PDA

View Full Version : The OCN boarding party has been cancelled :grin:

dnar
17th June 2002, 01:11 AM
THREAD PREFACE:- This thread was started as a place for the OCN boarding party to post and "taunt" 3DHQ members. OCN never actually overtook 3DHQ since Data returned with his work credits. This thread is also missing posts originally made by Lara of OCN, it appears she accidently leant on her delete button....
-------------------------------------------------

You bunch of maggot-infested-sheep-shagging-rum-swirling-good-for-nothing-low-down-pillow-biting-ocean-going-dogs gunna come and mount our ship or what? Scared we might actually give you a verbal battle you can't handle? Or do you have to wait for mommy to let you out? :evil groin:

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 01:18 AM
/looking around the room

Has anyone seen Dnar's medication?

dnar
17th June 2002, 01:50 AM
Whoops, forgot the threat linkage (http://www.piratefleet.com/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=006448) :blush:

Chelle
17th June 2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by dnar
Whoops, forgot the threat linkage (http://www.piratefleet.com/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=006448) :blush:

Oooh, thems be fightin' words :scared:

:ninja: BRING 'EM ON :ninja:

Jules
17th June 2002, 03:07 AM
:xohyes: Alrighty then!

Should I leave the lid on the Smirnoff tonight ;)

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 03:09 AM
:xwtf: is their problem?

I'm ready; got the tranquilizer dart gun ready to go!

Chelle
17th June 2002, 03:17 AM
No no bubbaloo, we wanna play with them first, and it just won't do if they're all tranquilized and flopping about. Where's the fun in that?

How about a little taunting? :D

:booty: :thefinger :banana: :booty: :thefinger :banana:

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 03:22 AM
Well, in that case, I'm hormonal and out of Midol...bring 'em on!:D

Jules
17th June 2002, 03:25 AM
:moon: :bbanana: :moon: :bbanana: :moon: :bbanana: :moon: :bbanana:

Oh come on now...I think this calls for the big banana :nod:

Billy_Bat
17th June 2002, 03:47 AM
Wow! I hope I never get you ladies mad at me! Growing up with 5 sisters seems a little tame compared to this. Those pirated are in for a surprise!
Good Luck from TGC (http://thegenomecollective.com)
BB

Rids
17th June 2002, 03:53 AM
alrighty, I see the bananas are out in force :D

Chelle
17th June 2002, 04:09 AM
We got bananas and midol. What more do we need? :D

Just as long as I don't break a nail, then there will be some bloodshed! :p

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:11 AM
They gotsta wait for their mommies to let them come out and play. My bet, Lara has been grounded for swear werds. :pokes tongue:

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Lara
And my fleet-mates thought *I* was bitchy!

I'm not bitchy, I'm hormonally challenged

PREPARE TO BE BOARDED, 3D HQ!

I don't think your allowance will support the fees associated with that (Translation: Ask Mommy for a raise in your allowance!)

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:20 AM
Yawn.

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:30 AM
I'm just bitchy.

And you might be surprised what my allowance will support... :p
Not bad for post #2, but you'll have to do better than that to get noticed around here! :p

Chelle
17th June 2002, 04:32 AM
Ah, well sorry to spoil your boarding party :p ya didn't expect us to roll over did ya? :D

You might take us over in the stats, but we won't be taunted shamelessly :D

:ninja:

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 04:36 AM
How about shamefully? Can you be taunted shamefully?

Well, if you feel the need to shame yourself, knock your lights out! :rofl:

Jules
17th June 2002, 04:37 AM
YAWN

Dnar hon, are you snoring again?

Chelle
17th June 2002, 04:38 AM
How about shamefully? Can you be taunted shamefully?
Not even ;)

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:43 AM
Hey! I'm rather good at it - and my momma always told me "honey, if you're good at something, you should just do it."
Yeah, but she didn't actually mean stuff like making an absolute fool of yourself... :rolleyes:

Jules
17th June 2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by bubbadog

Well, if you feel the need to shame yourself, knock your lights out! :rofl:

Now bubba, you can see it's not a need so much as just being as good as it gets:rolleyes:

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:48 AM
Don't forget people, to keep this party fair, only users that have personally owned processors can participate. :D :D :D :p :D :D :D

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:49 AM
Naw. I'm much better at making an incomplete fool of myself...
I bit like product design yes? Always room for improvement. :D

Jules
17th June 2002, 04:50 AM
Naw. I'm much better at making an incomplete fool of myself...

Now don't go selling yourself short:rolleyes:

Jules
17th June 2002, 04:54 AM
No such thing as fair. Last I checked - I don't need to handicap anyone, Dnar. http://www.ninjamicros.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thefinger.gif http://www.ninjamicros.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thefinger.gif http://www.ninjamicros.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/thefinger.gif

Dang Dnar...she used three flipy off guys...I think she just might mean it:o

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:56 AM
Maybe no one else from OCN has show up because they're not interested in any ship with so little production?;)
Yeah, that must be it. (I beleive, you even if noboddy else does). ;)

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Jules

Dang Dnar...she used three flipy off guys...I think she just might mean it:o
That's a little excesive don't you think? But then again, this is Lara Croft! Not just some flee infested pirate! :D :D

dnar
17th June 2002, 05:01 AM
I do everything excessively. Never had complaints from guys before, Dnar. Just 'cause *you* can't handle it.
Oh I can *handle* it. :wink: BTW, did you manage to chat with Randreh in IRC yet?

Chelle
17th June 2002, 05:04 AM
Ok, not shamelessly and not shamefully. How *do* you want to be taunted then? Need to establish this so I can do a good job of it - since it looks like I'm all alone... [pout]
Well, you can attempt to do it any way you like... any degree of success however is debatable :D

dnar
17th June 2002, 05:08 AM
Bring it on Lara [nod] andyway you like it [grin] and we shall rate your performance [grin].

PS, how did the OCN PC building party at your place go? I would have liked to be there, but it's an awefull long way to the USA...

Chelle
17th June 2002, 05:08 AM
Maybe no one else from OCN has show up because they're not interested in any ship with so little production?;)
I'd wager $50 (pre-tax) that they just wanted to sit back and watch the 'Traveling Jodie Show :D

:clap:

dnar
17th June 2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Chelle

Well, you can attempt to do it any way you like... any degree of success however is debatable :D
Don't get her too angry, she owns a 50 cal gun, and can pop quarters at 6000 yards. :rolleyes:

dnar
17th June 2002, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Chelle

I'd wager $50 (pre-tax) that they just wanted to sit back and watch the 'Traveling Jodie Show :D

:clap:
You think? :confused:

I bet my money, they are having their evil ways with the sheep, now that Lara is away ... :eek:

dnar
17th June 2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Rids
alrighty, I see the bananas are out in force :D
Yup, our fellow fem's have itchy trigger fingers... :rolleyes:

For those that have not yet met Lara, this is a picy of her taken in 2000:

dnar
17th June 2002, 07:37 AM
We can't forget a picture of Lara's Sheep-dog.

What have you been doing to that dog Lara? On second thought, I don't want to know... :eek:

wbierman
17th June 2002, 09:23 AM
Brillant dnar... and your doctors kept you alive for... what was that reason again? Something to do with mercy...

Did you leave the collective on your own accord or were you shown the borgie pet door?

Where the hell am I anyway? Boarding party??? Boarding what? Nothing to board here but that pimp dnar!! Are these the only ponies in your stable bro? Damn I had better send a check pronto, otherwise you and your family are in deep dodo... Hey, you still got those hot pink fishnet stockings? You had the pirates drooling the last time you came aboard in drag...

Don't be a stranger....

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 10:18 AM
have we been boarded ?? I didnt feel a thing!

Very cute doggie though, and that little sheep headed mutt was kinda nice also.

(what? you were expecting something subtle and non-cliched from me?)

Are we expecting more of them? Two does not a boarding party make!

Actually, wbierman, I'd be interested in knowing more about Dnars fishnet stockings (my own personal interest you understand - he's such an attractive chap) - it prolly as close to a real woman as the peglegs get (going by the sample we've seen so far)

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 10:20 AM

I'll pop back in in a few hours. Maybe by then Dnar will have learned how to use his image-editor.

You mean thats not you :(

dnar
17th June 2002, 11:33 AM

I'll pop back in in a few hours. Maybe by then Dnar will have learned how to use his image-editor.
Why would I want to do that? Besides, I am far too busy keeping my cardboard boxes running. :D

If this is a sign of what's to come, I can't wait until MacNuggets overtake and mount us... Anything has to be better than this, and to think I actually got out of bed for this boarding party...

If you pseudo-pirate/ex-borg/grownup-wannabe's can't manage anything funnier than this, we may just have to add you to our ignore lists (give the guy that added that function a pay rise). :D

PS Lara - the image of you :eek: was kindly donated by an outsider that wishes to remain anonymous...

/dissapears to find the box of morphine...

Jules
17th June 2002, 12:34 PM
I think you frightened off the boarding party.

And my fleet-mates thought *I* was bitchy!

Funny...not the first time I've seen this particular reference this weekend....

Kinda anti-climactic now - but

PREPARE TO BE BOARDED, 3D HQ!

:p

Perhaps a better warning would have been

PREPARE TO BE BORED,

Rids
17th June 2002, 01:05 PM
WE ARE BORED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, RESISTANCE IS FLUTIE...

dnar
17th June 2002, 01:33 PM
WE ARE BORED, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED, RESISTANCE IS FLUTIE...
RESISTANCE IS A FRILLY DOILIE?

Cripes, what a pathetic boarding effort. At this rate, the doilie brigade can handle them single handed while performing normal daily duties.

Chelle/Jules, go get 'em.

dnar
17th June 2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by wbierman
Hey, you still got those hot pink fishnet stockings? You had the pirates drooling the last time you came aboard in drag...
It does'nt take much to get them pirates excited... Take a look at Lara... :p

And no, you borrowed those stockings, remember?

Don't be a stranger....
We try not to be... ;)

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 01:38 PM

RESISTANCE IS A FRILLY DOILIE?

Cripes, what a pathetic boarding effort. At this rate, the doilie brigade can handle them single handed while performing normal daily duties.

Chelle/Jules, go get 'em.

And what am I, chopped liver?

dnar
17th June 2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by bubbadog

And what am I, chopped liver?
Ohhhhh ****... :eek:

data
17th June 2002, 01:59 PM
so what was this about being boarded - watch the stats :D

(crimson not a good colour me thinks)

Chelle
17th June 2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by data
so what was this about being boarded - watch the stats :D
Woohoo!! Enter Data :cunning:

:kisses:

:angel:

Chelle
17th June 2002, 02:15 PM
For those that have not yet met Lara, this is a picy of her taken in 2000:
Oh my :eek: I guess there's just some things money can't buy :rofl:

data
17th June 2002, 02:15 PM
Hi folks

this will give you some breathing space for a while - and a chance to build up a bigger lead:D

Chelle
17th June 2002, 02:25 PM
Hi folks

this will give you some breathing space for a while - and a chance to build up a bigger lead:D

THANK YOU DATA!!!

Wheee, we're up in 4th place now :spot:

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 02:32 PM
:kisses: :kisses: :kisses: :kisses: :kisses: :kisses: :kisses: :kisses:

THANK YOU DATA!!

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 02:35 PM
Cheers Tom, that'll do nicely ;)

(no kisses from me though :D)

Jules
17th June 2002, 02:35 PM
Hi folks

:spot: WELCOME BACK DATA:xcheer:

:kisses:

Rids
17th June 2002, 02:47 PM
w00t w00t w00t w00t!!!
The Cavalry rides in at the last second, kilt a flapping in the wind (no peeking Chelle) and saves the day and gives those pesky pirates a jolly good kicking while he's at it! :D

Perfectly executed manouver Data, we bestow upon you our highest honour - The 3D Doilie and Bar! :thumbsup:

ps. Chelle, we'd better change our organisation name to "Thwacked with a vengeance" but it was well worth losing our place for such a glorious victory :kiss:

dnar
17th June 2002, 02:50 PM
Thanks Data, you saved us from certain death by bordem...

I can now reduce my medication back to prescribed levels and not feel the pain of Lara's woefull posts.

Oh sunny day. :sunshine:

Chelle
17th June 2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Rids ps. Chelle, we'd better change our organisation name to "Thwacked with a vengeance" but it was well worth losing our place for such a glorious victory :kiss: [/B]
Absolutely, and I'll gladly give up our place at the top to see Data back with us :)

dnar
17th June 2002, 02:56 PM
[B]w00t w00t w00t w00t!!!
The Cavalry rides in at the last second, kilt a flapping in the wind (no peeking Chelle) and saves the day and gives those pesky pirates a jolly good kicking while he's at it! :D

I feel it only respectfull that DATA produce at least one taunt filled post, don't you? :confused:

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 03:14 PM
by not stooping to our levels and showing his blatant disregard to their threat HE IS tauting them :D

dnar
17th June 2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Squeaky
by not stooping to our levels...
Oh lighten up!

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 03:22 PM
eh?

did one misunderstand something Mr Dnar :p

Rids
17th June 2002, 04:20 PM
Nice title dnar but is that something you really want? :eek:

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:23 PM
Nice title dnar but is that something you really want? :eek:
You mean you decoded it? Well, you must be smerter than Lara! You win! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 04:28 PM
does she have a real problem with word puzzles ? :rolleyes:

dnar
17th June 2002, 04:35 PM
does she have a real problem with word puzzles ? :rolleyes:
Had I coded my title using 56-bit encryption etc she would have picked it up straight away... Problem is, she is too smert! :D

BTW, did she ever mention, she worked for the CIA when she was just 12 years old, true story!.

wbierman
17th June 2002, 05:32 PM
All the little kiddies go twaddle twaddle...

ZaphodB
17th June 2002, 06:05 PM
Yo ho(s)!!! I see that Data has delayed the inevitable by parking his dusty old WUs in your garage. Not to worry; even if he doesn't get bored and move them elsewhere (as has happened so often before) it will only buy you a handful of weeks. You will definitely be seeing our magnificent backsides in front of you soon, and for a long time. Enjoy the view! :D :D :D

Rids
17th June 2002, 06:16 PM
You will definitely be seeing our magnificent backsides in front of you soon
Heh, well that should give us a nice fat target to kick :D

ZaphodB
17th June 2002, 06:36 PM
LOL, well I can't say I'm too worried about that. I've only been on DF for about 5 weeks, and I'd already be in your top ten. You guys look like you have been at this for a while, but you really don't have that much horsepower. Lara is a big gun, but even without her numbers our next three highest folders tally equal to your whole team.

As things stand we'll see you in September, but frankly I'll be just a little surprised if Data hangs around that long. Odds are we'll all wake up one morning, he'll have moved on, and you guys will be 100M behind us. Now where is the sport in that I ask you?

Jules
17th June 2002, 06:43 PM
All the little kiddies go twaddle twaddle...

:xwtf:

You poppin' bubba's midol?

Fallguy
17th June 2002, 06:46 PM
Well I for one have to be quite grateful for Datas arrival,
as it saved me from imminent schizophrenia...... being a member of both teams is a bit of a bummer at times, and I was sure which side to taunt! :)

I have to say, OCN seems to be as quiet as I have ever seen it.... quite a marked difference from its past..... :(

Fallguy

bubbadog
17th June 2002, 07:01 PM

:xwtf:

You poppin' bubba's midol?

:fuming:

Who's been into my Midol?

Chelle
17th June 2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by ZaphodB
Yo ho(s)!!! I see that Data has delayed the inevitable by parking his dusty old WUs in your garage. Not to worry; even if he doesn't get bored and move them elsewhere (as has happened so often before) it will only buy you a handful of weeks. You will definitely be seeing our magnificent backsides in front of you soon, and for a long time. Enjoy the view! :D :D :D
Who you calling a ho? :rolleyes: For someone who's been in DF all of 5 weeks, I guess you don't really know Data.. or you would know that the 'dusty old WU's' were actually brought back to the team they were crunched at in the first place... so you can paint whatever picture you like but we know where it's at...

And from where I sit, you're still looking at our :booty:s

:laugh:

Terminator
17th June 2002, 09:22 PM
:D ;) :p

ZaphodB
17th June 2002, 09:23 PM
And enjoying the view my dear. Butt alass, all good things must come to an end (so to speak). ;)

wbierman
17th June 2002, 10:50 PM
<<You poppin' bubba's midol?>>

Well as they say, if the shoe fits, buy every color!!

Who wants to hear about dnar and his hot pink fishnet stockings? I believe there was a request, so hear goes…

Many oceans ago, we happened upon a pitiful G@H team called the Genome Collective. Their head pimp was the lovely dnar. Seeking attention and fame she boarded our hss hellspawn in hopes of securing her place in Borggie history. We are not at all sure about the details but if memory serves, dnar was having trouble with her own kind. You see, she was not playing well with others in the Borggie litter box… I’ll let you all fill in the details there…

We were all amused by her antics but nothing held our attention more than when the lovely dnar decided it was time to display her wares. I guess she thought we were tired of our sheep. She wanted to give more! And give she did…. over and over and over again. Can you say,”wear it out big guy, drive it home!?” You see we were just pirates who had been out to sea for a very long time…

Anyways, she came aboard strutting her plump boney ass dolled up like some desperate hooker on a mission. Mumbling some **** about, “I’m better than sheep, I’m better than sheep!” If we only had a camera to share what the lovely dnar looked like. Suffice it to say; in her own mind she was HOT, Hot, hot! There were those hot pink fishnet stockings contrasting nicely with the dirty and stained chartreuse teddy. She was packing baby!!! Her hair was done in a sweet sea going foo-foo doo. Her make up was another satisfied customer of the Tammy Fae School of Makeup. I’ll admit that for some of our lonely pirates, dnar was heaven…

Dnar thinks at some time I borrowed her stockings. Nope. How could I as they were pretty much ripped to shreds that first night? There was nothing left… She howled with glee as pirate after pirate had their way with her. Curiously, she wanted no money in return for her favors. Such a deal!!!

And there you have it…

Jules
17th June 2002, 11:06 PM
I'm glad you were able to get this out....

Is this where we ask...."And how does this make you feel?"

Billy_Bat
17th June 2002, 11:14 PM
Don't worry about what a drunken pirot sheep shagger thinks he remembers... He just projects things from his childhood on others. His shrink killed himself years ago. :confused: Since then he just hasn't been the same. A little more prozac and he will be fine.

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 11:22 PM
...but but but..it was such a nicely sung jaunty :(

Jules
17th June 2002, 11:30 PM
I think it's safe to say someone needs to stop beating this dead horse

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 11:34 PM
<<You poppin' bubba's midol?>>

Well as they say, if the shoe fits, buy every color!!

Acquainted with Chelle i see :cool:

wbierman
17th June 2002, 11:44 PM
It's not really a dead horse until I have whacked it around the block for a month at least!!

<<Is this where we ask...."And how does this make you feel?">>

By all means ask away. And by the same token, how does it feel to among losers and twaddlers? Us pirates want to know...

Squeaky
17th June 2002, 11:50 PM
It's not really a dead horse until I have whacked it around the block for a month at least!!

By all means ask away. And by the same token, how does it feel to among losers and twaddlers? Us pirates want to know...

Kinda warm and cosy, and the fresh honey is delightful.

I notice my new friend the use of the royal 'Us', for it seemeth your jolly rogered brethren have jumped ship with the scurvy! :)

Perhaps you would feel safer here now? We could share more of Dnar?

Jules
18th June 2002, 12:09 AM

Knock yourself out...by all means do what ever it takes to get the voices to STFU

That would be something you'd maybe want to ask your fellow pirates..
I get the feeling ya'll have the monopoly on losers...just from what I've seen anyway.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 12:11 AM
Thanks but I'll pass... I never partook of dnar's favors... there was something odd about her... I just listened...

Safe?? How is that possible? Having words turn into ******* asterics is no place for a pirate!!!

You all seem content with the twaddle... carry on.

Ian Newson
18th June 2002, 12:11 AM
Please note!!

Play nicely everyone as we dont want this tread to get too out of hand.

Squeaky
18th June 2002, 12:15 AM
No worries SuperMod all done in the best possible taste :)

I think our visitors have been both enlightening and entertaining.

thank yee

:sunshine:

Jules
18th June 2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ian Newson
Please note!!

Play nicely everyone as we dont want this tread to get too out of hand.

Ian, you know we always play nicely....or at the very least....give back what we get so as to not appear rude :sunshine:

data
18th June 2002, 12:19 AM
Having words turn into ******* asterics is no place for a pirate!!!

this is how it should be there is no need for swearing to express yourself only shows your ignorance

Ragnarog
18th June 2002, 12:24 AM
Heya ppl. Ditto Ian's comments.Dont step over the limits please :)

Rag

Jules
18th June 2002, 12:28 AM

....Having words turn into ******* asterics is no place for a pirate!!!

You all seem content with the twaddle... carry on.

Content..wanting what you have :) That would be us..wouldn't trade one single member for all the pirates in the world.

this is how it should be there is no need for swearing to express yourself only shows your ignorance

:nod: Absolutely!

wbierman
18th June 2002, 12:46 AM
<<this is how it should be there is no need for swearing to express yourself only shows your ignorance>>

I'm sorry but I don't like to play on boards where kiddies pretending to be adults have issues of control. We pirates like our freedom of expression. So we say whatever we want when ever we want too without having to ask our mommies for permission. We don't get bent out of shape cause we don't all wear our hearts on our sleevs...

Your little ***** dnar came over taunting first... just like he always did in the past. We bring it back to your hood and everyone cries, "mommie, mommie, he said a bad word... Just like wimpy little gutless brats do. You are no different than the last place dnar called home...

As one of our pirates likes to say... "You don't start no ****, you don't get no ****!!"

data
18th June 2002, 12:55 AM
<<this is how it should be there is no need for swearing to express yourself only shows your ignorance>>

I'm sorry but I don't like to play on boards where kiddies pretending to be adults have issues of control. We pirates like our freedom of expression. So we say whatever we want when ever we want too without having to ask our mommies for permission. We don't get bent out of shape cause we don't all wear our hearts on our sleevs...

Your little ***** dnar came over taunting first... just like he always did in the past. We bring it back to your hood and everyone cries, "mommie, mommie, he said a bad word... Just like wimpy little gutless brats do. You are no different than the last place dnar called home...

As one of our pirates likes to say... "You don't start no ****, you don't get no ****!!"

FYI

I aint no kiddie i can assure you nor do i wear my heart on my sleeve - but as i said earlier there is no need for swearing to express yourself - just shows your ignorance especially for a person of your age (providing the birthdate in your profile is correct) aught to be ashamed of yourself :(

Jules
18th June 2002, 01:03 AM
Thankfully for us, our intelligence levels allow us to communicate using BIG words.... A thesaurus can be provided upon request.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 01:10 AM
Isn't that special... So nice to hear from the "my stuff don't stink crowd."

The only ignorance I'm guilty of is believing this place might be different. It seems boards controlled by Europeans have an infinity towards control... they want everything perfect and happy... The world is not like that and trying to pretend it is foolish and prepares you for nothing...

wbierman
18th June 2002, 01:17 AM
You mean big words like "substance" and the lack of that here? OK

bubbadog
18th June 2002, 01:22 AM
:rolleyes: I'm bored, how about y'all?

Jules
18th June 2002, 01:22 AM
You mean big words like "substance" and the lack of that here? OK

It would appear you feel you're being held against your will...:dunno: but I don't see a soul blocking you from exiting.:wave:

wyles
18th June 2002, 01:23 AM
Hey its WillyB!!! :D :D
I see OCN finally found DF eh?
welcome to last week guys! :p

Forgive my manners (remember them?).....welcome to 3dhq.
Yes, we are different from OCN....here you wont need to bignote yourself coz wow gee you can do 4 gazillion units between update....we all check the stats at least once a month so we notice these things.

Feel free to head to "off topic" where you can partake or start a conversation where your opinion will be listened to and you wont be shot down cos you're a brit/yank/kiwi/aussie or whatever, but discussed with a modicum of intellect.

We'd value your input in the microsoft operating systems forum too....if lechumbl is still hanging around you too could probably fix windows once and for all!

Glad to have you on board.....remember - pirates are naff.....remember Adam Ant?

;)

dnar
18th June 2002, 01:27 AM

What the hell are you on about Will? Sore about your wife rejecting you in bed again? Or havn't you recovered from the humiliation that it was *I* that banned your arse from TGC? I mean... The Humiliation of it all! Being banned from the litter box, and by someone wearing pink stockings!!!!! :eek:

Chelle
18th June 2002, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry but I don't like to play on boards where kiddies pretending to be adults have issues of control. We pirates like our freedom of expression. So we say whatever we want when ever we want too without having to ask our mommies for permission.
And as a guest on NinjaMicros you will play by our rules. What you condone on your own site is your beeswax. If you have rules there, you're free to enforce them to anyone visiting.

And no, it's not controlled entirely by Europeans, whatever significance you thought that might have.

dnar
18th June 2002, 01:31 AM
Well it looks like Lara the reality-challenged super woman has spat the dummmy, and deleted her posts. I guess the humiliation was too much.

I must say, playing with OCN rates around a 1 these days, in fact, we never really played with OCN, just the Lara persona...

I'm bored now...

/wanders into desert to find juniper bush.

dnar
18th June 2002, 01:46 AM
What happened to ALL of Lara's posts? Don't tell me she deleted them all? :dummy spit: Man, what a bad sport! Oh, no, that's right, she will have some fancy reason for this.... [nod]

I am sick of "playing" with idiots like her!

ZaphodB
18th June 2002, 01:48 AM
The narrow-minded concept that limiting ones vocabulary by omitting certain words constitutes mature, adult behavior is laughable. Granted, when I am visiting a daycare center I tend to stick to smaller, less threatening words, so as not to scare the kiddies. But in reality, I would no sooner strike certain words from the English language than remove certain colors from the rainbow. Words come in all colors, black, white, yellow, red, purple, pink, and sometimes blue.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 01:57 AM
<<The humiliation of being banned from TGC...>>

What a coinsidence dnar... I sold my soul too...

If there is anything concupiscent here I have not located it yet...

As I said before, just a lot of spumescent twaddle floating around...

data
18th June 2002, 02:03 AM
The narrow-minded concept that limiting ones vocabulary by omitting certain words constitutes mature, adult behavior is laughable. Granted, when I am visiting a daycare center I tend to stick to smaller, less threatening words, so as not to scare the kiddies. But in reality, I would no sooner strike certain words from the English language than remove certain colors from the rainbow. Words come in all colors, black, white, yellow, red, purple, pink, and sometimes blue.

narrow mindedness has nothing to do with limiting ones vocabulary of certain words that have nothing to do whatso ever with maturity - swearing is a sign of ignorance and imo lack of maturity - swearing in normal expressive language plays no part of the discussion other than to belittle the expressor - but if its ones desire to express ones self through swearing then this is not the BB/Forum to do it on

data
18th June 2002, 02:06 AM
<<The humiliation of being banned from TGC...>>

What a coinsidence dnar... I sold my soul too...

If there is anything concupiscent here I have not located it yet...

As I said before, just a lot of spumescent twaddle floating around...

so its our twaddle if you dont want to be involved in it then you are at liberty to remain quiet

wyles
18th June 2002, 02:10 AM
c'mon, this aint a boarding party. Is all you can come up with the fact that a swear filter is here?

gee ocn must be better if you can use big grown up swear words there.....OOOOHH!! I SAID **** ON A FORUM!!! *bloats chest with pride*

theres so much more you could come up with......."you guys still doing SETI???? - rofl!"

you could insult our manhood by implying that we were led by women (no offence Jules/Chelle ;) )

how about the name? 3dhq?? a geek name if ever there was one...

*sigh*

however respects must go to Zaph & will for at least having a go.......nice trolling! ;)

data
18th June 2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by wylie

however respects must go to Zaph & will for at least having a go.......nice trolling! ;)

not like some of the good old pirates we had in the early days - now there was some real discussions then - but give credit where credit is due they have voiced their opinions :D

dnar
18th June 2002, 02:17 AM
c'mon, this aint a boarding party. Is all you can come up with the fact that a swear filter is here?

If Wbierman still had access to the TGC forums (aka "The Litter Box") he could have saved a lot of typing too. Just copy/paste the same old arguments straight in here...

This aint no boarding party, these are just the bitches that arrived too late. You know what drunkards they are...

data
18th June 2002, 02:19 AM

If Wbierman still had access to the TGC forums (aka "The Litter Box") he could have saved a lot of typing too. Just copy/paste the same old arguments straight in here...

This aint no boarding party, these are just the bitches that arrived too late. You know what drunkards they are...

easy my friend easy :cool:

prokaryote
18th June 2002, 02:21 AM
Seemed to have mis-placed my work units. Has anyone seen them?:D

data
18th June 2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by prokaryote
Seemed to have mis-placed my work units. Has anyone seen them?:D

so you have returned home as well :D :D

wbierman
18th June 2002, 02:32 AM
<<And as a guest on NinjaMicros you will play by our rules. What you condone on your own site is your beeswax.>>

I am playing by your rules. I condone nothing on "my" board for it is not my board. Sure, I hang there with a lot of others who feel free to express themselves in whatever way they desire. I think there are only a few rules and I follow them just as I am following the rules here.

I was just surprised to find the word "cra*" filtered. All the other asterics I typed in like *********************! So if you all want to guess what ****** means (the correct answer is boring) knock yourselves out!!!

wbierman
18th June 2002, 02:42 AM
<<swearing is a sign of ignorance and imo lack of maturity - swearing in normal expressive language plays no part of the discussion other than to belittle the expressor>>

I think the truest sign of immaturity and ignorance is believing **** means something it is not. By having "filters" to regulate your thoughts and expression, you demean yourselves and lower the expectations of others.

Do the Mods have the power to post my orginal posts that appear to be "filtered" but are not? Or are we not into the "truth" here?

wyles
18th June 2002, 02:46 AM

Do the Mods have the power to post my orginal posts that appear to be "filtered" but are not? Or are we not into the "truth" here?

an interesting point.
choosing to self moderate by putting *'s in voluntarily? admirable. to make a point however why not use the ### key to differentiate.

I believe its more that we are not into "lies" here

wbierman
18th June 2002, 02:49 AM
Wylie you have always been one of insight...

LBaker
18th June 2002, 02:53 AM

I think the truest sign of immaturity and ignorance is believing **** means something it is not. By having "filters" to regulate your thoughts and expression, you demean yourselves and lower the expectations of others.

Will, it's not about control or regulation. It's about being civil. There's just no need for it. I've got 7 and 10 year old daughters and I don't want them exposed to that kind of language yet. There's not much that wrankles me more that a young kid talking like a drunken sailor.

data
18th June 2002, 02:57 AM
By having "filters" to regulate your thoughts and expression, you demean yourselves and lower the expectations of others.

the reason we have the filters is because of children and junior members plus visitors not knowing the rules - once they realise that swearing is not acceptable 99.9999999999999999999999% comply and leave it at that

although the mods had the power to post the original post it would not be posted - and the truth has nothing to do with swearing

wbierman
18th June 2002, 03:03 AM
I agree completely!!! My 10 year old daughter would be in deep doodoo if she spoke like I could. I don't speak like that in front or behind her. She learned the foul language from kids at school. It happens...

I used a fairly innocuous term and it was filtered. All the other"*" I typed in to prove a point...

I proved that point regardless if it is understood or not by all who wander here...

wyles
18th June 2002, 03:06 AM

I proved that point regardless if it is understood or not by all who wander here...

feel better now?

Jules
I have quoted a post from our visitor, and the *** showed up on the quoted portion.....I'm not sure if the actual filtered word shows up in a quote on the board...I know it does in PM's

The decision to filter on Ninja Micros is due to our user base...and suggestions from existing memebers. There are children that access this site, and as a mother, I'm more than happy to know there are sites out there that do think of our children and what we may or may not wish to have them exposed to. Is this shielding them from reality? No..they're gonna hear it anyway...it's just making it a friendlier place to be. Frankly I don't see the need to see somethings in black and white? I use my share of colorful language..but there's a time and place for it...and THIS BOARD is not the place for it IMHO.

It's quite apparent you're not happy with the set up here, but you can't please all the people all the time. The current users are happy with the way it's set up...and newbies...well, they just have to deal with it as unacceptable in our little corner of the net....or find a place they're more comfortable with.

Your complaints and comments on how WE run our site have been noted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We pride ourself on being able to take constructive criticism and valid suggestions and working towards making NM the best it can be.

data
I agree completely!!! My 10 year old daughter would be in deep doodoo if she spoke like I could. I don't speak like that in front or behind her. She learned the foul language from kids at school. It happens...

I used a fairly innocuous term and it was filtered. All the other"*" I typed in to prove a point...

:cool:

wbierman
18th June 2002, 03:07 AM
<<although the mods had the power to post the original post it would not be posted - and the truth has nothing to do with swearing>>

I did NOT swear... so what is the truth?

bubbadog
18th June 2002, 03:08 AM

Having the power and having the inclination are two different things. It is not a matter of truth; it is a matter of propriety. You have been informed of the rules of this forum. Spewing venom will not change them. If you do not care to abide by them, you are free to leave at any time.

ZaphodB
18th June 2002, 03:11 AM
Hello [tap tap] Is this thing on? What ever would give you the idea that this was over? Take grave exception to censorship whereever I observe it. I have an ongoing campaign against several of my local radio stations. They play music that is perfectly in keeping with their formats, their audience, and well within community standards, and they censor them. If I go to an art museum the last thing I want to see is a Bottacelli (sic) with posts-its on the nipples. If the songs are worth playing, they are worth playing in their original form.

Data's assertion that "narrow mindedness has nothing to do with limiting ones vocabulary of certain words that have nothing to do whatso ever with maturity - swearing is a sign of ignorance and imo lack of maturity - swearing in normal expressive language plays no part of the discussion other than to belittle the expressor" only serves to demonstrate that he (she, it, they...) is (are) totally ignorant and/or blind to the spectrum of human expression ranging from the Bible, to J.D. Salinger, to Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Philip Dick, the Clinton transcripts, I can go on forever.

This is your sandbox, and I'm not the kind of guest who stops by just to relieve themselves. My scope of written expression is sufficiently broad so as not to be significantly hampered by any language filter. I don't need to resort to 1337 spellings just to get around it. Censorship, however, is so often used as a primitive tool of thought-control that it's presence here does not so much surprise me as it does disappoint me.

How ironic that a site who's name implies a wealth of dimensions should be so lacking in depth.

(there...you have officially been taunted. If you are not vewwy vewwy careful I shall taunt you again!)

:p :p :p

wyles
18th June 2002, 03:14 AM
<<although the mods had the power to post the original post it would not be posted - and the truth has nothing to do with swearing>>

I did NOT swear... so what is the truth?

whats the diff?

do it yourself or we will do it for you.

if someone construes **** as a swear word then it was probably meant in that context, correct? its a pretty silly point will.....

we all KNOW what was/is meant to be said, it just means Jules doesnt have to reply to Tyler looking over her shoulder "Mummy what does that mean?"

wyles
18th June 2002, 03:16 AM
Hello [tap tap] Is this thing on?

(there...you have officially been taunted. If you are not vewwy vewwy careful I shall taunt you again!)

:p :p :p

bewdy! :D

BTW zaph - ask winky to post "THAT " picture on OCN again and see if doesnt get censored!

ZaphodB
18th June 2002, 03:26 AM
If you mean Bikini; she shows up with horrifying regularity!

wbierman
18th June 2002, 03:28 AM
<<It's quite apparent you're not happy with the set up here, but you can't please all the people all the time. The current users are happy with the way it's set up...and newbies...well, they just have to deal with it as unacceptable in our little corner of the net....or find a place they're more comfortable with.>>

Where have I stated that I was unhappy? Where did I say I was uncomfortable here? Where have I posted that I was displeased? All I have done is express my opinions... right or wrong. It amazes me how quickly others jump to erroneous conculsions without all the facts. Please do try some erudition the next time before bumbling about.

I made note of your rules before I joined. And I have followed them so far. The word "cra#" has many different meanings... like that certain mushroom which drives filters nutz...

wyles
18th June 2002, 03:29 AM
-Zaph

*shudder*

eww....no...but it SHOULD be!!!

wbierman
18th June 2002, 03:34 AM
So **** means #### means @@@@ means $$$$ means ~~~~~ means !!!! means %%%% means ^^^^ means &&&&... Those are just the characters above my numbers when I hit the Shift key. What do they mean on your keyboard?

wyles
18th June 2002, 03:35 AM
The word Bugg** is totally acceptable over here. Toyota in fact has a national advertising campaign where its the only word, and its mentioned about 5 times per ad.

however I understand it has somewhat.....different......connotations to Europeans, and if it offends them thats fine I wont use it.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 03:43 AM
<<....it just means Jules doesnt have to reply to Tyler looking over her shoulder "Mummy what does that mean?">>

She could reply with , "I just don't know sweetheart." I mean really, how could she actually know what was implied? She would certainly not be fallacious in her response. I guess she could puzzle what was said, but why respond with and hazzard a guess...? Are we all not too quick to judge...

Billy_Bat
18th June 2002, 03:52 AM
I just squashed a little bugg**, and it made a nasty mess. :D
Geeze, where's the boarding party? It was a good bit of fun when the pirots overtook us on genome, not a nasty bit of bierman whining about asterisks, etc.
Thank God for Data! That turned Jodie (that's a bad word on TGC) into a tempest in a teacup. bierman is just a leftover cloud. (no offense) At least he is representing for his pirot fleet. Where's what's her name?
I like the 3DHQ board. Civil and friendly, a very nice place to visit.

Good Luck!
BB

bubbadog
18th June 2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Bat

Good Luck!
BB

Thanks Billy, glad you approve. We like it too! :D

Jules
18th June 2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Bat
I just squashed a little bugg**, and it made a nasty mess. :D
Geeze, where's the boarding party? It was a good bit of fun when the pirots overtook us on genome, not a nasty bit of bierman whining about asterisks, etc.
Thank God for Data! That turned Jodie (that's a bad word on TGC) into a tempest in a teacup. bierman is just a leftover cloud. (no offense) At least he is representing for his pirot fleet. Where's what's her name?

Good Luck!
BB

Thanks BB!

Something I forgot to mention in regards to Jodie's visit lastnight....

...she's claiming some sort of victory...yet now..all her posts here that may prove or disprove this thought appear to be gone...:rolleyes:

:confused:

wyles
18th June 2002, 04:00 AM
She could reply with , "I just don't know sweetheart." I mean really, how could she actually know what was implied? She would certainly not be fallacious in her response. I guess she could puzzle what was said, but why respond with and hazzard a guess...? Are we all not too quick to judge...

I was actually referring to kids seeing the word itself rather than the *'s, but your point is valid. A censored word may be construed to be worse than intented. "I only meant to call you a stupid **** not a stupid ****."

but then again...that very point it encourages a less severe word to be used..

Jules
18th June 2002, 04:03 AM

I was actually referring to kids seeing the word itself rather than the *'s, but your point is valid. A censored word may be construed to be worse than intented. "I only meant to call you a stupid **** not a stupid ****."

but then again...that very point it encourages a less severe word to be used..

*OUCH*...my head hurts now...:p

I'm gonna go lay down for a bit....but I'll be back.:sunshine:

dnar
18th June 2002, 04:09 AM
I have quoted a post from our visitor, and the *** showed up on the quoted portion.....I'm not sure if the actual filtered word shows up in a quote on the board...I know it does in PM's

The decision to filter on Ninja Micros is due to our user base...and suggestions from existing memebers. There are children that access this site, and as a mother, I'm more than happy to know there are sites out there that do think of our children and what we may or may not wish to have them exposed to. Is this shielding them from reality? No..they're gonna hear it anyway...it's just making it a friendlier place to be. Frankly I don't see the need to see somethings in black and white? I use my share of colorful language..but there's a time and place for it...and THIS BOARD is not the place for it IMHO.

It's quite apparent you're not happy with the set up here, but you can't please all the people all the time. The current users are happy with the way it's set up...and newbies...well, they just have to deal with it as unacceptable in our little corner of the net....or find a place they're more comfortable with.

Your complaints and comments on how WE run our site have been noted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We pride ourself on being able to take constructive criticism and valid suggestions and working towards making NM the best it can be.
One day, I will show you how to recognise a troll... :p

wbierman
18th June 2002, 04:30 AM
look in the mirror sweetheart....

dnar
18th June 2002, 04:36 AM
look in the mirror sweetheart....
OMG Will, don't you ever get bored with yourself? I mean really "look in the mirror"....

What should I reply with? "No returns" or something equally mind numbing...

Someone please give that guy that wrote the "IGNORE" function of vBulletin a pay rise...

I vote this thread be split off from around the time Wbierman entered, and the thread be titled "The old Wbierman record stuck on repeat"...

wbierman
18th June 2002, 04:38 AM
<<if you dont want to be involved in it then you are at liberty to remain quiet>>

Would not that action negate the need for any BB if we all chose that behavior?

Chelle
18th June 2002, 04:47 AM
I made note of your rules before I joined. And I have followed them so far. The word "cra#" has many different meanings...
Okay, I un-censored the word CRAP (which was set by the previous site owner, btw... we haven't got around to reviewing them) Now, type it as much as you can and get it out of your system because this topic is beyond stale and it’s making my head hurt.

:cuss: CRAP CRAP CRAPPITY CRAP CRAPPOLA CRAPPERONI CRAP CRAP CRAP :cuss:

Now you can sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

We use profanity filters here for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it’s our site and we have the right to do that. Keep the trailer trash smack for other sites who don't give a damn what their online presence represents.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 04:58 AM
for you dnar...

Doctor:

He seems to be completely unreceptive.
The tests I gave him show no sense at all.
His eyes react to light the dials detect it.
He hears but cannot answer to your call.

Doctor:

There is no chance no untried operation.
All hope lies with him and none with me.
Imagine though the shock from isolation.
When he suddenly can hear and speak and see.

Doctor:

His eyes can hear
his ears can see his lips speak
All the time the needles flick and rock.
No machine can give the kind of stimulation,
Needed to remove his inner block.

From Tommy: Go to the Mirror Boy ~~The Who

wbierman
18th June 2002, 05:10 AM
<<Keep the trailer trash smack for other sites who don't give a damn what their online presence represents.>>

And what exactly is the "presence " you wish to extole here? Jump to inaccurate conclusions? Rush to judgement? Think like we do or get lost? Don't you dare share a differing opinion?

Perhaps you should be a bit clearer in your signup process...

wbierman
18th June 2002, 05:13 AM
<<Now you can sleep tonight. :rolleyes:>>

Are you sure??

Chelle
18th June 2002, 05:22 AM
And what exactly is the "presence " you wish to extole here? Jump to inaccurate conclusions? Rush to judgement? Think like we do or get lost? Don't you dare share a differing opinion?

Perhaps you should be a bit clearer in your signup process...

I'm talking about profanity. No more, no less... so save the freedom of speech /slash constitutional rights gambit, please.

We'll amend the signup page to stipulate the word crap is permitted, lest there be any inaccurate conclusions.

wbierman
18th June 2002, 05:28 AM
Why are we so testy?

Is this the usual welcome afforded to new members? I'm thinking of putting on an overcoat...

Chelle
18th June 2002, 05:31 AM
Why are we so testy?

Is this the usual welcome afforded to new members? I'm thinking of putting on an overcoat...
Sorry, I just have little to no patience for dancing circles around the same issue over and over.... and over. Say it, deal with it, suck it up, move on... that's my motto :p

wbierman
18th June 2002, 07:12 AM
<<..deal with it, suck it up, move on...>>

I like that tude...:cool:

dnar
18th June 2002, 07:13 AM
Why are we so testy?

Nope. It's reserved for special people like yourself.

You are the only person I know that can't manage to get along with so many teams.... Let me see, KWSN, TGC and now 3DHQ.... Nurse, I see a patern here...

You know, you really should have started a http://www.fat_git_sitting_in_a_bath_bitching_to_himself. com/forums.php ages ago.... You could have all your own rules and even argue with yourself... It could be fun!

wbierman
18th June 2002, 08:23 AM
What is that buzzing sound I hear? :D :D :D

dnar
18th June 2002, 08:33 AM
What is that buzzing sound I hear? :D :D :D
Could it be Lara's strap-on-vibrata-matic (tm) ? ;)

prokaryote
18th June 2002, 08:44 AM
Here's the thing, we live in a society, a collection of individuals that come together either by choice or by situation, that exist in a closed, limited environment. We do not live in a vacuum, isolated from each other, immune to others actions or words, nor can we. Whether we like it or not, each of our actions or words outside of our own minds does have an effect on others within that society. Many times, these actions or words may be contrary to others wishes or intents. This can lead to obvious frictions. Hence, over tens of thousands of years, thousands of wars, feuds, scandals, etc., have erupted. Our ancestors have over the course of history, devised various experimental sets of rules and the means to enforce them, to try to establish what is deemed as societally acceptable behavior, expressed either by actions or words. These have been either set down as laws, or wrapped in myths and supra-beings, for both ease of explanation and dispersal, and as a means of justification and primacy. No one set can be argued, without reference to some absolute benchmark such as moral rightness as dictated by, say the US constitution, as being any more just, right or true than any other. That being said, one has to examine the position that their own sets of beliefs, morals, sense of right and wrong are no more valid than any other individuals. For instance, if you value freedom of thought as being paramount, where's your justification, your absolute reference to back that up. What would be your argument if your antagonist doesn't agree with your basic valuation or even existance of that absolute? If the two people involved in the discussion / argument can't even agree upon the validity of the ethical foundations upon which all arguments of right and wrong are based, what's left? I think I can elucidate at least one probable outcome. There develop as many different religions, political movements, cults, cliques, tribes, clans, etc. as there are currently, or ever have been, on the planet. So what does that leave us with. Arbitrary sets of rules that are agreed upon (again, either implicitly, explicitly or in some cases by coercion) by the members of that society or group of individuals. Put in simpler terms, might makes right. Basically, you have two choices, either force your views or opinions upon your audience through some form of coercive violence or manipulate their ideal of right and wrong through appeals to sophistry, divinity, non-coercive causality (actions and consequences), or common forms of debate. Your effectiveness can be gauged by the number of individuals you "convince". Generally, instigation only serves to polarize the audience. If the audience is hostile or non-receptive, then instigation is counter-effective and only redoubles the resistance to the value in question, i.e. try a different approach within the context of the audience's set of values and beliefs. It is a sign of poor judgement and lack of verbal and mental agility, if a change of value is truly the desired outcome, to continue to take the same, non-effective tactic. If on the other hand, instigation is the sole purpose, then this is a sign of an unsophisticated, base and some would argue, perverse, animalistic nature. ;) :D

Terminator
18th June 2002, 09:18 AM
:worship: Very, very well said prokaryote :thumbsup:

Talon
18th June 2002, 01:29 PM
Extremely well said prokaryote. Cheers to you for that one. Now, an adminstration warning. I have been watching this thread very closely, and I have come to the conclusion that is getting closer and closer to crossing the line. Distributed Folding, or Distributed Computing in general, is supposed to be fun. Yes, part of that fun is the taunting of the teams close to you in the race to the top, but that taunting is supposed to be "lite hearted", not malicious. There are members here who obviously have "pasts" with other members, and there is nothing that can be done about that. However, we also have people here who are new to the DC community, and this kind of thread can leave a very bad first impression. I for one will not let that happen. So, my warning is this: Drop the discussion about the "censors" because nothing is going to change about it. These censors are not just in place for this one forum, but all the forums on this site because THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS WANT IT THAT WAY. End of discussion. If people find they can NOT let this topic die, or feel the need to start another arguement, I suggest you leave these forums, as you will not fit in here. We all have choices to make, and the smart person would choose to leave a place they obviously do not belong in.

