PDA

View Full Version : Got me some new wheels

mackerel
15th January 2003, 01:09 PM
An impulse purchase... went out for a pair of shoes, got new car :) Its rear wheel drive and has a massive spoiler on the back.

What is it? A dinky 2 inch long radio controlled car :) I couldn't resist... ideal for those who want to relive their childhood, or just plain simply refuse to grow up :)

I'll so some pictures later, but for now I'm going to do some more donuts on my front room floor :D

Fireblade
15th January 2003, 05:05 PM
You're worse than my eldest son Mackerel... he bought one at the weekend too :p

But he couldn't buy just any RC car... oh no! This one's apparently fuelled by... Nitrous Oxide :jawdrop:

speculative
15th January 2003, 07:18 PM
Lol! Have fun. :D

-spec

mackerel
15th January 2003, 07:49 PM
Have reversed engineered it already. Not a lot in the car, a battery about the diameter of a AAA but 1cm long. The smallest motor I've ever seen. I've seen bigger LEDs. I couldn't see the front motor used to steer.

Time for the modding to begin. So far, I've tried running without the body on to reduce weight. It needs more grip so I might try to recycle some wheels off another toy later. Maybe a bigger battery and overvoltage the motor too... ;)

^7_of_9
15th January 2003, 08:27 PM
i've got a professional car at home. Bought the kit and then had to put it together and paint the body. currently looking at gettnig a new motor and putting that in there.

Mine runs off os 7.2v rechargeable batteries. I've got 5 of them and each lasts for about 10 minutes of playing, I've got a 1 hour quick charger. I'm looking at getting a gas powered machine though this year. They are faster and more powerful overall.

Bozo
15th January 2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by mackerel
Have reversed engineered it already. ...
Time for the modding to begin.

LOL

:roflmao: