PDA

View Full Version : Missing stats

Rids
17th September 2002, 05:49 AM
For all those missing large chunks of their stats, read on...

All,

I have seen what chaos can occur when incorrect information, even a small amount of it, is made available in situations like these. This is why I do not like to post about issues, other than to let everybody know we are working on them, until I have a good understanding of what went wrong and how the problem can be fixed.

We know that a problem with both our statistics pages and updating routines have caused discrepancies in the statistics reported on our website. I believe that the figure is 2 days worth of returned results have not been credited on our external web pages. We are trying to find a solution that will allow us to correct this problem for all of your clients with the least amount of inconvenience to our users. We will need to regenerate each client’s statistics since last Wednesday and I believe this will result in some downtime for the project. I do not know exactly how long this will take and we are deciding on how best to do this so that no clients are left with empty queues.

As the returned results are the most important aspect of this project, I want to reassure everybody that we have not lost any of these results that have been returned to us returned to us even though they have not yet been credited correctly to your clients yet. Thank you all for your patience with this issue and thank you all for your feedback about this.

Ken

--------------------
Ken Weilbacher

Application Support
kweilbacher@sengent.com

Meadmaker
17th September 2002, 10:30 AM
At least they admit there's a problem, and they're trying to fix it.

Not like some projects I could mention....

Fireblade
17th September 2002, 11:24 AM
thanks fer the info Rids (and Ken) :thumbsup:

I fer one have been complaining in the C-S forums that I thought I hadn't been credited the correct amount of w/u's :rolleyes: I ain't nuthin' like in the same crunchin' league as you guys 'n' gals of course, so I've a lot less t' lose. But any missin' w/u's is a loss... not just to us as individuals, but for 'the cause' :(

However... I gotta agree wi' Meadmaker... it's darned decent of em t' let us all know that they're aware o' the problem/s, and are takin' steps t' remedy the situation, rather than try t' screen the fact. IMHO... that says a lot for em (doffs cap :D) :sunshine:

Rids
17th September 2002, 12:14 PM
Well they've had a rocky few days and it's pretty essential they calm the waters and luckily he seems savvy enough to know that he has to keep people informed. It's a fine line between giving the users the information they need and making promises they can't keep and judging by some of his other comments he realises that.
There again, he is from Sengent, so he's not exactly inexperienced and if one thing has become apparent over the last couple of years, a DC project runs a lot smoother if the people at the helm are willing to communicate with the users.

Rids
17th September 2002, 04:58 PM
Yes, we did get down to and correct the basic cause of the problems which had mainly to do with some of our log files growing out of control and then causing much bigger problems in other areas.

--------------------
Ken Weilbacher

Application Support
kweilbacher@sengent.com

Seems they were working all weekend trying to sort the problems out and not as some people thought "having the weekend off" :)
I do like the way they are interacting with the users, very reminiscent of DF :thumbsup:

Chelle
18th September 2002, 04:29 AM
Well, I wasn't getting my knickers in a twist :smokin:

Rids
18th September 2002, 06:35 AM
yes but did you get your thong in a tangle? :eek: :lol:

Chelle
18th September 2002, 12:11 PM
No, but you did :roflmao:

Rids
18th September 2002, 12:25 PM
I got your thing in a tangle? :eek:
I'm sorry but I'm not in the habit of wearing women's clothing, well not to work anyway :p

Jules
18th September 2002, 12:29 PM
:scratch: Rids wears a thong? :eek:

Rids
18th September 2002, 12:32 PM
oops, yes, I mean no, should have said thong not thing, oh hell!!! :eek:

/rids grabs shovel and digs deep hole :lol:

Chelle
18th September 2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Rids
I got your thing in a tangle? :eek:
What thing would that be? ;)

Rids
18th September 2002, 02:13 PM
ummmm :blush:
Nuffin dear, was a typo :lol:

/digs even deeper and starts burying self

Chelle
18th September 2002, 02:20 PM
Well, cos there's just so many things that you're capable of tangling... it's hard to know which :D

Rids
18th September 2002, 02:32 PM
/rids hears what chelle says :confused:

/rids thinks :scratch:

/rids digs his way back out of said hole :cunning:

/rids chases chelle around a bit (it's traditional and fun ok) :angel: :hammer:
/rids takes wodger and applies to chelle's bottom :spank:

/rids wanders off whistling a happy (if out of tune) song :lol:

Rids
18th September 2002, 02:41 PM
Forgot to add...

/rids runs away very quickly :roflmao:

Chelle
18th September 2002, 02:41 PM
I rest my case :smokin:

:D

Rids
18th September 2002, 02:42 PM
and a very nice one it is too :p

Rids
18th September 2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Chelle
Well, cos there's just so many things that you're capable of tangling... it's hard to know which :D
Play nice or I'll wag my finger :tsk:

Chelle
18th September 2002, 03:23 PM
You just put that thing away! :o

Rids
18th September 2002, 04:17 PM
:xfool: *grudgingly returns finger to holster* :xpout: