PDA

View Full Version : Wheaton Cut From Nemesis

Gservo
23rd August 2002, 01:40 AM
Wil Wheaton confirmed on his official Web site that his scene has been cut out of the upcoming Star Trek: Nemesis movie. Wheaton had shot a scene in which he reprised his Star Trek: The Next Generation role of Wesley Crusher.

Wheaton said that Trek executive producer Rick Berman personally delivered the bad news to him, saying that the scene was cut as part of 48 minutes of editorial trims to shorten the Nemesis rough cut's nearly three-hour running time.

Wheaton was philosophical about the cut scene. "The great thing is, I got to spend two wonderful days being on Star Trek again, working with the people I love, wearing the uniform that I missed, and I got to re-connect with you, the cast and the fans," Wheaton said he told Berman. "Nobody can take that away from me." Nemesis opens Dec. 13.

The Therion
1st September 2002, 09:54 PM
Maybe the deleted scenes will be in the dvd hopefully...

Squeaky
1st September 2002, 09:59 PM
nooo Therion...maybe we can hope to have seen the last of Wesley Crusher :D

Fallguy
2nd September 2002, 07:45 PM
Yes,
please let this be the end of Wesley "Irritating as Hell" Crusher. Not that I have anything against Will Wheaton, I wish the bloke every success. But Mr Crusher was one of the more irritating characters around...

Fallguy

The Therion
5th September 2002, 01:13 AM
Yes he was,especially in the first seasons BUT , his character is connected to another very intresting character ,the Traveller.And Wheaton's character left the series by going with the Traveller .

So if he was to return he would be quite a different person,and it could be intresting (mind powers etc).

If not, then i dont care that he isnt in ;)

zeke
5th September 2002, 01:46 PM
Wheaton said that Trek executive producer Rick Berman personally delivered the bad news to him, saying that the scene was cut as part of 48 minutes of editorial trims to shorten the Nemesis rough cut's nearly three-hour running time.

Sounds like he miscalculated the space-time-energy factor! :D
Seriously tho, I would have liked to see what they could have done with the traveller angle too Therion.

The Therion
5th September 2002, 11:00 PM
Nice avatar.
Eye Of The Beholder fan ?

zeke
5th September 2002, 11:09 PM
http://www.chowtron.com/1a.jpeg

:D

Nice avatar. Thanks eh.

Eye Of The Beholder fan ? Never heard of that

The Therion
5th September 2002, 11:54 PM
LOL : maybe he should change that nerdy haircut :p

Eye Of the Beholder was an old RPG game for Amiga and PC286 computers.
Actually the best RPG of that time.

Anyway the most dangerous foes in that game were the "Beholdrs" .Creatures that looked just like your avatar...but more slobbery,dirty,ugly and disgusting.They had magical powers and could instantly kill members of your team.

Squeaky
6th September 2002, 03:32 PM
which is nice..

The Therion
6th September 2002, 04:55 PM
Nice for a pet huh? ...killer pet ....which is always usefull if its loyal to you alone :D

^7_of_9
8th September 2002, 04:40 PM
I too was hoping for a traveller plot when I first saw that Wheaton was cast again.Now by the looks of it we will never get to see what ever became of Wesley once he joined the Traveller that day when the big Cardassian/Federation skirmish first started....

Maybe they will bring him back in the next DS9 movie?

I'm kinda of curios as to what rols Kate Mulgrew is gonna play in Nemesis (Yes I know Janeway you smart aleks)

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that Romoulan they made contact with through the Space Time rift in Voyager where they beamed him over to VOyager from the Alpha Quad. only to find out he was from e past and died before they left on their travels.
We do after all know it's a Romulan plot because Romulus and Remus are both featured as the cover underneath ion the talons of the Bird of Prey.

