PDA

View Full Version : Printer question

Meadmaker
15th October 2002, 02:40 AM
Hi Folks,

Hopefully you can help me. I have a HP Laserjet IIIP printer networked on to my home fleet, and when I tried to print out some docs yesterday, I got the following error message displayed on the printer LCD display:

52 Error.

I tried resetting it, but when I tried to run a print test, it returned the same error message.

As I bought this printer second-hand, I have no manual, so I've no idea what this means. I would be grateful if anyone who is familiar with this printer could tell me what I need to do to correct it.

TIA.

Meady.

bubbadog
15th October 2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Meadmaker
Hi Folks,

Hopefully you can help me. I have a HP Laserjet IIIP printer networked on to my home fleet, and when I tried to print out some docs yesterday, I got the following error message displayed on the printer LCD display:

52 Error.

I tried resetting it, but when I tried to run a print test, it returned the same error message.

As I bought this printer second-hand, I have no manual, so I've no idea what this means. I would be grateful if anyone who is familiar with this printer could tell me what I need to do to correct it.

TIA.

Meady.

Found this on the HP website (http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl04079.html)

52 ERROR

A temporary error has occurred. Power cycle the printer. On some models pressing the Continue button on the control panel will resume operation. If the error persists, it could indicate an issue with the scanning assembly. Contact your dealer or HP Service Technician.

Hope that helps!

Meadmaker
15th October 2002, 03:47 AM
Thanks Bubba. I never even thought to try HP's website! :o

Looks like it could be major (and expensive) then. :(

Mind you, I shouldn't complain. I've had it for four years, and I only paid 40 for it, so I reckon I've had my money's worth.

/Meady goes looking for a new one, CC in hand....