PDA

View Full Version : Rids, I got a bad one

Chelle
25th September 2002, 11:44 PM
I know you were going to PM me these instructions 'just in case' but maybe there's someone else here who doesn't know either, so might as well post it :)

My home machine seems to be hung up on conformer 1, so I know I have to shut down the client.. but I need to know where to delete the dud from.

The other 5 machines are clicking along fine... leave it to my little Pavilion to be a PITA ;)

Thanks in advance! :sunshine:

Rids
26th September 2002, 12:23 AM
Well as long as you've installed using the default settings the default path is this:

C:\Program Files\CommunityTSC\TSC\res\data\taskdata\structs :eek:

When you get there you will be greeted by a huge number of numbered directories. These are your cache and the numbers correspond to the first 4 digits of the unit you are currently running. If you open the client window you can see the number of the current candidate, take note of it and close the client down. Go back to the cache listing and open the one corresponding to the first four digits. Inside you will probably find several more directories, each with a different number. Select the one corresponding to the second 4 digits of the corrupt candidate and delete it.

All you have to do then is restart the client and it will continue with new work and replace the missing candidate from the server.

Chelle
26th September 2002, 01:53 AM
Got it, thankee :hug:

You were right, they do have that well buried :p

Rids
26th September 2002, 04:54 AM
Glad to be of assistance milady :)

/rids takes a bow :ithank: