PDA

View Full Version : Changing Multiplier with no mobo support

wilfwaterworth
20th October 2002, 03:41 AM
Hi there
id like to o/c my cpu but it wont boot over 145 (1815Mhz) even if i increase core voltage,so im looking for other ways of pushing it,,, but my motherboard doesnt support multiplier changing in the bios or by jumper...
do you know if there any other way of changing the multiplier by different combos of bridges on the cpu ?? im hoping to knock it up 0.5 so its like a 2100 at default FSB.
Also does any of you know if the AROIA stepping on my cpu is any good for o/c ing

Any info / links will be appreciated

Thanks ;)

dodgygeeeza
20th October 2002, 11:21 AM
please state make and model no. of mobo, as this would help a lot:rolleyes: btw the AROIA core is great for o/c;)

BigBen
20th October 2002, 11:22 AM
Hi,
If I remember correctly there is a way to do this (someone will point it out) but i would think the higher the multipler the lower you will be able to push the FSB ...... So it maybe better to actually go lower on the multiplier so that you can run the FSB well above hopefully what u can now for better bandwidth on the same overclock :)
Hope this is some help

Regards

bldegle2
20th October 2002, 02:26 PM
Hello, and welcome.

Read your manual, it has all the info you need to clock the CPU.

Your choices include FSB to 161, and there is a clock generator with jumpers located on the lower right of the board.

You must have an UNLOCKED chip to take advantage of the X's.

Voltage choices for the CPU include a +5% and a +10% for clocking.

Good luck.

BTW, I don't own one of these boards, I got the info from just reading the manual with the Arcobat Reader from the info at their website.

baldy:cool:

MrP
20th October 2002, 05:18 PM
Hullo,

there are 4 possible answers to this question, it just depends on how much you want multiplier adjustment

1.buy a new motherboard with multiplier adjustment

2.go to http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html and have a play with the painting guides and then see if you fancy trying it. the only thing against this is that you might have to "blow" some of the bridges on your chip

3.go to http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=37&t=000595 and read how to make a multimod. You have to make it yourself and you need good soldering skills, but it allows you to change the multiplier with some dip switches

4. see if you can find someone selling a "golden socket" Polycon in america sold them for a while, its basically a new socket that plugs into the socket on your board and allows multiplier adjustment that way

hope thats of some help to you

toodles :xsofa:

Dewill
20th October 2002, 07:38 PM
Hi Wilf
Only prob I can see is your board only goes to 12.5 on the multiplier.
If you unlock your chip, and then underclock IE DROP THE MUITIPLIER DOWN, you may be able to push the FSB higher.

You will need to unlock your chip tho, or get somebody to do it for you. Take a look in the FAQ section on unlocking an XP.

Jed ;)