17 or Bust ( 5 down :) )
RSAttack576

Oh forget it go here If you want some ideas ;)

http://www.aspenleaf.com/distributed/ap-math.html

Fallguy
7th March 2003, 10:07 AM
Can I just ask,
please can we avoid starting any new projects until after we have passed Team Picard in RC5 and OGR...... pleaaaaase!

I will have my entire fleet crunching RC5 until we pass TP, and then I will switch to OGR (again until we pass TP). After that then yes starting a new project might be fun. Of course I might have to defend my DF position for a bit as well.

Fallguy

Fallguy
7th March 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by LinearB
Trust FG to get an oar in while I'm talking :rolleyes:

You know you can always count on me if it comes to inserting foot in mouth...... not just my mouth either! :roflmao:

Fallguy

LinearB
7th March 2003, 10:12 AM
As I said in my first paragraph, I think it a very good idea to keep our focus on RC5 for the time being, that's where 90% of my CPU horses are working at the moment :)

7th March 2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Fallguy
Can I just ask,
please can we avoid starting any new projects until after we have passed Team Picard in RC5 and OGR...... pleaaaaase!

I will have my entire fleet crunching RC5 until we pass TP, and then I will switch to OGR (again until we pass TP). After that then yes starting a new project might be fun. Of course I might have to defend my DF position for a bit as well.

Fallguy
For my own thoughts, I agree with you Fallguy! At the very least wait until we have passed TP in RC5 ... and passing them in OGR would be really cool too ... though that is going to be a tall order ... they currently stand somewhere around 2.7 million ... :eek: (but I do like challenges!!!)

Fallguy
7th March 2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 10:13
Originally posted by Fallguy
Can I just ask,

Fallguy
For my own thoughts, I agree with you Fallguy! At the very least wait until we have passed TP in RC5 ... and passing them in OGR would be really cool too ... though that is going to be a tall order ... they currently stand somewhere around 2.7 million ... :eek: (but I do like challenges!!!)

Ah,
2.7 million, now thats a challenge! :) Maybe we'd better hurry up with RC5, so we can start the chase in OGR...... :D

Fallguy

Meadmaker
7th March 2003, 12:30 PM
Eccp2 - I've already run some of this. Once they sort out the stats issue, I'll create a Ninja team (but not right now :lol: )

Terminator
7th March 2003, 12:54 PM
RC5 full bore until we :beep: by and then we'll need to make sure we maintain that lead as well as moving as many crunchers to OGR :D

This is gonna be fun :soldier::soldier:

LinearB
7th March 2003, 01:22 PM
HAving twiddled with my calculator this lunch time it would appear full bore is going to need to get a bit bigger if we're to catch our quarry this side of Christmas.

For my part I have instigated Operation Fruit Basket, which should hopefully bear fruit in a couple of months ;)

Terminator
7th March 2003, 01:29 PM
Running full bore doesn't necessarily mean, fully uploading.......;)

7th March 2003, 01:33 PM
HAving twiddled with my calculator this lunch time it would appear full bore is going to need to get a bit bigger if we're to catch our quarry this side of Christmas.
Err ... something tells me that RC5 is not going to take that long ... OGR-25 ... hmmmm... where did I put my slide rule ...

LinearB
7th March 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Terminator
Running full bore doesn't necessarily mean, fully uploading.......;)

I know, remember Saturday is LinearB day :D

^7_of_9
7th March 2003, 05:16 PM
Hm seems to me the Borg fleet as well as some of the Shadow fleet has been switched over to RC-5 recently. Not all of those two fleets are showing up yet on the stats. The Borg Fleet is being added to currently, as well as there have been some new additions to the Team Picard RC5-72 team other than just those two as well.

Hm Lets see ... There's the JDE Fleet, The Melo Fleet, The Shadow Fleet and the Borg Fleet. better restart your calculations girls :p

TP ain't giving up w/o fight! :brengun: :chaingun:

:D

Nanobot
7th March 2003, 10:59 PM
Bring it on :jedi: we :ninja: are not without a trick or many :D

^7_of_9
7th March 2003, 11:02 PM
Oh btw ... Did I mention that I receive my Company bonus next Friday, and my tax return 3 weeks after that? :cunning: Lets see ... How many more blocks/day would ~5 X 2600+ machines add per day :eek:

LinearB
7th March 2003, 11:12 PM
Evening 7, we are indeed in for a hard fight ;)

I too have plans to increase our output :D

^7_of_9
7th March 2003, 11:16 PM
Evening 7, we are indeed in for a hard fight ;)

I too have plans to increase our output :D

Hard Fight?> Awww schucks. We were planning on dropping in and assimlating some Ninja butts and putting the rest of the Ninja butts in the Brig :rofl:

This is the type of thing I like to see happen between TN and TP!!!

P.S. Yer gonna get your little Ninja Booties Beat Girls! :D

Terminator
7th March 2003, 11:29 PM
A Borg a day helps you work, rest and play :D - let the battle commence :thumbsup:

Meadmaker
8th March 2003, 11:48 AM
Aha - a challenge! :D

"Navigator, set the Flagship on course for RC5-72 space - maximum warp!"

Terminator
8th March 2003, 12:01 PM
:cool: Initital Battle Group in attack formation, but reserve fleet is testing new top secret cloaking device........ /transmission ends

Dewill
8th March 2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ^7_of_9
Oh btw ... Did I mention that I receive my Company bonus next Friday, and my tax return 3 weeks after that? :cunning: Lets see ... How many more blocks/day would ~5 X 2600+ machines add per day :eek:

:fool:

I'll let ya know :p thats only 2 an a half duallies.

Jed ;)

Fallguy
9th March 2003, 12:38 PM
Well I will be adding a little more power to my fleet later this week,
but for now I will have to make do with a mere 10Ghz or so...... its such a hard life..... :rofl:

Fallguy