^7_of_9
8th September 2002, 04:47 PM
ok NOW what I'm really curiuos to know is why in the HELL is Data reactivating LORE of all people .....
The movie looks like it's going to be great so far. If they keep up with the schedueled release date of the 18th I'm giving myself a B-Day present :D

USS Final Frontier
9th September 2002, 09:31 PM
The Sad loss in this is we may also loose Wesleys new screen wife : Ensign Robin Lefler AKA Ashley Judd... Reports have not confirmed if she is cut as well.

The Therion
11th September 2002, 12:13 AM
7 of 9 : sshhh i havent seen the Voyager series !

In any case they will surely try to make it comprenhensible to all viewers.

And also SSHHH about the ST X spoilers ! (Lore etc)

Its hard enough for me not to click the link that will bring me the web page with all the info on the new film ! :D

Dont cut out Ashley Jugg...i mean .. Judd :D

^7_of_9
11th September 2002, 12:21 AM
Then I won't mention the part that shows Data and Troi getting married ...
oops too late! :rolleyes:

(Something about Data being more of a man than Riker will ever be is what she said I think :D )

USS Final Frontier
11th September 2002, 05:41 PM
tut! tut! that's still half a clue :D

^7_of_9
11th September 2002, 06:21 PM
Well I could always mention the bedroom scene with Riker and LaForge ....

The Therion
13th September 2002, 10:39 PM
Sex Trek ? !

zeke
18th September 2002, 11:21 PM
(Something about Data being more of a man than Riker will ever be is what she said I think )

Well he is fully functional you know...

Remember the episode when Data tried to have a relationship with one of the crew? That must have been the saddest one. I feel Brent Spiner should receive an emmy or whatever awards they give out for tv acting for that show. He is without a doubt, in my mind anyways, the best actor in all the star trek series. :)

^7_of_9
18th September 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by zeke

Well he is fully functional you know...

Remember the episode when Data tried to have a relationship with one of the crew? That must have been the saddest one. I feel Brent Spiner should receive an emmy or whatever awards they give out for tv acting for that show. He is without a doubt, in my mind anyways, the best actor in all the star trek series. :)

Lt. Tasha Yar. Chief of Secturity. Was a copy cat episode from TOS where everyone was "drunk" from some kind of infection. They just managed to create a cure JUST before the asteroid smashed them to smithereens.

Wesley Crushers little "toy" bought them a few seconds of extra time while Data put the Isolinear Chips back into their proper places.

(Hmmm I think I remember that and every other episode way too much.)

zeke
19th September 2002, 01:10 PM
Actually Seven, thats not the episode that I was thinking of. The female was a guest star and her husband had just died. In the end, she left him (and of course he wasn't bothered by it at all) and the show ends with him petting Spot. Very sad because of the complete lack of emotion. :(

CyberdynSystems
21st September 2002, 05:32 AM
Zeke, I remeber that one,... and your right, that was one of Data's finest hours.

My other favorite Data episode, I can barely remeber, .. saw it the first season, haven't seen it since, so what 1988 or 1989??

Some funky thing has effected all the crew, (as usual) and evryone is useless, (as usual) but since Data isn't human he is the only one that is immune. At the last possible cliff hanging moment, he steps off the turbo lift onto the bridge with this funky blinking flashlight thingy, and that cures everyone he shines it on.

Sounds stupid here, but it was a great episode and one of the first in the series to really focus on Data.

jema
21st September 2002, 07:38 AM
I think Brent Spiner had many great episodes, show what an brillient actor he can be. Remember the multiple personalities episode?

As for wesley, I awlays recall the newsgroup alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die :D

jema

Bozo
21st September 2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jema
As for wesley, I awlays recall the newsgroup alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die :D

jema

A little harsh perhaps, dont't think he was that bad.

Off topic a little turns out he is a bit of a linux fan "the rebel in him" when his PC went down some fans sent him a replacement...so some people like him.

^7_of_9
21st September 2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CyberdynSystems
Zeke, I remeber that one,... and your right, that was one of Data's finest hours.

My other favorite Data episode, I can barely remeber, .. saw it the first season, haven't seen it since, so what 1988 or 1989??

