PDA

View Full Version : you MUST see this video!

speculative
5th October 2002, 06:48 PM
Lotus Esprit V8 w/sequential tranny... holy shazzbot this thing flies and is LOUD! This driver should've started at the FRONT instead of the BACK obviously!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :eek: :jawdrop:

http://clubb5.stealthx32.com/Assen-bmwSTW.wmv (The download time is worth it! This guy eats the Porches like they've got Ford Model-T engines!)

-speculative

^7_of_9
5th October 2002, 07:03 PM
Damn! That guy can really drive that thing.

4.6POWER
5th October 2002, 07:30 PM
he's eating them alive... and that thing is loud as heck!!

mackerel
5th October 2002, 07:58 PM
Wow, I never though I'd hear anything louder than a Delta fan but that is... what sort of rpm does that thing do?

TheGreystar
5th October 2002, 11:30 PM
Esprit V8!!! OMG, the car must have a power/weight ratio off the scale.

Class find.

G*

Bozo
6th October 2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ^7_of_9
Damn! That guy can really drive that thing.

Your not wrong ^7 that was some start the guy had, don't know how he made it through the pack as quick as he did :eek:

Really irritating listening to that whine, would hate to be subjected to it daily.

Gservo
6th October 2002, 12:29 AM
U think if i start beggin for donations to the Servo must have that car fund, i can get it???

^7_of_9
6th October 2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Gservo
U think if i start beggin for donations to the Servo must have that car fund, i can get it???

Can you drive as good as he does?

Ian Newson
6th October 2002, 12:41 AM

Maybe around 2180 AD :D

I must go and have a look around the lotus factory one day seeing as its so close :rolleyes:

mackerel
6th October 2002, 07:23 AM
Depending on the housing market, I think I can get an Elise as my next car. My mortgage tie in is over in two years, so if house prices haven't crashed then it'll be easy for me to remortgage and get the funds for an Elise - which I think is the best looking road car out there :) I haven't seriously looked yet, but I have no clue where to get one from (new). So where's the factory? :D

Ian Newson
6th October 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mackerel
......... So where's the factory? :D

Found info here (http://www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/south-norfolk/tourism.nsf/pages/activities.html)

Lotus Factory Tour
Hethel
Norwich NR14 8EZ

Ever wondered how Lotus manufacture the Elise? Lotus run an exclusive factory tour that takes in the Elise assembly process, from the bare chassis to the final quality inspection of the finished car. For an in-depth insight, further details or to book a place on the tour, simply call:- 01953 608547 Monday - Thursday from 8:15a.m - 5:15p.m and Friday 8:15a.m - 12:15 p.m, Or email Annette Lancaster on alancaster@lotuscars.co.uk

speculative
6th October 2002, 04:55 PM

:D

It would be awesome, however, to have a sequential tranny! I wonder if it could be done for around 5k-6k U.S.

I drove a sequential tranny for many years...
...on a tractor!
:lol:

-speculative

Fireblade
13th October 2002, 08:48 AM
hey Spec'... where did you find the video m8? The original link doesn't work for me now, and the URL (minus the Assen-bmw extension) doesn't work :confused:

Or you could maybe tell me where Windows (XP Home) downloads this sorta stuff by default - coz I've already downloaded it once :( I wanted to/hoped it would let me decide where I downloaded the file to, coz I've got a 'Downloads' folder specifically for... erm... downloads (:D), but it just started downloading automatically... to God knows where ('tain't in 'Downloaded Program Files')!?

speculative
14th October 2002, 02:35 AM
Hmm... Link appears dead - it was linked from a link on another site. If you used Windows Media Player to open it, there might be a trail from WMP to the file on your HD.

-spec

gypseyman
14th October 2002, 06:43 PM
So close and yet so far... still kaput. :(

Fireblade
14th October 2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by annihilator
Or you could maybe tell me where Windows (XP Home) downloads this sorta stuff by default - coz I've already downloaded it once :( I wanted to/hoped it would let me decide where I downloaded the file to, coz I've got a 'Downloads' folder specifically for... erm... downloads (:D), but it just started downloading automatically... to God knows where ('tain't in 'Downloaded Program Files')!? *bump*??