Talon

dnar
18th June 2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Talon

<snip>!
If people find they can NOT let this topic die, or feel the need to start another arguement, I suggest you leave these forums, as you will not fit in here. We all have choices to make, and the smart person would choose to leave a place they obviously do not belong in.

Talon
I hear you... Your right, alot of what's been said has no place here. I am partly responsible for that, so are others.

I shall ensure that Wbierman and myself continue our friendly chats over at the Pirate Ship OCN (http://www.piratefleet.com/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=006453) in future.

Squeaky
18th June 2002, 02:06 PM
oooppss..sorry, im still looking up those words Wbier used earlier :o

seems ive missed all the fun in the meantime :( and it was becoming infantile, so i could have joined in too!!! :(

oh..before i forget, whats the prob with bu&&er ? i know what it means, but its more common useage is like jeez! damnit or drat (dont let me see anyone over 16 use the word drat :p )

Jules
18th June 2002, 02:30 PM

....seems ive missed all the fun in the meantime :( and it was becoming infantile, so i could have joined in too!!! :(....

Ya know hon, when you actually need sleep..you miss all the fun stuff :kisses:

Talon
18th June 2002, 02:37 PM
oh..before i forget, whats the prob with bu&&er ? i know what it means, but its more common useage is like jeez! damnit or drat (dont let me see anyone over 16 use the word drat :p )

Well, that's just another one of those words that were in the censor when we got here, and I just haven't had the chance to go through them. I guess it is time to clean house.

dnar- No one is asking you to have to post somewhere else mate, I would just like to see the "beating of the dead horse" come to an end. That's all.

Talon

Ian Newson
18th June 2002, 07:02 PM
....remember Adam Ant?

;)

That I do m8 and I still have a few of his singles laying around :D .

...I'm the dandy highwayman that you're to scared to mention..

They dont write em like that anymore :D

prokaryote
18th June 2002, 09:27 PM

I hear you... Your right, alot of what's been said has no place here. I am partly responsible for that, so are others.

I shall ensure that Wbierman and myself continue our friendly chats over at the Pirate Ship OCN (http://www.piratefleet.com/forums/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=006453) in future.

Well, I've paid a visit and engaged in some none too challanging good natured verbal reparte with Will and Lara. Warning though, there is some foul language for those that are sensitive to such. It's really just too easy.:D

Chelle
18th June 2002, 10:00 PM
I'm NOT going to admit to standing on my chair cheering.. nope, not gonna admit it...

*tears*

:worship:

Jules
19th June 2002, 03:33 AM
Excellent job guys...but please someone tell me, that's not as good as they get over there....

YAWN

It's so obvious that they're not playing with a full deck :p

dnar
19th June 2002, 03:42 AM
Excellent job guys...but please someone tell me, that's not as good as they get over there....

YAWN

It's so obvious that they're not playing with a full deck :p
Your not witnessing the true OCN in action. Looks like the pirates are all quite happy to sit around swirling rum and watching the proceedings.

No, this is just the TCG Rejects aka Lara and Queequeg at their typical best. It's like watching a boxing match were the defeated just keep comming back for more with the same old stupid predictable punches. Unfortunately, brain damage set in long ago... It's rather boring, I could almost make Queequegs posts for him in advance, he's that predictable. As for Lara aka QBS, her buttons are so obviously labelled even a child could push them. :D :D :D Even new comers like that guy she pissed off last week (Randreh) managed to push her buttons, and how long had he know her for? :eek:

wbierman
19th June 2002, 03:53 AM
Why should any of us bother to come over here and cast our pearls before your swine?

Rids
19th June 2002, 03:55 AM
Very good question

dnar
19th June 2002, 03:55 AM
Why should any of us bother to come over here and cast our pearls before your swine?
Nice touch, quoting scripture now...

You came, now do us all a favour and piss off. :D

Thankyou.

Jules
19th June 2002, 03:57 AM
Well, being the team therapist and all...;) :p :D....I think I can safely assess that she's got some obvious inferiority issues...and it would be comical, except it seems to have taken over her entire life...

Perhaps she needs some Daily Affirmations:

As I let go of my shoulds and feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner Sociopath.

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of course, I want to stay employed.

In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over others.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgment.

I can change any thought that hurts into a reality that hurts even more.

I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no personality at all.

Joan of Arc heard voices too.

I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.

I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and complain.

As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.

When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But not nearly as gratifying.

The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.

All of me is beautiful and valuable, even the ugly, stupid, and disgusting parts.

I am at one with my duality.

I will strive to live each day as if it were my 40th birthday.

Only a lack of imagination saves me from immobilizing myself with imaginary fears.

I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of state and local laws.

Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

False hope is nicer than no hope at all.

A good scapegoat is nearly as welcome as a solution to the problem.

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day watching TV. Instead I will move my TV into the bedroom.

Why should I waste my time reliving the past when I can spend it worrying about the future?

The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.

I am learning that criticism is not nearly as effective as sabotage.

Becoming aware of my character defects leads me to the next step - blaming my parents.

To have a successful relationship I must learn to make it look like I'm giving as much as I'm getting.

To understand all is to fear all.

bubbadog
19th June 2002, 04:02 AM
Jules, have you been eavesdropping on my conversations with my inner child again?

Chelle
19th June 2002, 04:39 AM
Julia, LOL! You're so good at this :kiss:

Oh yeah, it's your job! :D

wbierman
19th June 2002, 06:48 AM
Just carrying on our fine circus tradition...

dnar
19th June 2002, 08:00 AM
Just carrying on our fine circus tradition...
Are you in charge of cunning stunts or stunning *unts? :confused:

(* = c)

wbierman
19th June 2002, 08:59 AM
Will someone put some lipstick on this pig and sell it...

dnar
19th June 2002, 09:58 AM
Will someone put some lipstick on this pig and sell it...
Ok. How much do you think your worth? ;)

Rids
19th June 2002, 10:28 AM
ENOUGH!

This thread has now degenerated so far it can no longer be deemed discussion but merely a string of tired and overused insults. Personal attacks are not allowed on this BB and that is what this has become, should you wish to continue this warfare that's fine by me but please do it elsewhere. In order to preserve the sanity of our "non-participating" members I am locking this thread down - ANY CONTINUATION WILL MEET THE SAME FATE.