Some funky thing has effected all the crew, (as usual) and evryone is useless, (as usual) but since Data isn't human he is the only one that is immune. At the last possible cliff hanging moment, he steps off the turbo lift onto the bridge with this funky blinking flashlight thingy, and that cures everyone he shines it on.

Sounds stupid here, but it was a great episode and one of the first in the series to really focus on Data.

Attempted take over by aliens just off the Port Bow. Was a game that took over and brainwashed everyones mind when they played. Episode was mainly on Wesley Crusher, Data, and Robyn Leffler. Wesley managed to reactivate Data after Beverley, Riker and Laforge cut one of his neural links so he couldn't be reactivated too easily
(Argh I remember too may episodes!)

Fallguy
21st September 2002, 01:32 PM
Heh,
I always remember that episode of The Outer Limits (I think it was anyway) where Mr Crusher (well, Will Wheaton) has to deploy a planet busting bomb. He kinda screws it up a little... ;)

Fallguy

zeke
23rd September 2002, 02:45 AM
I think Brent Spiner had many great episodes, show what an brillient actor he can be. Remember the multiple personalities episode?

There was more than one multiple personality episodes I believe.

I remember something about "Mousaka" and the ship being transformed.

Attempted take over by aliens just off the Port Bow. Was a game that took over and brainwashed everyones mind when they played. Episode was mainly on Wesley Crusher, Data, and Robyn Leffler. Wesley managed to reactivate Data after Beverley, Riker and Laforge cut one of his neural links so he couldn't be reactivated too easily

Was that when Riker brought home that game from Riza. It went on there heads and when you got the "horns" to suck in the objects it gave sexual pleasure. :)

^7_of_9
23rd September 2002, 02:58 AM

Was that when Riker brought home that game from Riza. It went on there heads and when you got the "horns" to suck in the objects it gave sexual pleasure. :)

That's the one!

Don't forget when Dr. Ira Graves inserted his personality over top of Data's when he died ....

"To know him is to love him. To love him is to know him. Those who knew him, Loved Him. Those who loved him, Knew Him" I wonder how many takes it took Brent to say those lines w/o laughing.

jema
23rd September 2002, 11:50 AM

That was the one :) Brent Spiner takes on a range of personallities derived from the menu at the local Greek takeaway :D

Data is actually one of my least favorite trek characters, I think there is an inherant problem about making an emotionless character interesting, and my feeling is that the script writers get stuck on this and that the scripts make Data change from one episode to the next, just how emotionless he is :(

My favorite episodes are the Klingon ones, though does anyone else think that whilst Worf is to be excused that fact that he can't hack it as Klingon mentally, he is also physically totally different from the way thay cast other Klingons? Actually one thing I have never worked out about Kingons is the exact age at whcih they magically transform the Klingon model (1) Tall lankey, into model (2) short fat Hagar the horrible?

jema

zeke
23rd September 2002, 05:49 PM
I should make a pic of first season worf and last season worf, side by side. He started out looking kinda wimpy but by the end, I think they had him looking great.

^7_of_9
23rd September 2002, 05:58 PM
He put on some weight after the first season or two and started to look better once they had that weight on him with the bigger chest and arms as well. He looked more fierce than before.

jema
23rd September 2002, 06:51 PM
He looked pretty good in his own right, but I would still say pretty different from the standard Klingon cast member...

jema

The Therion
23rd September 2002, 10:02 PM
I think that was intentional to some point.

Spiner's character was intresting because of who he was,and intresting for Spiner to meet this challenge.After all,as he has said in interviews, he is not a Star Trek fan at all.

JDErickson
23rd September 2002, 10:22 PM
And remember Wesley always had the best looking girlfriends.

Who was the chick that turned into light or something?

Squeaky
23rd September 2002, 10:27 PM
just another reason to hate the little git :D

^7_of_9
23rd September 2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JDErickson
And remember Wesley always had the best looking girlfriends.

Who was the chick that turned into light or something?

Shapeshifter. That was her natural form. Helluva lot nicer looking than that ugly beast her caretaker turned into! :eek: