PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Jules
12th October 2002, 11:07 PM
..with questions....

Actually I have several, and I'm not sure where they should all go..but I'll try my best to put them in the right spots...

If I use play a CD in the player while I'm online...I lose my connection. Any ideas?

I'm running the system as indicated below, except for the xp2100..I seem to have maybe killed 2 of those in the last few weeks, I don't want to talk about it So, I'm presently using a Duron 850.

Thanks in advance

Ian Newson
13th October 2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Jules
..with questions....

Actually I have several, and I'm not sure where they should all go..but I'll try my best to put them in the right spots...

If I use play a CD in the player while I'm online...I lose my connection. Any ideas?

I'm running the system as indicated below, except for the xp2100..I seem to have maybe killed 2 of those in the last few weeks, I don't want to talk about it So, I'm presently using a Duron 850.

Thanks in advance

Well it sounds like Media player could be trying to download the CD cover etc using another connection possibly ( is your AOL account set to default? ).
Another thing it could be is your modem conflicting for some reason ? If its an internal (can't remember which one you are using ( the USRobotics internal ?)) it may be worth changing the slot its in.
The only other thing you could try is the usual thing of drivers (via 4in1 , soundcard driver and modem driver (although they arn't updated very often ( well at least by USRobotics))

Ian

Jules
13th October 2002, 04:33 PM
I've got an internal Intel V 92 modem in (counting from the bottom) 4th slot...sound card in bottom slot if that makes any difference