PDA

View Full Version : Ubero Team

Nanobot
15th February 2003, 01:16 PM
As you can transfer units in this project I have moved mine to the newley created Team Ninja (http://www.ubero.com/teamstats.asp?tid=116)

Stargazer
15th February 2003, 03:26 PM
LOL ok. What's Ubero? How is it different from other Humanitarian projects?

I'm going to have to add more systems to keep up on all these;)

LinearB
16th February 2003, 12:55 AM
Then there were 2 :D

speculative
16th February 2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by LinearB

:D Man, wish I had more rigs. Good to see the other humanitarian projects getting some luv. :thumbsup:

-spec

data
16th February 2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by LinearB

sorry about this now there are 3

Monkeymia
16th February 2003, 09:47 AM
Can I have some more info on this project?

Whats UCI Alignment?

Nanobot
16th February 2003, 10:51 AM
This project is not longer active but I try to keep an eye on Ubero in case they start a new project. More information on UCI Alignment can be found here (http://www.ubero.com/projectprofile.asp?pid=4).

Monkeymia
16th February 2003, 01:31 PM
Thanks Nano

For those that cannot be bothered to clizk the link :)
This project aligns the genomic sequence of a wheat germ. It looks for areas in the sequence that have similar attributes. It was launched as Ubero's first project for University of California's Institute of Genomics and Bioinformatics but was finished long ago. It is used as our primary "test project" and the results that are returned are discarded. Members and teams still run it to compete against each other and help keep the Ubero network active.

wyles
16th February 2003, 01:48 PM
hehe - so I may as well turn the client off then, eh? :D

Monkeymia
16th February 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by wylie
hehe - so I may as well turn the client off then, eh? :D

:roflmao:

10:13
17th February 2003, 06:31 AM
OK ... I gave Ubero up a while back because It didn't seem to be moving anywhere (was a good concept, mind you). I'll did up the password info and transfer my units ... I had done very well there for a while ... :D

10:13
5th March 2003, 05:58 PM
Jeez ... sorry guys ... I finally noticed I had not joined ... well I have now! Puts the team in at 17th place (Picard is 18). Surprisingly there are still people (on other teams) crunching for this project and it's been almost a year since I last investigated. At that time, everything was just a re-crunch of data already crunched and they were looking for new projects within their framework ... currently the only project is still the same (UCI alignment) but I will try to see if they actually have new data or are still crunching the same old thing ... in which case I can't see doing any work ... it's the reason I stopped a year ago

I'll let you know,