PDA

View Full Version : Ok ok so I was wrong...

Jean Luc
16th February 2003, 05:22 AM
Sigh... I was left in the dust...

but... I'm baaack :)

TP Rc5-72 is a ghost town, and I gotta have the daily dose of BB madness that only you guys can provide me..

/flicks a swith on RC5-72

Look out #1 here I come

NickBrownsFan
16th February 2003, 05:37 AM
darn and wylie just joined in the TP rc team today to :( we will miss you greatly.

http://teampicard.oddprocess.org/viewtopic.php?t=167&sid=64cf29dc847e02d16639c30be03747a8

wyles
16th February 2003, 08:18 AM
Just a few units for each team at this stage I'm afraid.....
I'm still pretty peeved at Dnet for scrapping about 2 months work on the rc5-64 thingy....

still...it really is an EXCELLENT client.... :)

LinearB
16th February 2003, 08:37 AM
Jean Luc we'd love to have you aboard as you were the original driving force behind RC5-72 and you certainly forced me into the project :)

However to be fair to TP it's going to take a few days before they sort themselves out and your still welcome to chat here even if you crunch over there ;)

My new account means I'm starting right at the bottom, for RC5-72 this wasn't that much but for OGR-25 it's a different matter :(.
This does have one benefit however in that I'm going to be firmly focused on putting out some serious units :D

However you decide to play it, don't be a stranger. It also occurred to me that if your okay with it we could still use your proxy, at least then I could see what the competition's doing ;)

Fallguy
16th February 2003, 10:16 AM
Heh,
serious units hey LinearB.... no wonder I have already been passed.... :doh:

And here was me thinking I could play with the big boys! :lol:

Fallguy

Fallguy
16th February 2003, 10:27 AM
Oh and nice to see ya posting Jean-Luc,
and as LinearB says, you don't have to crunch here to post here - in fact it'd be nice if you crunched really hard for Team Picard so when we overtake you at least we can claim you're a moving target..... :p

Fallguy

Terminator
16th February 2003, 02:53 PM
Hi Jean Luc

You weren't wrong m8 - everyone has to make a decision on where they feel most comfortable to be, some stayed, some went, but hopefully we're all still welcome if we decide to visit (and that works both ways)

So crunch wherever you feel comfortable and you're always welcome to post here, whether your crunching for Ninja, Picard or whoever.

In fact it's your fault I've got the RC5 bug :p and my nice dual mobo has arrived just waiting for the cpu's ;)

Fallguy
16th February 2003, 04:44 PM
Which board did ya get Termie?

K7D I hope, or have you gone for one of the newer boards (the Epox/Ipox has a good rep for OCing)?

Fallguy

Terminator
16th February 2003, 06:52 PM
K7D it is - Just waiting for a couple of MP2000+ to turn up (decided against the Modded XP1700's although mine is SMP enabled by default - the very early XP1700 were apparently)

Dewill
17th February 2003, 03:54 AM
Hi Jean Luc
Nice to see ya m8 :)
Guys any chance we can get the projects under math listed,
How many we have or don't have, where we go to join ect.
Any guides ,or how too's

I know I'm a PITA, :p but I would like to see what I'm missing.

Jed ;)

10:13
17th February 2003, 04:35 AM
Hi Jean Luc! I really hope that you will come back for the Math projects ... I really liked what you did in spearheading the RC5-72 project. But I understand either way and wish you the best of luck.

Jed ... I know we do both RC-5 and OGR which are run by Distributed.net and you can find the client here: Dnet (http://www.distributed.net). The same client does both OGR and RC5-72.

We also do some other projects (such as ECC2) but I don't know whether it's been decided whether we were going to rename the Picard projects to NInja (in the case where all participants were Ninja members) or restart. I'll let others speak to that.

At least on the Dnet projects we restarted ... which is a bit of a shame if Jean-Luc really decides to come back to TN because then 80%+ of the current units in RC5-72 and a large majority in OGR would have been as well .. ah well)

Terminator
17th February 2003, 07:49 AM
I'm gonna get some FAQ's and stuff sorted out this week :)

Jean Luc
17th February 2003, 01:22 PM
Just a heads up for you linux/Athlon XP users.. there is a new beta client on dsitributed.nets website that has been optimized.. there is also an Altivec optimized for you G3/G4s

Ive got the Athlon running on my XP 1700 and it seems to be abit faster.. maybe 1-2 mins less per block.. that equates to nearly 10 more a day.. not bad

Terminator.. let me know how I can help with the FAQ..

BTW tonight you guys should see my first units :)

LinearB
17th February 2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Terminator
I'm gonna get some FAQ's and stuff sorted out this week :)

got fed up of waiting ;)

Thanks to Mackerel, for the original ;)

Termie I'd suggest you unstick your Stickie, any info you feel necessary we can add to mine. I'm also going to lock it as I'd like to limit the FAQ's to the Facts :)