29th June 2002, 08:37 AM
Hey bubba, dont tell Mak about it but IGTE-M :D

Rag

Makatiel
29th June 2002, 01:03 PM
Why so no tell?

Ragnarog
29th June 2002, 02:23 PM
Its sekret! You know.. thwacker-first thwacking relationship etc etc... ;)

Rag

bubbadog
29th June 2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ragnarog
Its sekret! You know.. thwacker-first thwacking relationship etc etc... ;)

Rag

:kisses:

You'll always be special because you were my first, Rag! ;)

Makatiel
29th June 2002, 04:17 PM
First? Thwack? Private Conversation? What in the world? ;) ;)

siggy
29th June 2002, 11:02 PM
You should have been here for it Makatiel. You missed it, and you just can not replay the FIRST time. :hug:

bubbadog
29th June 2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by siggy
You should have been here for it Makatiel. You missed it, and you just can not replay the FIRST time. :hug:

I dunno, Siggy...with this bunch,I keep waiting for the video to turn up on ebay! :rofl:

siggy
30th June 2002, 12:27 AM
Well I really thought Rags was a gentleman ;) It would really ruin his image if the tape got out. ;)

bubbadog
30th June 2002, 12:41 AM
My image, however, would not be affected! ;)

Ragnarog
30th June 2002, 12:52 AM
Keep it nice ladies, keep it nice :cunning:

Rag

Makatiel
30th June 2002, 02:24 AM
Hrmmm.. First E-Bay and then mainstream at Walmart.. ;)

Which what thwack spanking who Vanilla Coke!!

ladyshya
30th June 2002, 05:26 PM
Well atleast there aren't any smurfs in here...

damn I just put them in..

Makatiel
30th June 2002, 09:34 PM
Which Vanila Coke smurf went to get some thwack from the corner of nothing and coaster ally?

Ragnarog
30th June 2002, 10:09 PM
Oh jeez, someone hand me a good dictionary....

Rag

Jules
30th June 2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Ragnarog
Oh jeez, someone hand me a good dictionary....

Rag

I don't think a dictionary will work Rag, it's a state of mind, and thank goodness I'm not quite there :p

Makatiel
1st July 2002, 12:31 AM
State of mind mountain dew lost salem with small sudafed NyQuil tablets and a bit of molded bread.

siggy
1st July 2002, 11:44 AM
Yes NyQuil will do that to you every time. :D

Makatiel
1st July 2002, 10:47 PM
Funny little bar coaster Midrin NyQuil stain with Ferric Chloride on top and interactive smoking of white pages phone book.

bubbadog
1st July 2002, 11:09 PM
Dnar honey, would you please medicate Makatiel?

Jules
1st July 2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by bubbadog

No way! If Dnar is gonna share his goods, I better be the first recipient! Lord knows I need something :p

Makatiel
1st July 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by bubbadog

Little fluffy clouds floating throgh hot blue tea with smurfmallows.. Prozac dreaming of small tiny green papers with pink elephants embossed lightly..

Makatiel
1st July 2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jules

No way! If Dnar is gonna share his goods, I better be the first recipient! Lord knows I need something :p

Nice good drugs sleepy nite go away slightly not bothered minor breathing alergies with a bit of humidity...

NickBrownsFan
2nd July 2002, 12:37 AM
Now my brain hurts must catch up quickly for better understand :gulp: :D

Makatiel
2nd July 2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by NickBrownsFan
Now my brain hurts must catch up quickly for better understand :gulp: :D

Catching tail no understanding of sleep and kicking you and Jerry Springer and flying chair with Pee Wee and a quart of maple syrup.

Rids
2nd July 2002, 08:29 AM
What the hell is that (or most of the previous page) supposed to mean??? :rolleyes:

/nightstick twitches impatiently

Ragnarog
2nd July 2002, 08:39 AM
Prolly nothing, lets dump this thread, its gone on long enough I think :)

Rag

Makatiel
2nd July 2002, 10:51 AM
Awwww, come on now.. One has to be priveleged to trail on nonsense once in a while..

That is what happens when you type allowing no concious thought to occur during your typing. Whatever happens to be on your mind just kinda spills out and it really tends to confuse people...

Jules
2nd July 2002, 11:11 AM
/Puts on moderators hat

I have no desire to to rain on anyone's parade, or stand in the way of anyone having a good time. I do, however, feel that the mind numbing nonsense has gotten out of hand.

I think we've all worked hard to get 3DHQ to be taken seriously. While we're never going to be one the most serious boards out there....I would like see us maintain some sense of intelligence.

If posts need to be made with "no concious thought" done with the intent to try to confuse people..may I suggest we do so on the humor board.

dnar
2nd July 2002, 12:14 PM
IMHO, a lot of the daily "banter" that is shared on this BB would be better said using IRC or ICQ... This BB has a lot of members now, and even I am finding it hard to keep up when each day I visit and find like 80 threads to catch up on...

My 2 cents.

Rids
2nd July 2002, 12:22 PM
Well said that Ozzy :thumbsup:

Talon
2nd July 2002, 12:28 PM
I agree. Although I have come to love the "light-heartedness" that this DC team has over other boards, we do indeed get out of hand with the "frivolous" posting. I was going to suggest that we keep the banter to the humor or off topic forums myself, but I am glad that the moderators thought of it first. Of course we want everyone to have a good time, but just try to remember that we have members who are stictly here to crunch, and just want to catch up on the daily info, and quickly at that...

Thanks for understanding guys and gals .

Talon

data
2nd July 2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Talon
I agree. Although I have come to love the "light-heartedness" that this DC team has over other boards, we do indeed get out of hand with the "frivolous" posting. I was going to suggest that we keep the banter to the humor or off topic forums myself, but I am glad that the moderators thought of it first. Of course we want everyone to have a good time, but just try to remember that we have members who are stictly here to crunch, and just want to catch up on the daily info, and quickly at that...

Thanks for understanding guys and gals .

Talon

i would not have believed this unless i had read it with my own eye - is this finally going to be for real so we can now have a DF forum for what its all about in the old way with all the fun and facts that was respected - hope so and if so i will come back more often and maybe even resurect the daily progress report

regards to you Talon

Chelle
2nd July 2002, 02:21 PM
Well said Jules, dnar and Talon. I agree. I love that we have such a personal group and we're able to have fun and share things with each other (even hangovers ;))... it's a bright spot in my otherwise tedious workday. I consider us all part of a big family.

I've been guilty of flippant posting myself.. but I usually try to keep it confined to posts I start myself for such purpose and intent. It gives everyone else the option of whether they want to read/partake or not...especially if they're having a busy day and time is limited, and we all have days/weeks like that.

I just don't want to see anyone's feathers ruffled. I hope everyone understands what we're trying to say without feeling slighted. We want to be considerate to ALL our members here.

ps, Data... daily progress reports, oooh, pretty please! I'll be a good girl, promise!! :D :angel:

Jules
2nd July 2002, 02:31 PM
ps, Data... daily progress reports, oooh, pretty please! I'll be a good girl, promise!!

:nod: Me too!! :angel:

Makatiel
2nd July 2002, 10:41 PM
Awwww.. Ok.. I'll be good...

I do get out of hand on occasion because I have to wear the moderator hat over on OverclockersForum.Com and weed through 600 or so posts a day. When I come over here I kinda just let the nonsense loose and sometimes I get a little too wild with it. hehe

*Slaps hand* Bad.. Very Bad... :)

siggy
3rd July 2002, 11:50 AM
And I was just thinking that this place was starting to liven up again.

I think I will just take my marbles and go home.

May you all find peace where ever life leads you. :hug:

Rids
3rd July 2002, 12:14 PM
Sorry you feel that way Siggy but what you need to remember is that this is actually a support forum for Team 3DHQ and therefore has to have some degree of sense about it as some of our members take DF very seriously. We try to cater for everybody but now and again the balance is lost and we have to try and restore the equilibrium - this I believe has been done, without bloodshed or anyone getting upset may I add. We are merely trying to retain a focus on the project most of us are running and believe in, this does not mean we don't want to have fun - we most certainly do!!! :)

If this project is not for you Siggy and you no longer wish to visit, then I wish you all the best and bid you a sad farewell :wave:

Makatiel
3rd July 2002, 12:16 PM
Well, I think it has livened up. I think they just want us to try to contain the extreme nonsense to the off topic and humor forums.

What I did above was a bit extreme in that not only did it not make sense but it did cause a greater amount of confusion. (Fortunately I picked a good thread to do it in)

Jules
3rd July 2002, 01:21 PM
Siggy, like I said before, no one wants to see the lightheartedness and closeness that we all share be dampened. I love that we can be us here....But I do feel there is a place for everything. The Humor and the Off Topic boards are perfect real utter nonsense.

Sorry you feel you need to "take your marbles and go home". Good luck on your journey.

Chelle
3rd July 2002, 02:05 PM
Mak, thanks for understanding :hug:

Siggy.. I wish you wouldn't leave. I truly enjoy having you here with us. Rids is right, above all this is the project's support forum, and I don't think any of us here is adverse to having a little fun, with the main focus still on the project. Having visited several other DF forums over the last few months I can honestly say we have an exceptional group of people here. If I were joining a team for the very first time and looked at all the teams in the top 5, this would unequivocally be my 1st choice.

wyles
4th July 2002, 02:52 AM
Heya siggy....wasnt this a better way to handle it than arbitrarily docking 100 or so posts? I'm sure Mak will agree.....we are more lax on posting than TGC, but not an outlet. You understood when this happened at TGC, please understand here.

There is the "4 words" thread which is great for those wanting to up the post count, but mebee we should start a silly thread (the seti forum pops one up occassionally) - its well labelled and no-one reading it can squark about its contents.

Maybe its time for Makatiels Place to reopen??????

would this sort of thing be okay with admins etc??

Rids
4th July 2002, 03:32 AM
Sounds ideal Wylie, got nothing against a bit of silliness as can be seen in many of the threads here and a thread specifically for that purpose would be fine. :thumbsup:

dnar
4th July 2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by siggy
And I was just thinking that this place was starting to liven up again.

I think I will just take my marbles and go home.

??? :confused: ???

Women, can;t live with them, can't live with them...:p

Awwww, come on Ann, you can put up one doilie on the TV if you like. ;)

(damn, I feel guilty now, during "post-whore-101" I was siggy's teacher...)

Mak - You do realise we may have to ALL visit http://www.overclockersforum.com and post like mad for revenge??? :p :rolleyes: :p

Makatiel
7th July 2002, 04:59 PM
Hahaha. Go right ahead, there are already a TON of posts every day.. A few more posts wont make the workload that much more difficult to handle.. ;)