PDA

View Full Version : New Soundblaster 'Audigy 2' launched!

Fireblade
23rd September 2002, 11:16 PM
Creative launched their new 'Soundblaster Audigy 2' sound card at their Singapore HQ today ;)

The lucky peeps at the VR-Zone (http://www.vr-zone.com/shows/Creative-Audigy2/) were fortunate enough t' be at the launch, and have posted a 7 page report - including some snazzy pics o' the new card :thumbsup:

Here's a snippet of their info... "Audigy 2 delivers up to eight times better clarity than host audio. The new Audigy 2 chip, premium quality 24-bit/192kHz Digital to Analog Converters (DACs), and a true 24-bit ADVANCED HD audio path ensure "hiss-free" audio fidelity and exceptional clarity of 106dB SNR.

The power of Audigy 2 processing enables full 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution in discrete 5.1 surround sound with playback of Windows Media Audio (WMA) 9 Professional, the Web's first digital 5.1 surround sound audio codec from the new Windows Media 9 Series" Whew! :p

I'm lookin' forward to it's release over here already :) 6.1 Channel Surround Sound in games sounds good t' me :D But here's sumthin' equally as excitin'...

"New game titles included :eek: with each Sound Blaster Audigy 2 that feature built-in EAX ADVANCED HD support are 'Hitman 2: Silent Assassin™' by Eidos Interactive Ltd and I/O Interactive... and 'Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix' by Activision, Inc. and Raven Software" :cool: