PDA

View Full Version : Spielberg Talks Indy IV

Gservo
4th June 2002, 12:50 PM
Steven Spielberg updated Cinescape Online on the progress of the fourth Indiana Jones movie, for which writer/director Frank Darabont has been hired to pen the script. "The status is that Frank Darabont is starting—he's writing the screenplay," Spielberg told the site. "We just made Frank's deal two weeks ago. We have the story, which is a story George Lucas wrote. It's a wonderful story. We have Harrison Ford, who's approved the story. He's ready to perform in the movie."

Spielberg added, "The movie's going to be shot probably in May of 2004. When I say probably, it could be April or May of 2004, and the movie's going to come out probably for the July 4th weekend of 2005, because the last Star Wars is going to come out the week before Memorial Day 2005. So we're coordinating this to be a one-two punch, with the last Star Wars coming out in 2005 in May and Indiana Jones IV coming out 2005, probably June 29th or July 4th."

As for Ford's advancing age, Spielberg said, "Harrison Ford can still kick the sh-t out of most people half his age. I think he's in great condition to put the fedora and the ... leather jacket back on and crack that bullwhip a few more times."

Fallguy
4th June 2002, 09:26 PM
Hmmm,
that might be quite good actually - I really liked Indiana Jones III.

Any news on whether Sean Connery will be in it? I loved the play between Ford and Connery in the last film..... :)

Fallguy

speculative
5th June 2002, 04:26 AM
Great News! :)

-spec