PDA

View Full Version : Matrix and the Bible

Snufkin
22nd May 2002, 04:40 PM
Christian allegories The Holy Trinity Theory

The three together (Morpheus, Neo, Trinity) are necessary to conquer the matrix -- the three in ONE. They may have powers against the matrix that others do not.

Morpheus - God the father Tank: "Morpheus, you were more than a leader to us. You were a father." Also, John the Baptist, who heralded the coming of Jesus.

Neo Jesus the son Choi: "Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ." Neo dies, and returns to life. He is the second coming, sent to save the people. In the gospels, two days after Jesus died, he resurrected and roamed the lands for 40 days breaking bread, appearing to people to tell them about the truth of salvation, showing them the miracle of life, and on the 40th day, he ressurected, soul AND body up into heaven. In the Matrix, 2 minutes after Neo dies, he ressurects, and now roams the matrix and he is going to show the people of the land the truth about their lives and how it isn't the end, it's just the beginning. At the very end of the movie, Neo flies UP into the sky, which seems very similar to Jesus' rising up into the sky and leaving the earth physically as well as his soul.>>

The movie was released on Easter weekend (holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.)

Trinity - The Holy Spirit Representation of love. Also possibly the Virgin Mary, as a nurturing mother-figure who facilitates Neo's 'birth' into the real world. Also possibly Mary Magdaline.

Thomas Anderson - Doubting Thomas Doubting Thomas did not believe Jesus had died and been resurrected until he saw the wounds. Thomas/Neo is shot, does not feel it until he sees the wound, dies momentarily, and then believes he is the One.

Cypher - Judas or Demon Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss. Cypher betrays with a celphone and a sneeze. Cypher sounds like Lucifer. Demon: Visual cues - goatee, red spots reflecting in his glasses like red pupils (seen upon return from Oracle), when sitting on Morpheus with headset on, light reflects on headset like little horns. He was the only character to wear red clothing. Cypher: "Don't hate me, Trinity. I'm just a messenger." Satan called himself the messenger. Cypher's deal with the Agents = selling his soul for material pleasures = a deal with the devil.

Tank - The Virgin Mary? or Lazarus Virgin Mary: Tank says he is 100% pure (er, old-fashioned homegrown human.) He acts as the communicator between two worlds. He is portrayed as kind and good-hearted. He could pass as Mary perhaps, or even more specifically, the Mexican Virgin Mary (Guadalupe), a loving brown messenger sent to console and galvanize her people. Lazarus: Resurrected from the dead by a miracle.

The Oracle - The Delphic Oracle All the prophets and sybils on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, including the Delphic Oracle, foretold the coming of the Messiah. >>

Zion - last human city Zion, Biblical city Psalms 48 - "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness. Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King. God is known in her palaces for a refuge."

Nebuchadnezzar hovercraft - Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon Daniel 2-5. <<Nebuchadnezzar was a historical king, but there are legends about him in the Book of Daniel. He has a dream and wants it interpreted, but he can't remember what it was! Daniel tells him his dream and interprets it for him. Later, Nebuchadnezzar is striken mad and wanders like a beast in the wilderness. My King James version of the Bible Dictionary says that Nebuchadnezzar literally means: "Nebo, protect the crown" (or the landmark.) Nebo was the Babylonian God of Wisdom. The madness part - it says he later recovered and acknowledged God's power and goodness. 2 Kings 24 - "In his days Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up, and Jehoiakim became his servant three years: then he turned and rebelled against him."

The Therion
22nd May 2002, 10:26 PM
What is equaly amazing is, that this info got online only a few days after the film opened ! ;)

NickBrownsFan
23rd May 2002, 03:15 AM
So as with any movie which comes first
The conspiracy or the plot? ;)

lechumbl
5th February 2009, 02:22 PM
A little spam there? :mad:

Meadmaker
5th February 2009, 02:39 PM
Not anymore.

lechumbl
5th February 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Meady,

You da man!!

Take care.............

krucibus
11th February 2009, 08:04 PM
Hmm... so somebody has WAAAAY too much time on their hands? Great Scot! Good read...:D

IM BACK! Fixed all my little hang-ups- Just in time for Windows 7!

lechumbl
11th February 2009, 09:17 PM
Hi bud,

"Fixed all my little hang-ups- Just in time for Windows 7!"
And you don't think it will start again with Windows 7? :D

Take care............

krucibus
12th February 2009, 02:17 PM
'Course it will! That's what all the fun is about, right?:D
("I need more memory, I need more memory, I need more memory... Ad Infinitum.")

Sorry, we're off track on the thread subject know... my bad. back to the author!