PDA

View Full Version : Clocked it - need help benchmarking it now :D

TheGreystar
5th November 2002, 01:41 PM
After getting my hands on a nice GFx card and new CPU heatsink, I took the plunge, pencilled in the jumpers on my 1Gig Athlon, and managed to get the FSB to 147, and the multiplier up to 9 (1323) :D (it was 133 * 7.5)

I'll give it a few days and see what it does to my seti times, but have an issue with benchmarking the thing. Obviously, in terms of Grunt, SETI is an ideal benchmark, but as I've upped the bus speed, I assume my GFx will be quicker also.

3D mark crashes each time I run it now - although all my games n stuff work fine. tried 3d 2000 and 2001, and both have the same "corrupt file" error. Is this usual? or have I "over" overclocked my PC?

G*

TheGreystar
5th November 2002, 01:52 PM
OOps, almost forgot. I had the system running stable at 160FSB, with the memory timings set to normal. would it be worth getting some 2700 RAM, as once I set the memory to turbo, it need to be dropped to just under 150 to be stable again...

G*

Mad Bad John
6th November 2002, 11:17 PM
Hey G* " have I overclocked my overclocking ?" - the answer to that is a probably !, however have you tried kicking up the core and ram volts to improve stability ?

MBJ

TheGreystar
7th November 2002, 12:05 PM
yep, and extra 0.1V on the CPU, and a touch on the memory too. the PC is stable, it's just 3D mark that won't run... *argh*

a benchmarking tool that doesn't like overclocked PC's. What's the point in that?

G*

dodgygeeeza
7th November 2002, 12:31 PM
sounds like a software fault to me, had no trouble running 3d mark and my rig is o/c to max on fsb, try uninstalling and clear the registry of any 3d mark strings;)