PDA

View Full Version : Would like to trade this

Neo
26th October 2002, 02:26 PM
I would like to trade a Bx motherboard and celeron 300 for an AGP video card. I don't need any great, but has to work. This is will be a workstation. Just let me know what you have.

LostIt
7th November 2002, 05:39 PM
SD,

Youve said bx...430? 440? Brand? Model? I know several folks who could stand to upgrade from p166's etc. If all is right, this may work for them...

Let me know,

Lost IT

Neo
7th November 2002, 05:56 PM
Hey

It is a 440. It is a gateway oem motherboard. I think it is made by intel for Gateway according to the sn number. It has 3 dimm slots, one agp X2, and 5 pci slots. The only problem I have was with a cdrom on the ide port nearest the dimm slots was a fussy and some times it was not. I used the other one and had no problem with it. let me know. I got a video card now. So I might let it go cheap.

LostIt
7th November 2002, 11:13 PM
I believe that this board will support up to PIII 933...do you know? I have friend that I will put in touch here tonight if he likes the idea (I believe he will)

LostIt

Neo
7th November 2002, 11:21 PM
I really don't know. About the PIII 933. I known it will handle All PII. You could go with the celeron. It would be big jump for the 166.

Neo
8th November 2002, 01:30 PM
I did some research and it looks like PII 400 is the max according to Gateway. The name of the motherboard is Jabil Tabor Pentium II BX Motherboard . You might be able to find more on it.

LostIt
8th November 2002, 03:55 PM
SD,

I finally got ahold of him last night and he told me hes decided to go with new mobo...something like an Asus P4Pe that he can throw a 1.6 on it now, and a 3.x ghz cpu later as an upgrade when $ come down.

Sorry it didnt work out, and thanks for prompt corespondence. Best luck!

LostIt