PDA

View Full Version : Darn it!

Fallguy
7th July 2002, 08:13 PM
Well,
as some of you may have noticed the NanoWilbury has not been crunching at exactly full power just recently..... (OK, so some of you may not have noticed, but thats cos Nanobot has put some serious horsepower behind it). Suffice to say my fleet has not been crunching DF for around a week.... :(

My problem is that I have been away when the change over occurs, in fact I am away with work most of the week. Unfortunatly it appears I have done too much of a good job, and my employer is considering using me to work away from home considerably more. Basically this means I won't be able to change over, and barring 2 days of the week (Sat and Sun), my fleet can't contribute to DF for at least the forseeable future..... :(

Anyone know a way around this? I am on dial-up with a 28.8kbps modem connection to 1 PC (of 4), and the ISP automatically disconnects after 2 to 3 hours of continuous connection (you would not BELIEVE how irritating this can be).

My fleet is not idling by any stretch of the imagination, but I would rather be crunching DF if there is a way to do it.....

Fallguy

Rids
8th July 2002, 09:57 AM
Wish I could think of a way around it, would save me around 12 hours (x 4CPUs) of downtime every week :(
I'm stuck on dial up at home and generally just have to shut the clients down on a Tuesday morning rather than see them wasting time crunching data that won't be accepted = a real PITA :mad:

Tweety
10th July 2002, 07:25 PM
Add me to the choir (spelling???) I have similar problems...