PDA

View Full Version : FAO Squeaks

speculative
17th February 2003, 07:14 PM
You may have thwarted me for now with a clever WR cache dump... But this is only the beginning... You will have to come out for the cheese sooner or later, and when you do - :hammer: !!! :nod:

-speculative

Jules
17th February 2003, 07:27 PM
:roflmao: @ your location Spec

...run Squeaky run...:soldier:

Squeaky
17th February 2003, 07:39 PM
there is something you should know about me and cheese Spec :D

speculative
17th February 2003, 08:29 PM
Ooh! While you're contemplating cheese, I see that you have an Iiyama 19" monitor on one of your rigs. I'm in shopping mode for a 19" - think you could drop by this thread and give a brief run-down of how ya like it? :) http://www.ninjamicros.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20609

-spec

Squeaky
17th February 2003, 09:04 PM
Hi Spec

It it a real budget monitor - the lowest priced branded 19" I could find - the LS902UT, and it has all the specs (that pun again) you need I think - e.g. 1280x1024 @85hz - I'm happy with it, except I have a little too much Moire interference for my liking, and the OSD does little to alleviate it (but I believe a price for super fine dot pitch). It's better than my 19" Philips at work - but have nothing else to compare it to so I'm reluctant to give it 2 thumbs up. Certainly does the job though, and at a great price.

speculative
17th February 2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, 1280x1024 is really the highest res I would be running a 19" in anyways, and 85Hz is good enough (that's what I run now at 1024x768). Thanks for the input - I'm still shopping around, trying to get best "bang for the buck." ;) I found a Princeton 19" that will do good refresh @ good res at Costco this morning for $179, but it's a shadow mask not an aperture grill monitor. I saw a shadow mask NEC monitor at Staples and thought it was a little blurry compared to my Trinitron 17" I run now (though it's 5+ years old and acting up just a tad I think).

-spec